August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by glamarlo1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I really liked this product, but after a while of usage I have decided that I do not. After one coat it clumps pretty easily and it will only extend your lashes to a minimum. Not bad, but not the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I expected too much on thus product. It helps curl my lashes but let it go into weird directions. Also, the formula smells weird. Only gives a bit of volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rubie17

i love this mascara totally makes my lashes look like falsies. love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Maybelline Volum Express Mascara and was extremely disappointed. After two coats on my naturally long lashes, I noticed throughout the day how uncomfortable the product was becoming on my lashes. It just made my lashes brittle, and washing it off at night proved so. I noticed an increase in lash loss and was just unimpressed with their voluminizing mascara, since it made no difference and only clumped. I love Maybelline shadows, but their mascaras are just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just a pretty average mascara to me. Here's the breakdown:

Pros:
Very black, nice pigmentation
Lengthens as well as volumizes
Buildable
No fallout

Cons:
Definitely does not "fill in gaps" as it claims
Other mascaras volumize much better
Curls the tips of lashes in weird directions if you apply to much/use it to lengthen

Just an okay product, not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ricarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Truly horrific. I've never liked maybelline mascaras and I remembered why when I purchased this. The formula is so watered down, it really does nothing. Flakes like crazy too. I just purchased Max Factor's false lash effect after a month of struggling with falsies flared and it's a breath of fresh air. Finally! A mascara that actually does something!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im the type of girl who tries new mascaras out as soon as Im done a bottle, but with this one, i just kept coming back again and again, i really loved it.
It doesnt clump, it doesnt have fallout, it makes your eyelashes look so long and full and just BAM! (mind you i have been blessed with naturally curved long and full eyelashes so i doubt i'd be able to find a mascara that doesnt do just that to mine).
Unfortunately i have noticed that it dries out extremely fast, so i moved on to Lancome Star Hypnose. If that doesnt work, i might just come back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JessPotter

I like this mascara. Certainly not bad, but I have used much better ones. The formula isn't the best, but the thing I like about this is the brush. It really does make my lashes flare out, which I found very pretty. Overall, I would repurchase but it isn't really a staple in my mascara routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by azadeah

I expected too much of this product, which is probably why I'm so disappointed. Clumps easily and does not add length, only a little bit of volume. I'm not impressed at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by skalolazka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this a few days ago, and I am not a fan. Wish I'd bought it someplace where you can return used cosmetics, because I DO NOT like it. I have the same problems with clumping and flaking that others have noted. If I do one super-light coat immediately upon removing the brush from the tube, I get an okay result on left eye, but the lashes on my right eye always look noticeably shorter. The only "good" thing I can say about it is that, despite the flaking, it has not irritated my very sensitive, contact-lens wearing eyes. The only reason I'm still using it is that I have no other mascara on hand (and I feel guilty about tossing something brand new).