October 21, 2014 | 1619 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Mellaaayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great quality for a great price, what else does a makeup lover want? Great for cream and powder blushes, you can even use it as a powder brush. The way it's shaped is just awesome. It hugs the curves of your face, the bristles are soft, and cute packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

The best blush brush I have ever owned. Gives the right amount of pigment onto cheeks. Soft as heck. It is also pretty to. A must have for a brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

My favorite blush brush! It's is so inexpensive and the quality is great. They are so easy to clean, after washing it multiple times the bristles remain intact and I have yet to see it shed. The quality of this brush is superb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

I didn't get this brush for Blush. I got it for applying powder foundation. I really stand by This Real Techniques brush and here is why:

I Prefer powder foundation because of my oily skin. I prefer to sweep powder on in even downward strokes rather than Buff foundation in. I found with my skin the Buffing action really irritates my sensitive skin and cause me to break out from exfoliation from the brush fibers.

I think regardless of the inexpensive price (which is fantastic) This brush's shape, ability to provide even coverage, and quality even as a synthetic fiber, is honestly unmatched by many of the brushes I have tried. It exceeds my expectations.

Shu uemura 18R brush is the prefect shape for applying even powder foundation all over my face. And I am Really into natural hair brushes, but since I picked up Hakuhodo for my self over christmas, I found the 18r to be well... scratchy, I have rather sensitive skin. At the time, I hadn't found a brush that worked as well. I picked up at Haku 109 which looked online to be the same, but once in person and washed, oh dear god no, not the same at all. 109 is a GREAT brush, stupid soft, but better for applying a finishing powder rather than evenly applying a powder foundation (in my opinion).

I then found someone to swap with me and I picked up the Shu 18 in Black not red. A little softer. I think the red dye really dries out the brush. But still not the kind of comfort I was looking for on my baby skin, but much more comfortable that the 18Red.

So recently at ulta, I gave into getting the Real techniques Blush brush, because it is the same shape. Not the biggest fan of synthetics honestly... but I have rather liked the few brushes I have from the Real Techniques line so I thought I would give it a try. Honestly my impression, I am amazed. It's far more comfortable on my skin than the Shu, WAY less expensive, and I got the exact application I was looking for. It gives me the same finish as my Shu 18r but with out the discomfort. I strong recommend this brush for someone looking for a similar application.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I have two of these brushes and use them for blush and mineral powder application. I love them. I prefer them over any other face brushes I own, including MAC and Sigma brushes. They have a good thickness and texture to them and do not shed. And then, of course, there is the price. They are absolutely a great value for the money. Inexpensive and good. I admit that I love my MAC eye brushes and prefer them over any others but this particular brush from Real Techniques is just wonderful. Plus I feel I get to help support one of my favorite you tube beauty gurus (if you haven't watched the Pixiwoo sisters - you must)! Highest recommendation for this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Real Techniques brushes are decent brushes. I own almost all of them, and like them a lot. Some are not so great (ex. powder brush, which is too scratchy IMO), but this blush baby is worth its weigh in gold. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by zatanna333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having heard so many raves about the RT product line, and needing a new blush brush, I decided to go for this one.

To reiterate others, it is indeed very soft and has held up well, with minimal shedding. It is slightly bulky, but I have not found it to be overly so. More annoying in terms of storage, but not difficult to use.

I am not a 'blush person' per se, so the fact that does not pick up tons of product works for me, way more than other blush brushes I have used. I normally go for a swirly, finishing flush, and this brush is just tapered enough to accomplish that feat. I especially like that it's easy to accomplish simple blush for a quick, work appropriate look.

Having been slightly flummoxed by decent blush application in the past, I can appreciate this as a relatively idiot-proof brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Real techniques brushes are synthetic and ridiculously soft!!! I personally don't find myself using this brush as often as I would like. I actually use it to blend my bronZer and blush together. I find that it's too soft to pick up blush color and too soft to strongly contour my face. For these reasons, I would not repurchase this particular brush but Sam chapman's other brushes are amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

I have a love and hate relationship with this brush. It is soft and gentle, but I don't really know if I prefer it over other brushes for blush. Maybe it's only my thing, but I prefer a smaller brush that picks up a certain amount of product and that requires manual blending, rather than a domed brush that does the work for me. Overall is a good product, I think it comes down to a matter of personal choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- no shedding
- reasonably price
- no bleeding with washing
- super soft
- multi purpose

Cons:
- difficult to find
- i think it is too big for blush which is what it was design for

Finally mange to get my hands on one of these brushes since Canada Wal-mart is only stocking the kits and they do not have individual brushes. The brush is super soft and it feels like a babies' bottom on my face. I use this for bronzer since it is super fluffy and soft and applies like a dream with no blotches and it does not apply a harsh like.