Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 2/9/2015 3:33:00 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this foundation. I am not at all oily but it really is my best match ever. The color is perfect, the formula is so lightweight, and it blends wonderfully. The formula seems a but strange at first since it is exemplifies the "clay" in the name of the product. It's thick and seems like it would just cake on, but it goes on so smoothly. It also really lasts 12 hours. After work I would just need to add a light dusting of powder and I would be good to go grab dinner. Though it is a bit expensive I feel like I use less product than my less expensive drug store foundations. Previously MAC was my hg foundation but this really blows that out of the water. I am in serious love.

on 2/6/2015 8:01:00 PM

I gave this foundation three lippies because there are some good qualities, 1.) It's made with less chemicals and has nice natural ingredients 2.) Nice creamy formula that blends well 3.) Feels moisturizing doesn't dry out skin 4.) Nice yellowish shades that match well. The things i didn't like to point that i wouldn't purchase this foundation again are 1.) Makes skin oily after only hour, i think the clay in this actually pulls the skins oil to the surface which makes you use alot more powder even during winter months. 2.) Seeps into pores making them much more visible. 3.) Foundation formula can make you look caking 4.) Not really full coverage.

on 2/4/2015 9:34:00 AM

I bought this foundation after all the rave reviews on social media. Finding a color match was tough and it oxidizes on me pretty badly. I like the way it applies with a beauty blender but that's where the like ends. It sticks to all of my fine lines and then transfers really badly. Also after about 2 hours of wear, my skin starts to itch and i can literally see white head pimples coming to the surface. While I have dry skin, I've never had issues with anything clogging my pores.

on 2/2/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have super sensitive skin. By that I mean my skin is extremely acne prone on the forehead and tends to dry out easily. I originally purchased this foundation as an emergency because I had the worst break out of my life two days before prom. It claimed to be full coverage and felt very nice on my skin when I swatched it in the store. There was a decent range of shades (I'm medium-sand loloolol of course I'm a sandy colour just like the desert hahah) for lighter skinned people. Anyway, I'm a HUGE Tarte fan like debatably the biggest in the world. Unfortunately, I found that this foundation did not have full coverage much to my disappointment and did a reallly good job of making the dryness in my skin even more visible. I would say that it's more like a tinted moisturizer and is wonderful for summertime when you want just a little something but not too much. As a general rule I hate wearing foundation because it makes my face sting and I just want to rip it off...this foundation does not do this to me! Yay!!

on 2/2/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my absolute HG foundation. I have very oily skin, and my makeup usually runs down my face by lunch, but this stuff easily lasts 12 hours on me. Yes, it is a little pricey, but it is an excellent product and the color matches me perfectly. It has a nice light scent, barely noticeable and it soaks into my skin well. It is thick, but very easy to rub in, I use a beauty blender most of the time for application. THE BEST STUFF EVER!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's great it's a heavy foundation that you could use lightly or heavily as needed! it gives my face a great matte feeling!

on 2/1/2015 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had been using Maybelline's Fit Me liquid foundation for months, and wanted to try a high-end, more expensive foundation that was full coverage. An employee at my local Ulta suggested this product to me, as it was a full coverage foundation with an SPF for my fair skin. I purchased the Ivory shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I was sooo excited about this foundation. I used Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel moisturizer and Too Faced HangoveRx primer underneath this, hoping that it would smooth out like butter on my skin. This foundation made my skin feel like the moisture had been sucked out of it. It would cling to dry patches and create its own dry patches on my forehead and around my mouth. I have never felt my skin feel so tight and dry, and my skin is oily in the T zone. I will admit that this foundation along with BareMinerals original powder foundation over it lasted until I got off of work after an 8 hour shift. I was a teensy bit oily in my T zone, but not nearly as much as I was when I would use Fit Me & BareMinerals powder. This foundation is not a full coverage foundation with one application. You need to layer this foundation in order for it to hide redness or use a concealer for blemishes. This foundation also makes blemishes stand out, which is the opposite of what we're all trying to achieve. I'm sure with the right primer, this foundation is magical. However, I do not really care for it. I'll use it until it runs out and try a new foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a beautiful feel but does not last throughout the day. With primer, translucent powder and the works it just doesn't stay. Great for an event lasting 1-4 hours but don't count on it past that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love it but didn't work out on my skin. Made my imperfections look worse. It's great but not for me.

on 1/20/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation which I like, but it whites me out and makes me look like a ghost in pictures. I heard about this foundation and I had to try it. First of all, it's very pricey. I think with tax it came out to about $40.68. Second, it claims to be a full coverage foundation. I happen to have acne and several acne scars, so I know a good full coverage foundation when I see one, and this one is not. The rimmel foundation covers waaaay better. Third, this foundation just does not go on the skin well. I usually use a brush to apply foundation and it just doesn't blend/spread out on the skin well at all. I will probably just use this one since I spent money on it and then go back to rimmel. I will not be repurchasing this product.