MAC Matte - Plumage

4.3

on 12/6/2006 6:39:00 PM

This color is not for the faint of heart. I like e/s's that have a lot of pigment and are intense, but can easily be used as a liner. This is mainly because I only wear e/s when I am going out at night. Plumage is an intense, deep, blue-greenish-black that is gorgeous with deep brown eyes. Smoldering, sultry, sexy stuff. I wear it as an eyeliner more often than as a shadow, but it looks great either way. It's a great alternative to black, which can be very predictable. I'm glad I have this in my arsenal.

on 9/8/2006 12:29:00 AM

I think everyone should try to be a little more creative when it comes to this eyeshadow. It is SUCH a beautiful color!!! And you can do SO much with it! It just doesn't seem that way because it isn't a common color, yes it's great to line and wear in the crease but it is also GREAT to use for a smokey eye, and it goes well with so many colors, I love it with Amber Lights, Tempting, Steamy, Retrospeck, Club, and with Black Tied. Really a beautiful color!

on 3/27/2006 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

NC45: I love plumage and will repurchase if I ever ran out. I switch between this and shadowy lady for my daily crease colors. This goes with just about everything. I have no problem w/ the texture since I pretty much only use it as a crease color with MAC brush #217 to blend for that air brushed look.

on 11/10/2005 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Very deep, very dark, very classy, bluish-green matte eyeshadow. It is so elegant as a liner or/and on the crease, and pairs well with neutral beiges to browns.

on 10/18/2005 11:00:00 AM

"Plumage" is a deep, smoky midnight teal. It is fab for a smoky eye look, as a liner or blended with other colors (the texture is better than some of the other MAC shadows and makes this last thing easy enough). It also looks really glam and rich when you trace a glitter liner over it (I use Caboodles' "Wow!" which is a mix of blue, green, purple and bronze glitter). It is very similar to NARS "Thunderball" single (which I've coveted for quite a long time but, when I got this, was at last able to take off my wishlist). It also reminds me of my Stila All Over Shimmer Eyes #13, except that the Stila is more intensely pigmented and has turquoise-y tones. The price for a pan ($13) ain't cheap, but it's actually sorta reasonable when you take into account what NARS charges for a single (over $20!). This comes pre-labeled, magnetized and ready to be popped into a palette. I would repurchase this color as I foresee it being quite useful.

on 8/26/2005 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The MA suggested that I wear this paired with: Shroom to highlight, Steamy on the lids, D'Bohemia on the crease, and this shade (Plumage - a deep, matte teal) in the corners of the eyes using the #219. It's a really beautiful shade and looks cool when paired with Steamy. A lot of folks here use this to line. One lippie off because i don't know what else to do with the eyeshadow, but I'm sure I'll figure something out one of these days. BE 1.2/NC30/Asian/Yellow skintone/brown eyes.

on 8/15/2005 2:42:00 AM

I recieved this e/s as an RAOK awhile back from another lovely MUAer and I regret not trying it earlier. I think this e/s is underrated. It is perfect for those girls who feel naked without applying black eyeliner to complete their MU looks. This is a darkened teal green color... almost black, but not quite! There's a hint of blue in the dark color which gives me a softer look then my usual black. I wore this as a bottom eye liner with Metamorph Meadowland, and Parrot and it went so perfect together!

on 3/12/2005 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this e/s, let me say it again - I love this e/s. It is a blackened teal that looks super with brown eyes. I love to use this for a smokey eye, that is much more interesting that straight up black. It is super pigmented. My favorite look is Nylon as a wash, Aquadisiac in the crease, Plumage in outer V. Make sure to get this if you have dark brown eyes.

on 2/19/2005 8:56:00 PM

I was scared by this color at first-it seems really dark. But then I played with it as a smokey eye type and loved it. Also I found it to be good for lining. It looked fantastic with the lightest color from my re:orient bamboo blossom palette

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color. It is a blackened teal and its a great alternative to black or grey. Perfect for a smoky eye. It blends well and stays on forever.

Top Rated MAC Products