Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

My all time favorite winter fragrance. Beautiful, warm, a bit spicy, a bit peppery and woodsy. Alluring and mysterious. Too heavy in the summertime but in the wintertime, a soft spray and out the door I go with the fragrance lasting all day long.

on 6/28/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This perfume has been haunting me for about ten years. In high school, a friend brought in a small star and gave me a couple of squirts and I could smell the scent on my uniform for days after and even after a couple of spins in the washing machine!

I didn't have my own little bottle until I was eighteen and even then it is so expensive, it took me a while to save up! The good thing is you don't need much at all in order to smell the scent. I was fine with one or squirts and that would see me through the day. Because the perfume is so concentrated, I hardly use any and that bottle lasted me well over a year (despite it only being 15ml or something).

I then went without Angel for three years or so until there was offer at Boots and I could 't resist. I went for a bigger bottle at about £50 (on offer) and treasure it! Angel tends to make an appearance on special occasions only though (as I have some other cheaper perfumes for daywear). I have also discovered you can get a refill for a dirt cheap price too, so I made sure my new bottle was a refill one and when it's empty, it is refillable at the 'source' ;)

The smell is quite distinct and I know for a fact some of my friends really dislike it. I guess it's either a love it or hate it perfume, but I was definitely a big fan and I am still in love with it now. I have since converted my mum, sister and grandma :)

Beautiful perfume, not so beautiful price though! :P

on 6/28/2013 9:33:00 AM

yesterday I was shopping for groceries when a woman near me picked up 3 large boxes of premade pizzas. The smell wafted from her to my nose and I just literally stopped what I was doing to be overtaken with such a delightful fragrance. At first I thought wow she must be wearing Avon's Skin so Soft bec it had a soft warm woodsy smell but it still had some spice some vanilla to my nose yet it had some resinous note but it was barely noticeable yet such a lovely delight to my nose. I walked closer to this woman and told her how lovely and delightful she smelled and asked if by chance she was wearing skin so soft or had used it while showering this morning and said how delightful and mysterious she smelled and also said how expensive her perfume notes my nose were capturing not to insult her should it not be skin so soft. Now I love skin so soft and ran out some time ago and have been wanting this again. She was very approachable and said I love skin so soft also but I am wearing Angel by Mugler. I was shocked and had never worn Angel bec of all of the negative feedback on it. However I am on my way out the door to find Angel and will pick up a bottle of it bec this perfume has just made me want it so bad. Hope it smells as good on me as her bec this was a golden moment.

on 6/27/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A friend recently brought be a Thierry Mugler Alien gift set and it that gift set I got some samples of Womanity and Angel. I just can't stand Theirry Mugler scents at all!
This is a very strong, long lasting, super super super sweet and generic scent.

on 6/21/2013 1:30:00 AM

Nope:(. A very unusual smell that I do nottt like.

on 6/15/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is just one of those fragrances that is hard to pin down.

The first time that I smelled it, I absolutely hated it. I was told that Angel was a gourmand, but all I smelled was super strong patchouli on my wrists. And do I mean super strong. I didn't get a single whiff of the vanilla, caramel, or chocolate notes.

Hours later, it began to change. It became sweet, but not cloyingly so. And then I loved it.

I tested it for a week before I finally bought a bottle. I still don't know how to describe to people, but now I understand why it is either loved or hated it with no between.

on 6/10/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

GROSS! so overpowering and strong EW! gives me a headache

on 6/9/2013 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate this fragrance, for all the reasons others here have described including its massive migraine-inducing power. I've also always been dismayed by the mismatch between the packaging/name and the actual juice - angels, stars, and light blue bring to mind light florals, something powdery, maybe aquatic, overall an ethereal effect, not an effect of a dorm bathroom before a big night out where all the drunk girls have over-sprayed their "sexiest" perfumes.

on 6/9/2013 7:24:00 AM

A disgustingly overpriced fragrance. Ugh. Whoever curates the houses fragrances really needs to stop, flip it and reverse it because these notes are crazy. Cotton candy? Coconut? Peach? Chocolate? Caramel? Need I say more. It would be alright if they worked together but they don't. There is something very sparse, very disconnected that just doesn't work. It is sweet but woody, spicy yet grassy, and has some floral notes chucked in for good measure. Save your money and go to a $2 shop, i'm sure they'll have something that smells bearable for a hundredth of the price.

on 5/25/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

AWFUL. I had a sample that I spritzed on my wrist. It smelled so obnoxious and gross that I spent five minutes scrubbing that wrist raw to get the smell off. Stay away from this scent!

Popular Fragrances