Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 1/17/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Ok. I just bought this and I'm going to brake my rule of reviewing too early. I had just lost my E.L.F. blush brush and heard good things about this and I had a coupon so I picked it up. I do love the softness and I love that I got it for almost half price. I like that I can blend or apply a less streaky blush with this since it covers more area. However, I already have problems picking up product even from only trying this a few times. This brush is way too big. It's the size of my face brush from The Body Shop (which has lasted sooo long btw). If you hit pan, this picks up a ring of product since it's too big to get it focused in the center, unless you really break up your blush and then it's just wasteful. It applies ok, but I did have to run out and get my E.L.F. one agian. I need a smaller area for contouring and for getting more color on. I will keep this for blending and because of the deal I got, but I might not have at full price.

After some more time, this did grow on me more, I do like it to do the apples and to blend, but it was just a bit bigger than I was used to. Idk if I'd get it at full price or just try another line, but I got a good deal so it's all gravy.

on 1/9/2014 8:55:00 AM

Really good, soft brush but I think its a bit too big. It depends on what blush application do you prefer, some do blushes in a very long and wide ''line", but I like more natural look without any ''clubbing" variantons, very harsh contouring, so this brush is OK. I use it and I wont buy another but its because my blush is very hard and I dont get too much product. I really dont recommend using soft blush with this brush, you might overdo it.

on 1/3/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like most of my Real Technique brushes. They are great tools for a good value. However, this particular brush is my least favorite. It just seems huge and the oblong shape of the bristles makes it awkward to apply blush on my face. It is very soft, but I think this is also why it does not pick up much product. Granted, I don't want a ton of product and end up looking clownish. But this brush doesn't give me enough control over where I exactly what the blush to go. I've resorted to using my Elf blush brush, which isn't nearly as soft, but it is easy to pick up product and place it exactly where I need it.

Overall, I really enjoy the rest of my RT brushes. This one just missed the mark for me.

on 1/3/2014 8:34:00 AM

Great for powder blush powders (MAC).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This brush is amazing and can be used for things other than blush! I like using it for contouring. This extremely soft brush also does not shed after washing and keeps in good form. I highly recommend this for everyone, but especially those who are just getting into using blush or if you have a heavy hand.

This brush doesn't pick up a lot of product like other brushes, but it is good as you can easily build up colour (great for people like me who tend to have a heavy hand OR people who use very pigmented products). It's very inexpensive and quite affordable, especially to those who are new to brush using and the high-end prices scare you. You seriously get way more than you bargained for with this! Way worth it.

on 12/12/2013 7:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

There is a lot of hype with regards to Real Techniques brushes and I admit, I think the packaging is quirky and fun. But that's about as far as the hype goes for me. The brush is extremely soft, which might suit some folk as the softness has a luxurious feel, but not me, unfortunately. For me it is less than useless as it picks up almost no product. You'd be as well not bothering putting any blusher on at all, truth be told. I'm not mad on the RT brushes, I think there are better options on the market.

on 12/9/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love that it's soft and doesn't shed. Not to mention it is very affordable. You get more than you pay for.

on 12/7/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the few items I can give 5 lippies, the RT blush brush is soft and looks like a floppy bunny tale. This brush works great with pigmented blushes but even greater with bronzer so I made this my bronzer brush. I use this with Benefit Hoola and it gives a gorgeous finish, and you can even use the tip of the brush for light everyday contouring of the cheekbones. I can absolutly recommend this brush and I would buy a new one right away if I lost it. I own it for a couple of months now and wash it regurlary with a gentle baby shampoo and it does not shed en keeps in shape.

on 12/6/2013 1:29:00 AM

I bought this brush after seeing the positive reviews online, an wanting to expand my brush collection a bit more.

The bristles are soft and mid-density. I enjoy the dome shape of the brush.

Currently I use this brush more for contouring than blush. I find that the bristles do not pick up too much product, and the shape fits in perfectly under my cheekbone. It gives a really nice applicaton (especially for those, like myself, who tend to be heavy handed). Prior to buying this brush I regularly had to re-do my makeup as my contour was atrocious and stripey.

Because it doesn't pick up a lot of product, I generally only use it for day time looks with my blushes.

I would give this a 4.5 if I could. The light application of blush works perfect for my contour (not sure if that is a plus or minus, or both). The brush looks pretty, but the wide base, which does allow you to stand the brush up, makes it difficult to fit the brush into a roll (my preferred brush storage). I am contemplating purchasing a second one so I can have one for daytime blush application and one for contouring.

on 11/6/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best brush I've used for this price. It makes me want to put makeup on every morning!

It picks up and deposits product well. I use CD blush, and when I previously used an ecotools blush brush, I used to think there wasn't much colour pay off but after using this brush, I realised it was because my old brush was "absorbing" the product.

Cleaning is a breeze too. I use makeup oil to remove all product and because the bristles are synthetic, you can rinse with water, wash with gentle cleanser, and it dries really quickly!

I would like to try other products in this range. I had used the brush for liquid foundation but that was disappointing. This is amazing!

Popular Makeup Brushes