BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara after hearing everyone rave about it, my lashes are straight and short and this mascara does nothing for me I'd compare it to maybellines great lash, this mascara is very smooth and leaves no clumps almost like I'm not wearing anything but I do love the wand, now I use roller lash paired with better than sex and it works great with maintaining a curl

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I mean, this is an okay mascara? It doesn't smudge/flake and seems pretty waterproof. I got this in the sample size as a free gift and i don't think I will purchase it. I do like the brush, the rubber bristles do a pretty good job at separating lashes. I also appreciate the spiky ends, though sometimes i may jab myself in the eye. But this goddamn formula does not hold a curl AT ALL. I have hellish straight lashes so I curl them pretty well before mascara any given time but the heavy formula sinks the lashes within five minutes. The only time it doesn't stop curling is when I curl the lashes after mascara, which will in turn clump them after I've painstakingly separated them....you get my dilemma.

What a disappointment. I bought this in a mini set that came with a they're real liner. Hated them both. The problem with this mascara is the dang wand! The bristles are way too long, and they jab me in the eye instead of gripping the lashes. I don't even know how good the formula is because the medieval torture device wand has scared me off for good. I immediately went in with my Maybelline Rocket and fixed my weird looking lashes up. Not good. Just... not at all.

What is all the hype about?
I bought this and seriously do not see any length... I am truly disappointed. I bought this because I had ran out of th Younique 3D fiber one and I'm sorry benefit but as much as I do love your products you really need to up your game for mascara :(

I didn't understand what the hype was about. This mascara sucked & did nothing to my lashes. I have naturally thick, long, & straight lashes & this mascara did not hold the curl of my lashes, it did not give any volume, & it wasn't cheap either.
My $2 Jordana best lash mascara is WAYYYY better than this mascara. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Don't waste your money. I returned They're Real after a month.

I like my lashes long, thick and full of volume. This mascara did neither of those things. I have much better luck with my $7 CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume.

The brush has tons of rubber bristles that were much more effective at clumping my lashes together than separating them. It looked embarrassingly unnatural. In terms of lengthening, it did absolutely nothing. My lashes looked short and stubby because it also can't hold a curl.

I found the mascara to be very drying. And it flaked!! I couldn't believe it. It's virtually impossible to remove, which concerns me because scrubbing your eyes trying to get rid of this stuff makes you lose precious lashes.

I'll keep using my trusty Lash Blast.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I must be on my 4th or 5th tube of this mascara, I like to try out different ones in between with varying success but I always end up going back to this which speaks for itself I guess. Mixed reviews on here but personally I really like the brush - I find the little ball on the end helps me get to the lashes right in the corners and is good for bottom lashes, and the formula makes a real, noticable difference to my lashes compared to others I have tried. As with all benefit products it is probably a little overpriced - your paying a bit extra for lovely packaging which is unnecessary but still, girly and nice to have and so I'm usually happy with that as long as the product inside is still good! I'm sure I will continue to repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

There are 1000's of reviews on this mascara so my opinion probably doesn't matter. So here goes. First of all, I like this mascara for the most part. The brush is tricky and as one reviewer said, it does resemble a medieval torture device. That being said, it does take some practice to get used to this brush. I admit I have poked myself in the eye a few times trying to reach the inner corner lower lashes. There is also the glop factor. It does deposit glops of product at times so quite often I have to wipe the end of the brush off which in turn does waste some of the mascara. It is semi-buildable. But it's a fine line between full voluminous lashes and clumpy spider legs. With practice, I have been able to get the full look without looking like a tarantula. I do love the dark pigment. It makes my lashes look dark. The price is expensive. Yet I have repurchased this at least twice because I do like how it works when I get a new tube of it. Be aware though, I have noticed slight flaking at the end of the day. It seems to work better with a new tube but after a couple of months the formula becomes drier and seems to flake more. I wouldn't say it's HG and in fact I am still searching for the perfect mascara but I like it enough to use it interchangeably with other mascaras.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ugh...I wanted to love this mascara SO badly. The wand is amazing - it gave me the fullest, yet most feathery, separated lashes I've ever had with a mascara. The only problem is that the formula is extremely smudgy and flaky after a few hours. I not only had raccoon eyes (despite my dry eyelids), but also big clumps breaking off. I went a little light-handed with the product, so at the very least, I shouldn't have had pieces flaking off. I thought a waterproof formula might be less smudgy, but alas, they don't make one for this exact product. I also found the formula to be difficult to remove, which is another bummer for me. This promptly went back to Ulta. Very disappointing indeed.

When I first used this mascara I loved it! The brush is a small comb that has small hairs that are spread apart so you don't end up with clumpy eyelashes which I love. I think it does a good job at lengthening your lashes. But when I take it off the product tends to sting my eyes a little and I don't like the price too much. I found a dupe for it that's much less. If you can spend the money than sure it's a good product.

Popular Mascaras