Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 12/15/2013 3:16:00 PM

Bought this after seeing rave reviews and wondered if it would be better than my Estée Lauder foundation brush. Started using foundation brushes this year after applying with my fingers and the coverage just wasn't great or as good as it could be. I really like my Estée Lauder brush and it won't be consigned to the bin but if I rush application it can be a bit streaky and I have to go over bits I have missed. I like the finish but wondered if I could improve on the appearance of my foundation, I wanted a more flawless coverage but not cakey. I loathe heavy caked on foundation. The real techniques brushes are reasonably priced and I have one of the shadow brushes which is a wee cracker. Anyway I love this brush. It is small enough to carry about if you are heading away on holiday and I use it for my blusher too. I used it with my ELDW and it was good but not totally blended on my cheeks where I have slightly drier skin but tried it with a mix of Lancôme Teint Idole 14h and ELDW and it was flawless. Honestly, the nicest finish I have ever had. Kept checking it and now 10 hours later my skin still looks perfect. The foundation has been perfectly buffed into my skin and did not need to use as much concealer. Applying foundation is a breeze with this and ensures I don't miss bits of my face. Just stipple on and buff into my skin in a circular motion and I get an even coverage. My one gripe is it takes about a day to dry. Guess I will just have to buy another to keep on standby. Really pleased with my purchase and think it is a great product.
Not scratchy on skin, soft and no shedding. Brush seems fairly resilient but will edit review if it starts to shed. This is the kind of brush I would have adored in my teen years to give an even coverage over my bumpy spots. Absolutely recommend.

on 12/10/2013 1:30:00 PM

I have used this brush with liquid foundation, washed with soap, used again. So far it held up, did a good job and didn't shed at all. Even more expensive brushes shed so I'm pretty happy with the quality and price!

on 12/7/2013 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this for cream blush so I can't comment on how it works with foundation. This is a smaller stippeling brush and it could be a little softer for me, because it can feel scratchy sometimes on my sensitive skin. I use this with Stila CC blushes and it gives such a nice dewy finish and you are able to control the blush placement really well with this stippeling brush because it's not to big. After washing it has lost a hair or two but nothing major, and I would still recommend this brush if you are looking for something to use with your cream blushes and don't like to use your fingers for that.

on 12/7/2013 4:33:00 AM

I'm a makeup artist and was so impressed at how well it applied my graftobian foundations I bought two more :) love the price!

What I love most about real techniques brushes is they are affordable and do not shed at all!! This is the 1st stippling brush I've had that hasn't shed and was the cheapest, don't waste ur money on other brands go straight to these :)

on 11/23/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

best brush everrrrrr... i love its quality, and the price is unbeatable. no more streaky finishes, my skin looks so good. very recommended!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have all the real techniques makeup brushes and i mean all and there worth every cent this stippling brush makes you have a flawless finish! Better then sephora brushes!

on 11/8/2013 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I truly do love this brush. It doesn't work for ALL my foundations but some of them it just works better than my Bionic Buffer Brush from Coastal Scents.

My SFF from mac goes on less cakey and streaky, my Lancome 24H does too. It does not however work with my cream/whipped foundations very well. But I decided not to take a lippy off for that!

Bought this a few months ago but really didn't like it for applying my foundation I put it to the side for a while but then I saw it being used for blush on a makeup tutorial, it's much better to be used with blush than foundation.

on 11/8/2013 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use this brush for applying & blending in cream blushes. I love it, it's the perfect tool. I hated using my fingers to apply cream blush because it would disrupt the makeup under it. This brush doesn't do that. I really want to try to stipple on my foundation next but I love using the Expert Face Brush for that so much I can't even take a day off from it haha. Such a good brush for a great price.

Popular Makeup Brushes