Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

It's hard to find a foundation that matches yellow toned Asian skin and that works for dry sensitive skin. I use the beige fonce one. It's light to medium coverage. Very smooth application and natural finish with a slight sheen. I personally love the gel/cream formula light melon-floral scent. The pump bottle makes it more hygienic too. I buy from ASOS which offers free shipping/returns for US.

on 2/7/2015 8:54:00 AM

I first heard of this foundation from makeup artist Lisa Eldridge. I have combo/oily skin type - more oily on my T zone and around my nose, but dryer around the mouth. This foundation has a nice scent and it goes on easily and gives a sheer-medium coverage. Your skin will look natural and radiant. But through out the day, I find my skin oil up. By the end of the day, the foundation is just gone. So the lasting power isn't great. I wouldn't recommend it if you have either oily or dry skin. But I do find it helps A LOT if I apply primer and setting spray. I like to try out new foundations, so I don't think I will repurchase again.

on 2/7/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I'm giving it 2 lippies because the scent is really fantastic and this foundation blends unto the skin really well. Also, it comes in a pump makes life so much easier. It feels like you are applying moisturizer on instead of putting make-up. The downside is that I have oily/sensitive skin so the foundation slides right off. By the time I get home, the foundation gives off a melting look, which is as you can imagine not very flattering. Perhaps if I have dry skin, this product would be marvelous and HG material.

It is really nice upon application, and feels moisturizing. Unfortunately it just doesn't work with oily skin because it slides right off even with powder. If you have normal to dry skin, I say go for it!

on 2/5/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have Rosacea and have highly reactive and extremely sensitive skin. I read many reviews on this product and noted that it was recommended for dry sensitive skin so I thought I would try it. When I first applied it I felt some tingling on my face and thought it was due to the fragrance. I left it a while longer and felt my face burning and quickly washed it off. My entire face was burnt and it stayed that way for about 10 days. I read the ingredients in this product and noticed that one of them was alcohol. Why would a product that is meant for dry sensitive skin have alcohol in it? This was very very bad for my skin.

on 1/30/2015 3:39:00 PM

Although this is not the most convenient for me to use since I'm from the U.S., so I have to order it online to get it, I've been really happy with this foundation since I've had it (about a year). It's lasted me a really long time, and it's surprisingly good for the price in my opinion.

It is a runnier foundation, and it does have a bit of a scent (somewhat reminiscent of berries?) but I disdain scents in skincare, and I actually find this one to be quite tolerable. The pump is very convenient, and it applies easily. One thing about this foundation is that I think it's especially suited for drier skin, because of the "serum-like" texture. I will also say that it isn't the most long-wearing of formulas; I do notice it tend to break down after a normal 8 hour work day. However, I think this foundation is really good for mixing with other more long lasting formulas to add a nice dewy finish.

Would definitely recommend to those interested in trying Bourjois products.

on 1/27/2015 9:10:00 AM

This foundation is med-coverage, I found it a little too matte and drying for me in the winter. In the summer, or if you're doing something active this is great - absorbs oils and has good staying power.

I like the scent but it is a little strong. I'm almost finished mine and liked it.

The foundation did not work me.
I'm pretty disappoint 'cause I heard it works for others. Too bad everyone has another skin tone and texture.

on 1/24/2015 10:10:00 AM

my new HG!!! Didn´t expect I would be so so so happy with the product, but I am!! Undetectable on face yet covering enough. Definitely buildable, no problem to achieve at least (!!) medium coverage, my imperfections were concealed, dark under-eye circles and pores disappeared - no need to use concealer afterwards. And the amazing scent is just...wow! I love it.
My color is 52 Vanilla and I am absolutely happy with it. Very nice fair shade with yellow undertone.
Definitely will repurchase.

on 1/13/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a fan of the regular healthy mix foundation but this one is the one that seems to be available now.

Its ok, I like that the color is still a good match (52 for NC20-25).

I don't find it lasts very long at all, nothing close to 16 hours.

I don't particular love this foundation but its ok. Good enough. Would not buy again because there are many other reasonably priced products from the drugstore and I honestly own a ton of other foundations including 2 bottles of regular healthy mix. but its ok and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent basic drugstore product

on 1/10/2015 2:45:00 PM

I have dry patchy skin that's prone to eczema, especially in the winter, and generally foundation seems to cake and flake after an hour or two, but this works really really well for me. It's a gel formula, so it's basically a liquid but without that powdery feeling when it's dried, once it's on it has a silky texture similar to a primer, this makes it very easy to apply and blend. I only ever use my fingers to apply it, it's always even and it's easy to use it lightly where you don't need it so much and put a bit more on where you feel you need it.

The coverage is light, but it's best suited to dry skin where there's not likely to be a need for high coverage (for instance acne and scarring) so for small patches and blemishes it covers perfectly well.

I use shade 52 (Vanilla) however I think that all of the shades are yellow based. I personally think this works well, dry skin can sometimes be a bit dull and the warmth of this foundation adds to the dewy glow. I am naturally more pink based, and very pale, but this is a really good match for me and warms me up slightly, and makes my dry skin look a bit healthier.

The only downside of this is the lasting power, it claims to be "16 hour" but it really only just lasts the day, even then there's not a lot left, which is why I've only given it 4 lippies. However, it is a soft liquid texture and by nature this just isn't as long lasting, so it's the price we dry skinned girlies need to pay!

Overall, if you have dry skin and want a glowy, dewy, healthy look, this is the best of the bunch, I love it!