August 31, 2014 | 1470 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mf93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Loved it at first as it completely smoothed my skin out and got rid of all flakes from using tea tree oil + Nicotinamide gel for my acne but after 4 days of use my skin broke out all around my chin, around the lip, above the lip, on my jaw and my cheeks, even where I don't usually break out :(

I think it's due to the Cetearyl Alcohol + Ceteareth 20 which are comedogenic :(

My pores also got really clogged.

Good product but not suitable for me. I know it's fine for lots of people though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a definite fan. Cetaphil is so popular for sensitive skin chicks like me and there is a reason for that. It is a relatively thin consistency I think and a little goes a long way. A full pump is way too much so be light handed when pushing down. It feels really good and moisturizing and has pretty much no scent which is great for the face. I have Rosacea and this lotion doesn't irritate my skin or give me redness at all. I bought my friend with bad acne the face wash and she loves it so its for all types of skin issues I feel. BUY

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by JKLawrence

Cetaphil lotion is my year round plan B moisturizer. I first got it about 4 years ago because my dermatologist recommended it highly. I give it a weak 4 because although it moisturizes well and has not irritated my skin, I really don't like using products with enough glycerin to be noticeable. I find this product is between a summer lotion and a winter cream, so I can use it year round if my current plan A moisturizer fails me, or I run out. It is one of very few creams that I have not developed a reaction to over time as I have very sensitive skin with moderate dermatitis. I prefer this lotion to Cetaphil's thicker cream in the jar. The cream feels a tad too oily on my t-zone. Because of the cheap price for the large quantity I definitely recommend the cream for bathroom cabinet duty when you run out of your favourite cream, and it's great for arms and legs after your shower as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I started off using this on my face, but got fed up because it broke me out on my cheeks. However, I then took the advice of some previous reviewers and tried it as a body lotion. Success! It's a lovely body moisturiser. Unscented (thank goodness), nice and moisturising without being too greasy, and really easy to apply from the squeezy bottle. I think I'll actually repurchase this to use on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by tonkoffu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this lotion for over 5 years on my face and neck - morning and night. Its the best! I find this lotion provides adequate moisture to my skin for most of the year. I'd recommend using a stronger moisturiser during winter as I find my skin gets patchy in the Australian winter but overall this moisturiser does the job and is cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by wwidgirl

Love this lotion. I use it on my face every day as well as on my body. I've been using it for about a year now after trying oil of olay, lubriderm, and various other lotions and this is my go to now. It lasts forever too. I'm still on my first bottle and it's been more than a year I think. I have relatively acne-free skin so I find it works on my face perfectly. In the morning under my makeup and at night. I also have the face wash (which is decent but doesn't wash my makeup off completely)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Livcomley111

Oh dear. DO NOT USE ON FACE! As tempting as it sounds or looks do not put this on your face. My face has ERUPTED in the worst allergic reaction in my whole life and I'm too self-conscious to even leave the house. My skin was fine for 3 days or so but I tell you nothing could've prepared me for this.

I'm disappointed because the price was good and the concept of it being so simple made sense. But it just cant be absorbed into your skin because its base is the same as Vaseline. Girls seriously, keep this one for your dry elbows but do not be tempted/lured into slathering your precious face in this! :D SAVE YOURSELVES WHILE YOU CAN! ;D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lotion it is the only one I feel my skin actually absorbs. I use it on my face and it does not break me out so its gentle. It's creamy but not oily. It has no scent I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

I love this stuff! Not only because of its low price, but also because it does its job of moisturizing my dry, flaky skin. It also works wonders as a hand lotion. I used to have red patches of itchy rashes on my hand before using the Cetaphil lotion. My hands have definitely improved and they are back to normal again! So happy! This is my definite must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by vbaime2

I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER. This is what the world needs! Just a simple face moisturizer with no fragrance or anything fancy that actually moisurizes. My favorite part about this moisurizer is the fact that it is noncomedogenic, meaning that it will not clog your pores. I have oily skin and I use benzoyl peroxide, which is very drying, on my face day and night. This product basically saved my life especially through the winter. Another plus is that it never runs out. It comes with so much that I'm only half way done with the bottle and I've been using it day and night for 6 months. Really good moisurizer for only $10 at walmart.