October 21, 2014 | 2067 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. It has just enough salicylic acid to reduce my oiliness, but not so much that it leaves my face taut or dry. I don't use everyday, but it seems gentle enough to. I really like the light foamy texture. Definitely recommend for keeping acne prone skin at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

you only need one pump per use because once on your face there is plenty of product! i like that its a foam, it doesnt feel heavy at all. easily washes off. no fragrance. i have not noticed any breakouts but at the same i have not noticed any clearing. i have moderate acne, & oily/dry combination skin i think this is an pretty good cleanser. i got it for $6 at ulta so the price is definitley pretty good compared to others. im not sure if i would purchase again because im still on the hunt for my HG cleanser thats good at removing makeup and acne. oh and btw this is really good with removing makeup! also, dont complain this dries out your skin. it has acne medicine in it. obviously

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product when I got my first bottle of Clear Complexion moisturizer, I figured they would go hand in hand. I loved how soft the cleanser made my face feel, and then combined with the moisturizer I thought I was set. The next morning I woke up to huge, cystic acne. I didn't know which product caused it, so I went a few days using just one and then the other and it turns out the cleanser was what broke me out so badly. The moisturizer is my HG, but this cleanser is not worth it at all, I definitely don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by umitsanita

omg i hate this cleanser. arguably the worst one i've ever tried... i was soooo excited to get it because i saw alot of great reviews on youtube and such! so i went out as soon as i could and bought it. the packaging looks really cute lol. i used it the same night in the shower and it felt amazing. after, my skin felt fresh and soft. maybe it was just all the hype that made me not realize that it dried my skin out so badly. i used it about two times more until i began to notice alot of dry patches everywhere that really hurt and were flaky..... so gross. i expected so much more out of this cleanser :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jenw1401

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! I've tried various different cleansers and I have been coming back to this one. I use a prescription retinoid every other night to exfoliate my skin and I would classify my skin as fair and sensitive but prone to breakouts. This product is gentle, has a nice soft fragrance, has a low concentration of salycylic acid (to keep those hormonal breakouts at bay) and is just a gentle, effective and pleasant product to use. I highly recommend it if you have combination, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used at least 10 bottles of this over the years. It's a great foaming cleanser that doesn't make my skin tight. It doesn't have a fragrance and is very good at removing my makeup. This is the only facewash I've fallen in love with!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by heist7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this last summer and I've been using it on and off since then. If you do have acne, please please don't do what I did and switch products all the time. It really unbalances your skin's pH level and that's when you break up out of the blue. This product is so-so. I'd use it if I had nothing else but it definitely isn't a wonder product. The price is alright, but not cheap for the amount you get, since it's a foaming cleanser which takes up a lot of air. The packaging I'd give a 4/5 because the pump gets stiff and is hard to push down. After I wash my skin, I like to have that clean but moisturized feeling. With this product, my skin feels dry and taut and uncomfortable. My skin also gets red after washing with this, so it may be the soy I'm allergic to. Also, it foams a bit too much, which I dislike. The big thing I like about this foaming cleanser is that they don't use SLS. Instead they use a milder surfectant, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, which isn't as harsh. This product isn't the best and I've used better, but it doesn't do anything horrible to my skin either.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate, Hate, HATE!! I was breaking out really bad a few months back out of the blue. I had to go back to my Proactiv to rid the problem. I have combo/sensitive skin and the Proactiv Sensitive Formula is really harsh on me but clears my breakouts so I use it only when they're out of control. The reaction from the Proactiv I get started before I switched. Thinking Aveeno (natural formulas) would be a good swap I bought this. WORSE MISTAKE! It dried my skin out 10 times faster than Proactiv did. 20 mins after washing and moisturizing I would see huge dry, flaky patches on my cheeks by the side of my mouth and my nose!! Did research and man I should have did that before buying. Its packed full of agents that'll just ruin your skin. I now found my HG, Ponds Cold Cream (read my review on how to use it and not have a greasy layer left behind). Will never use anything else and I have complicated skin. DO NOT BUY THIS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rachelcohen19

I have struggled with bad skin for YEARS, and I have used every product imaginable. This foaming cleanser is just what I needed, I think it's gentle enough to do the trick. If you've been killing your skin with harsh products like I have, try taking a break from it all and using this. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rachdach01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel like this cleanser has gotten a bad rap on this forum because people don't understand how an acne cleanser is supposed to work. When you begin using a new acne treatment, even if your skin is relatively good, the salicylic acid will cause more cell-turnover which bring up the clogged pores UNDERNEATH your skin. your skin will purge and will probably breakout immediately after beginning to use the cleanser, and this does not make it a bad product, it makes it EFFECTIVE. if after 3-4 weeks your skin is still purging, yes the cleanser is probably irritating your skin.

That being said, I use a clarisonic which has already purged my skin and cleaned very deeply, so this cleanser was a nice addition to help prevent new blemishes. Also, there is SOY in the product. Many, many people are allergic to soy. I'd recommend testing the product on your inner arm and waiting overnight and if there's no reaction there, you're probably fine.

Overall, I love using this in the morning with my clarisonic mia and it's done a really great job at clearing up the few stray blemishes I get one week per month.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No