April 20, 2014 | 871 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was on sale pretty cheap on hautelook so I decided to give it a look on here, amazon and fragrantica. Well I was hooked of course by the reviews. Lasts 200 hours? Beastly sillage? Check! Fragrances dissolve on me like loves baby soft. And the notes sounded intriguing and to my liking. So I went to the mall and tried some generous spritzes immediately. My first impression was kinda ambivalent. Bunks the 'love it or hate it' theory. I kinda forgot about it. Then, it was the next day, and I smelled the residuals on my jacket. Well I ripped the fuzzy hood liner off that baby and snapped it to my neck so I could bask in the heavenly sluice all day. Dark yet sweet divine vanilla-y patchouli. It did not arrive in the mail soon enough... I was literally checking the tracking every hour so I could go home and get it immediately when it arrived. Oh.. And those sweet top notes? I'm now hooked on those, as well. Look out, skeptics, this scent will grow on you like a fungus. Yes, there is a faint dirty body odor thing going which is called patchouli. Remember, hippies wore it, and they smelled 'dirty'? That was patchouli. It's earthy and not for the faint hearted. Yet, it's sweet too! Confusion, on line one! This is a heavy, heady scent that is complex and should be worn with confidence. This is no shrinking violet. It's so me. My other favorite scent is shalimar if that says anything about my taste which I don't think does. Sorry, people around me who can smell this (and the sillage is nowhere near as scary ON ME than I was looking forward to), but this is my dark angel. The bottle should be a black boudoir job from the 20s. Try but don't write it off right away. It may have you coming back. On to the hair spritz and deodorant!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Angel's scent is crisp, clean, and fresh. There really are no other words to describe this delicate scent. I have worn this scent for several years and it is an all time favorite in my perfume collection. Depending on where you buy it, it costs around $59.00 at most stores (macys , nordstroms, target, etc.)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sha2702

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first person who used this parfume is actually my (ex)boyfriend..The scent is so sweet and long-lasting and i liked it so much..The packaging is great.. Unfortunately, the price is too high (US$70 in my country)..

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend had a deoderant from this line and I remember it smelling divine - it was very very sweet. I recently got a vial sample from Sephora and wore it thinking it would be that sweet candylike smell I remember it being but NO it smells like a man? It smells like some incense from a Buddhist temple, which isn't what I'd want to smell like ideally.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by LostDesertGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful fragrance.
I have a sort of amusing story about this one. I was going through some samples, because I am about to embark on a mission trip to El Salvador, and instead of taking a few regular sized bottles of perfume with me, I wanted to just take a few samples instead. I found some of my samples and I had a nice sized sample of this fragrance. I had never tried it before. I tried out a drop of it, WHICH BTW, is enough ladies, to last 24 hours!!!! or MORE! so those of you that don't like it, you're probably using too much!!!
It is now one of, if not my new fav!
I am off to purchase the largest bottle right away.
Trying to figure out if the 3.4 oz bottle is a spray bottle or not. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MedusaSant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a separate Alley for Perfumes, because no one perfume will mix well with EVERYONE. This isn't the perfumes fault, its simply that ones chemistry does not mix well with the scent.
Angel is AMAZING (on me) I have been wearing it every fall, winter and spring for 15 years now and have only ever had compliments from people. I get random strangers asking me what it is that I'm wearing because they LOVE the scent (sometimes its just plain creepy.)
I guess I have a chemistry that compliments the perfume :) Personally, I find it too cloying in the summer months, its like a cashmere blanket for the nose.

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT use more than 1 (one) squirt of this! It is VERY potent and overwhelming straight out of the bottle, I usually put it on after moisturizing and before I do my makeup. This gives it time to settle and mellow out a little and prevents me from being "that chick with too much perfume on". I squirt it onto the top of one wrist and quickly press it to my other wrist and then either dab it on my sides, legs or shoulders/neck. No need to rub, just press the damp wrists to other parts of your body and you'll have a nice distribution of the scent.
Give it time, but if it smells too chemically, BOish or just plain funky on you, pass it on to someone else.
Its well worth the hefty price (for me) and if I could work it into the summer months it would be my "signature scent".

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGhostX3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this perfume! I really dislike negative reviews on perfumes, because like so many people have said, perfumes turn out differently on everyone. That's not anyone's fault, but we shouldn't hurt the perfume's poor feelings because of that. :(. Anyway, yeah I love this so much! (And alien.) I can smell the chocolate well in this when I spray it. It honestly is a bit overwhelming the first time you smell it, but if you give it a chance, it's great. I can spray this and still smell it on my wrist the next day. That's what I love most about Thierry Mugler perfumes. They really are worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Silvertip

I don't own this perfume, and I'm glad I don't. All I smell is grass and milk, unfortunatly. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jeffthebarbarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I'm going to say a few things before I start the review.
One, I have never smelled this fragrance on anybody else before. I live in the South. Ladies like their perfumes here, so I am kinda suprised that I haven't smelled it before. They don't even carry it at our department stores.
Two, everybody's body chemistry is different. My own body chemistry usually negates sweetness, amplifies florals, and fixates on herbal notes.
So I tried this perfume when I was out of town. I spritzed it on a card and walked around with it. On the card, all I could smell was chocolate and spice. I was dubious about trying it on my skin from the card.
So I forgot the card in my car overnight.
I got up, and spritzed on some Victoria's Secret Noir Tease, and headed for work. On the way to work, I was smelling something that was different than Noir Tease, and I thought maybe my body was was mixing with Tease. It smelled really good. I had forgotten about the card.
When I left work 8 hours later the Noir Tease scent was all gone, but when I got in my car that wonderful smell had remained...and it was the card!
Next time I went out of town, I tried Angel on my skin. And it was heavenly on me!
On me it is not sweet, it is a lovely blend of chocolate, patchouli, and incense. I have cool skin which does not promote massive sillage or longevity, but I can still smell this hours and hours later.
My boyfriend LOVES this smell.
I was afraid that it was too overpowering, and since I have bought this, I have asked all my coworkers their opinion. I have gotten all positive feedbacks, so I would say that this HAS to work with your body chemistry.
I use a really light hand in applying this. I don't spritz. I transfer some to a roller ball, and apply a dot to each wrist or behind each ear.
I like to apply to my neck when I go to sleep, because when I get up in the morning and remove the covers, the smell hits me. It's a great way to wake up!
Yes, it's expensive, but if you only need a dab for the entire day, then that tiny bottle that is 60-70 dollars should last for a LONG time!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is your nose: [sniff, sniff]

This is your nose on Angel: “Raid?!” [Ka-BOOM!]