Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 8/17/2013 5:20:00 PM

I'm in my early 20s, and since I was about 10, I've been trying out hundreds of different face moisturizers. I've tried ones from the drugstore and ones from department stores that cost hundreds of dollars. I've come to realize though, that a moisturizer is a moisturizer. What is it meant to do? Moisturize my face. That's it. And that's exactly what the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion does.

Last year, I suffered from a sudden onset of eczema. For almost half a year, I was not allowed to use any skincare product with fragrance in it. So for almost 6 months, all I used was my Cetaphil moisturizer. I had never imagined myself using a body lotion for my entire face, but I can't even begin to tell you how amazing my skin became. It had never looked smoother. All my dry patches and redness were gone.

Now, I will admit that this moisturizer is quite heavy on the face. At the same time, I don't find it moisturizing enough for my entire body (I use the Cetaphil cream instead). If I use this before applying my makeup in the morning, my skin will get quite oily very quickly. But, I use this on the days when I don't have any makeup on, and I use this at night. It has made the biggest difference to my skin. It gets rid of any redness immediately overnight, and my skin feels super smooth the next morning.

I'm so glad that I discovered this lotion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Great for body but not so great for my acne prone face. I have combo/acne prone skin and acne meds can dry it out. I bought both this and the cream in the jar. Neither worked for my face, but between the two, I prefer this. Strangely enough, I think this lotion is more hydrating than the cream for some reason.

I absolutely loved the way this made my skin feel... very very soft. It does leave your skin feeling a bit "tacky", which is what I wanted because I was suffering from dry flakes. It did take care of the flakes and left my skin feeling amazing... hydrated, smooth and soft. I became bold and decided to use it on my cheeks and that's when my problems arose. My cheeks are really prone to getting clogged and when I do get clogs on my cheeks, for some reason they take forever to heal. This caused about 5 large clogs on my cheeks and I am still trying to fade the hyperpigmentation leftover from them.

If you have dry or combination skin that is not clog prone, and are looking for a heavy moisturizer, you might like this. This is *not* a light moisturizer, so keep that in mind. I loved that it is fragrance free, comes in a pump and had a nice texture. This also worked so nicely as an under eye cream, but because I worried it would migrate and cause breakouts, I stopped using there.

I will use it up on my legs (for after shaving) and hands but not sure if I will repurchase as I prefer a different hand cream and I am kind of lazy about using body lotions.

on 8/3/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Very moisturizing and absorbs quickly. My skin is very dry and this does the trick without being too greasy. Non-fragrance and non-irritating for my sensitive skin.

on 7/29/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this with my cetaphil sensitive facial cleanser as I thought it would be good to have a moisturiser of the same brand (similar ingredients.) However I was disappointed as I found that it made my skin oily and some of my pimples worse. I still have the product as an emergency treatment for bad red dry patches, but I would definitely not recommend using it everyday if you have combination and sensitive skin. But I must give credt for the face that it doesn't react with my skin in a way of drying it out or making it go red, so itmight be good to try if you have serious dry skin problems, or if you might apply it to your body.

this moisturizer is one of my favs, its light, fragrance free, non comedogenic, and non irritating, this moisturizer gives the skin a dewy look(I am not a big fan of the dewy look)
its sold quite cheap for how much product you get compared to other drugstore moisturizer, and it last forever(I have had mine for over 7 months
I do recommend this product and try it out with cetaphll's gentle skin cleanser

on 7/15/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am ok with the fact that moisturizers should be unscented and smell a little gross. I've gotten over that.
However this moisturizer felt awful. When applied my skin was matte, I really don't care about that; I like shiny, clear skin.
Within 10 mins of application my face was sweating. There was this disgusting, waxy feeling to my skin. Luckily I purchased the travel size.
This stuff is lame.
***UPDATE*** I still do not use this on my face. However it's because I am so *duh* sometimes I realized after I read the ingredients that it was formulated much the same way a body lotion is. It's freaking body lotion! Anyway, I started using it on my body and its the best Ive used so far!

on 7/15/2013 10:16:00 AM

Try to avoid using it as a facial moisturizer. I've been using it for a few weeks in pea sized amounts, and it leaves my face with enough oil to grease down a frying pan. It's become a lot oilier especially since it is summer. This is better for dry areas (in winter) on your body.

on 7/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is really good for relieving dry skin. My brother who has eczema uses this all the time and it really helps. I use this once in a while and it really helps the dry patches on my skin go away. I keep a mini bottle with me in my purse or locker since my hands are always dry and this is definitely a must have for me. It is scent free so if your really sensitive I highly recommend this for you.

on 7/2/2013 12:52:00 PM

This product rocks! It tames my flakes and dry patches! Its soooo amazing! I love this product! For $10 at walmart, you get sooooooo much product! It definitely worth it! 👌

on 6/30/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't use this in the normal typical way. My skin is EXTREMELY oily. Within 30 mins of washing my face, it will be glowing with oil everywhere, not just my t-zone but my entire face. So I do not use a moisturizer, I do not use anything really. But I do need something to remove my make up, and normal make up removers or oil cleansers tend to break me out terribly. So I use this as a make up remover and sometimes body lotion in the winter. It's actually really wonderful as a make up remover. I just get 1-3 pumps on my fingertips, rub it on my dry face and rinse it off with water. After that I go in with my normal cleanser. My skin feels great afterwards, clean and balanced. I was using face wipes before this which was quite a waste because I would need 1-2 wipes and I'd never been able to find one that didn't irritate my skin at least slightly. This is much more efficient and effective.