December 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Mascara FAIL, Lancome. After seeing this demo'd on HSN or QVC, I just had to get one. Total disappointment. The best thing I can say about this product is I like the applicator. Personally, I prefer the NYX Doll Eye mascara, which is a fraction of the price of the Lancome and produced a much better result. I honestly don't think Hypnose Doll Lashes is any better than most department store mascaras...and not as good as a lot of them. I'd advise trying to score a trial size tube before investing bucks into the full-size version.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh. So disappointed with this. The brush is terrible! It doesn't lengthen .. or give any sort of volume at all (I do have super straight, short lashes, so I ask ALOT of my mascaras) and is it just me or does it have a weird smell? I got what I thought was the blackest shade, but its kinda grey? And I found it wears off SO easily. Through out the day, I was having to wipe the faint blackness under my eyes from this mascara. Definitely not worth the $31 CDN I paid for this. I should have just paid the extra few dollars and got Dior. Don't bother buying this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I own Hypnose, Hypnose Drama and so seeing this I had to get it, Im sure it was the packaging, because I wear mascara once a week maybe.
I have also purchased Defincils a few yrs back and hated it, I have had my share of experiences with Lancome I have this hate/love relationship with them, when I love something like their luminizing loose powder (photogenic)
its of course discontinued..............anyway
This mascara is really bad! It's just pretty packaging thats it!
It is clumpy and the mascara goes on very unevenly and it's just a total mess, I have given it so many tries, with and without the Cils booster, wiping the wand, warming it in the darn microwave thinking that maybe the cold weather made it stiff and dry............you name it I did it all....after so many frustrating tries I was done once and for all.
I will stick to the original Hypnose which I also like better than Drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Mynkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am torn with this product. Although $27 is an average price for a Lancome mascara, it is a bit expensive considering this formula becomes thick almost immediately. I love the dramatic lengthening affects but find myself struggling with the excess product on the brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by chloealli

Don't get me wrong, this is a great product but it just didn't work well with me. I found it was very chunky and thick. It was more of a night time mascara than a daily wear. It did smudge a little. I don't think it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

To be frank, I am not a fan of Lancomes other mascara's. But a few coats of Doll lashes and I was hooked! The formula is high end and doesn't dry up to fast. I love the shape of the brush, its almost "footballish" but it has a pointed tip so you can get the outer lashes much better. I do about 7 coats of this after I curled my lashes and honesty, people asked me if I was wearing lashes. It is very pricey, but if you are a lash gal like myself! worth every penny

HG for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara provides a nice light coat on my lashes that add a lot of length and doesn't clump. The brush separates your lashes so they look like "doll eyes" and it smells like roses! I would love if this helped keep my lashes curled though, as they tend to "fall down" after just an hour or two of wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by plasticliche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara has been a huge disappointment. It doesn't even curl your lashes! It just colors them.
The only nice thing is that it smells like roses.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is an epic failure for lancome and I don't say that easily, I am a devout Lancome lover but if you put your fancy pants name on crap...it's still crap. This wouldn't be that horrible if you picked it up at CVS for 8 bucks but when I'm shelling out 30 bucks and even worse dealing with the cosmetic counter vultures at the department store I expect way, way more. It clumps, does not lengthen, does not curl. It does build volume but no better than any product in the Loreal voluminous line. Lancome has delivered enough fantastic products that I will stick with them but if this had been my first experience with them I would've walked the 2 feet to clinique and never looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I saw many negative reviews, but my opinion is that if you have small and not curly lashes, you can't expect the WOW effect from any mascara. My lashes are long, curly and black so when I put this mascara, my eyes really look like a doll eyes. For people with small lashes, I think it would be better an ordinary mascara, because it will give them more volume than the other mascaras. That is because of the brush (if I can say "brush"). The price is really big - 27EUR, but I really liked it, because I have sensitive eyes and it doesn't irritate my eyes. I would buy it again, but once more: if your lashes are short - you should try something else and less expencive, because it won't work for you. ;)