April 16, 2014 | 1882 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This truly is a wonderful mascara, unless you have straight lashes and need it to hold a curl. It doesn't clump, applies beautifully,removes easily, is non-irritating, lengthens, volumizes and separates.... but my lashes instantly return to stick straight even with Shiseido primer. :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by mdollah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this for a gift and was amazed because it was the best mascara I have ever used. When I ran out, I tried to subsitute by buying Clump Crusher and Million Lashes (as I did before getting this product) but there was no comparison. Sucked it up and bought it again. I will never go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by jp756

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara I've ever used!! Extended and thickens your eyelashes without the clumpy look!!! Would highly recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

great

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, Benefit. If it weren’t $30 a tube I would happily buy this without guilt. This definitely has been moved to ‘special occasion’ or ‘night time’ mascara rather than everyday mascara because of the steep price point. What I like about it is the formula – not too thick, and not too thin, but just right. The brush is also my favourite – drugstore mascaras and even some high end ones have crappy brushes that don’t do anything for my lashes. They don’t stick or adhere as much as I try to fight it. The hard bristles I believe does the trick – they definitely extend and it does not clump on my lashes at all.

However, I am giving this one less of a lippie rating because in just a month the whole formula just clumped in the tube, causing in a colossal waste of product… it clumped on the brush then it seeped out all over the tube. It was incredibly frustrating – to note, I didn’t store it in any weird temperature. It just occurred out of nowhere and unexpectedly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ckwylde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd heard rave reviews about this mascara and have been in the market for something new. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it's reputation. I found it clumpy and worse it flakes off horribly during the day. For someone who wears contacts that is a big deal. I would neither buy nor recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by xshirleyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't tend to use mascara often as my Asian lashes aren't the best to use mascara on. However, as my lashes are pretty long for an Asian, this product has indeed put emphasis on my lashes.

Overall Pros:
- Great packaging!
- Does a pretty decent job on an Asian
- Defs one of my favourite mascaras, despite the fact I don't use it often
- The wand is wicked! Love the fact that you can use it to separate clumps (only when done properly though, I remember when I first used it, I made clumps worse)

Overall Cons:
- I swear, everything is expensive in Sydney. I bought it for $38 at Myer, when you can get it for a much lower price of $23 in the US

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by blushingrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put yes I would buy this again but I'm not so sure. I first tried this in the trial size as a bday gift from sephora last year. I took this with me on a trip I took to the south last year in the middle of july..so this really tested the longevity.

For reference my lashes are not long..probably average length with a little curl and more thin than thick. When I put this on I was blown away. I always do two coats
no matter the mascara....this made my lashes long and thick. Very dramatic for daytime which I love.

I ran to ulta to get the full size knowing it would be the same result. The full size effect was not the same. My lashes still looked nice but not as dramatic as when I had the sample. I have used that entire tube so my review covers the effect I got over several months. The more I used it and the older the formula got the less I was impressed. Honestly I had to layer with cover girl clump crusher to get that same effect from the sample.

hopefully this review helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The cult-obsession over this mascara is well-deserved. It's my ideal mascara, it's a rich black, which builds amazing length AND volume AND holds a wicked curl AND lasts all day (yes. finally. all of them in one). While it's not marketed as waterproof, you'll want some serious makeup remover to take this off, because it doesn't like to budge. I didn't think this would live up to the ridiculous hype and it totally did. Only con is the price, but I'd happily pay it for the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I'm just now discovering this tube of awesomeness!:)) Shame on me for not trying it sooner.

"They're Real" was recommended to me by a good friend of mine whose makeup choices are always on point and has the most amazing lashes..I've never been one to spend more then $10 on mascara, but based on her recommendation I bought it.

I have wimpy, thin lashes that are brown/black in color and most mascaras don't do enough for me as I need a lot of help in the lengthening and thickening department; the only thing I have going for me is that my lashes have a natural curl to them. Enter Benefit's They're Real Mascara...a highly pigmented, jet-black mascara that takes my eye lashes to the extreme, just 3 coats and it looks like I have on falsies, no joke! No flakes or raccoon eyes here so I'm ecstatic about that too.

The formula is more "wet" than most, but I like that about it as it leads to a more dramatic and intense application and it has a synthetic fiber brush with a sphere-like extension on the end to help get every little lash (even those itty bitty ones in your inner corners). I have zero complaints about the brush and the final result, my only gripe is that this mascara is a pain in butt to remove; most products come off easily with equate eye makeup remover wipes for me, but not his one...I have to do the additional step of wiping the remains of it off with olive or coconut oil. I don't mind doing this as I think I found a new HG!