Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

4.1

Octinoxate (7.5%), Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/22/2011 5:33:00 PM

I am quite a fan of this concealer.. not gonna lie! It's silky, smooth, great at brightening up my circles, and easy to use. I seem to be always in a constant struggle with concealers that end up letting me down and getting me disappointed, but so far, that hasn't happened! I've always had trouble with dark circles under my eyes that are also dry, so a common problem is that the concealer emphasizes the dryness and kind of balls up-- if you know what I mean. Anyway, what the result is really noticeable concealer under my eyes. With this, it glides over the dry skin and doesn't emphasizes them at all. Also, my skin color is hard to match. It has light yellow undertones but pinky cheeks and quite fair. My last concealer looked fine under my eyes but there was a definite change of color when going from my under eyes to my cheeks... it was really unnatural and weird looking. This concealer in 110 strikes a nice balance between the yellow and pink and just blends into the rest of my face, yet still brightens under my eyes.

My only concern so far is the packaging, which I like and dislike. Before, I used L'oreals super blendable concealer which had a messy tube with a brush that was hard to control and got product all over the place. Here, the sponge is so much easier to get a thin layer of product and it isn't messy, but it's just hard to see how much has really come out. This really isn't that big of a problem and I can totally suck it up because this is really impressive. Good job Maybelline!

on 11/21/2011 4:14:00 AM

I've purchased this in the corrector (yellow), the brightener (pink) and the light shade. I really like this- it's a light to medium coverage, without being heavy. It blends like a dream. I have been using the light shade on my face- around nose and on cheeks where I have redness, and it works great. After using it for about a month and a half I noticed I was getting some breakouts. I think the sponge applicator may have contributed to it. I only apply it to clean skin, but the sponge stays damp, and after awhile it becomes saturated and may harbor bacteria and it's just rather gross. So, what I did was pull the sponge off. You may want to do this after using it for awhile. I just apply it with my finger, now.

on 11/20/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I like this a lot. I'm reviewing the eraser.Mine looks different than the photo her and it's only for the eyes and much thinner. I couldn't find a category for it. I think this is the right review, because everyone is talking about circles.

For reference, I have really bad dark under eye circles. Heredity. This actually makes them look virtually non-existent. I had given up trying to cover them, because nothing worked. Instead, I just had a ton of weird looking makeup under my eyes, but still could see the circles. Then, I read the reviews here and figured, what do I have to lose? It's not too expensive and I can return it if I want to...

This is amazing. I really hope they never D/C this.

The one thing that worries me is the ingredient, Cyclo...something. I forget how to spell it, but I recognize it as being highly comedogenic. However, since it's just used under my eyes, it may be okay. I'll update if I have problems with breakouts.

on 11/20/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this since I love Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Treatment Make up sooo much. I've never had a problem with dark circles but I have been developing mild puffiness both under and over my eyes. I usually am sensitive to mostly anything I put too close to my eyes.... no burning or irritation with this at all. This did help with the puffiness, and it also helped smooth out my laugh lines and the beginnings of a vertical crepey line on my eyelid... ick :( I also use it to cover a bluish vein that recently has been showing through next to my eyebrow. Funny thing, now I notice this vein thing on even young girls and there I thought it was just another "perk" of life after 40. Seriously I have only positive things to say about this product.

on 11/20/2011 6:45:00 AM

After reading about this product on makeup alley, I thought i'd give this product a shot. I've been working in the makeup industry for many years and I really love how this product works. I personally have dark circles, which run in the family, and fine lines as well. I have used many other concealers recently such as MAC Studio Fix Concealer (Too cakey and drying for under eye area), Bobbi Brown Corrector w/ Powder (Can't Complain, but a bit pricey), Maybellines Instant Age Rewind (Okay, Not Too Crazy About It) and Hard Candys Instant Camouflage Concealer (Which Literally Can Hide a Tattoo, but really dry undereye area, though not cakey at all). I bought this in a Medium shade and I absolutely love it. It goes on well, doesn't dry the under eye area, isn't expensive and very affordable, and it puts on and stays on well. For people with intense undereye dark circles, i'd recommend using the neutral shade, let it sit for a minute or so and then add there skin shade concealer, it'll do wonders. Not too crazy about the sponge tip, but I brush in the concealer anyways, use a moist sponge to set it, then brush some translucent powder with a foundation brush and voila! Eyes look refreshed, it isn't drying at all and it doesn't make my fine lines stand out like the other concealers i've tried in the past, except for Bobbi Brown. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with fine lines and dark circles.

on 11/18/2011 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I REALLY wanted to like this because I have heard so many raves from others, but I was very underwhelmed. Maybe a different color would change my mind, but the one I chose had hardly any coverage and was far too thin of a consistancy.

on 11/17/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this concealer to try. I'll be running out of my Mac Studio Finish soon so I was looking to try new ones. now I don't have bad circles but it's enough for me to notice then. While this concealer does brighten up my under eye area, I feel that it doesnt cover enough. At first I got thus in medium but that was too light for my nc40-42 skin tone,so I went back and got it in Honey, which I think is still a tad too light. All in all it's a good cocealer but not enough coverage for me.

on 11/16/2011 5:50:00 PM

The worst of Maybelline's concealers. The formula is too thin for staying power, the colors have no peach for very dark circles, and the applicator is too large and bulky for undereye applying. Their old double rewind and mineral concealers were much better. This would only work for people without serious dark circles or for light skin.

on 11/16/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have mild dark circles, nothing bad. I purchased this product on the recommendation of a youtube guru.

I like the coverage and the brush- so soft and easy to blend.

But this stuff makes my lower lash line bright red. I guess I'm allergic to something in the product, which is too bad because I really liked it.

I took the brush head off the product and used it with some other concealer...which kind of worked.

Curse my sensitive eyes!

on 11/15/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this. I first got it in Light and it just blended into my skin so well. loved how thin it was and yet it covered so well. I think I was really rough trying to open it etc and within the first week I had broken the neck of the whole container...so while I had concealer still in the bottle the only way I could access it would be to pull it apart and use my fingers...didn't like doing that so I went and bought a new one. Only problem is I accidentally bought my 2nd one in Fair...a color that is too light for my skin...I will use it but next time I will get my glasses out and make sure to get Light.