August 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Lorysreview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is too harsh and drying for the face. My friend has oily skin acne-prone, and it made her break out more. I have dry skin and it dried like hell. I ended up using it as a body exfoliant in the shower, every once in a while. I dont think vodka which is an ingredient in it, should be put on the skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ChrissyD1985

I went into lush looking for a sugar scrub but their sugar scrub smells awful so the sales girl showed me this. I really enjoyed the smell and when she said it could be used for your face my eyes lit up. I've been looking for a good facial exfoliator plus my skin has been breaking out lately so I was desperate for anything that would help. she demonstrated it to me on my arm and I really liked it but told her I would buy it mainly for my face and I was hesitant to buy it because my skin is sensitive (and this stuff isn't cheap!) she gave me a sample so I could try it at home. I just tried it tonight and wow, what a difference right away! Immediately you can tell that my skin is much smoother and softer plus it leaves you with this wonderful glow. And I only used a tiny bit, a little goes a long way with this stuff. I'm definitely going back and buying the full size and plan to only use it only on my face. I feel like for your body it's too expensive and you would go through it too fast when you can just make a homemade one for super cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

I read tons of reviews about this before getting it, and not one was negative so I thought why not? And they definitely all spoke the truth!!! I found this to be a great exfoliant, the salt granules really do the trick! It smells divine, I wouldn't describe it as a seaside smell like lush do, more like lemon and lime but amazing all the same. My one complaint is that when in the shower with soaking wet hands, I struggle to open the lid, and scooping it out can be a challenge too!!! Overall, however, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl23

I received this as a sample cause I had a hand treatment done with this and ro' s argan. I used it for my face and I love the afterglow. It was that time of month and a huge painful hormonal zit was popping up and after a few days of scrubbing my face twice daily with it it is starting to shrink. A lifesaver if you have a hot date the next week ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Another product I really wanted to like. Smells super fresh and clean, but I feel it's a bit too creamy to be that great of a scrub. I used it on my body and found that it didn't do that great of a job...my homemade grapeseed & sugar scrub works much better than this stuff I found. So I started using it for my face and now I'm in the middle of one of the worst breakouts I've had in months! I got this in my beach box so it was just a small sampling, but I won't be buying this sad to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ericatomars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Ocean Salt from LUSH! My girlfriend and I use it everyday without any problem. And the little jar does last if your using it right.

First of all the smell is amazing. And the course salt helps you get right in there. Take a few minutes to work it in and you feel so so so refreshed. I use it on my hands and face. I think its amazing.

I love packaging. Its recycled material and if you bring 5 empty black pots back you get a free fresh face mask. :) I love the LUSH products as well as what they stand for and how they are trying to help the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by xxroyale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love LOVE this stuff! First of all it smells amaaaaaaazing-- like a margarita. It is a really great exfoliator although I wouldn't use it daily b/c it might be a little too harsh. It made my skin super soft and brighter. You do have to mix it up after you just get it, btw. One plus is that it has vodka in it which helps for acne. Another is that you can use it on your face and your body. I really like this stuff and I like so many of Lush's products and this one is one of my faves :) The only thing is that it is kind of pricey- just another reason to not use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by francesxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the beach box which featured the ocean salt scrub. I'm not usually the one to use facial scrubs because I have sensitive skin and they break me out if too harsh. After using the scrub, I can see an immediate improvement in my skin. It's so much softer and an overall refreshed, clean feel. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

alrighty, so i have oily skin and while i don't/wouldn't use this as a daily exfoliator, i do love to use it two or three times a week to give me nice fresh skin!

PROS
not super drying, but also doesn't make me greasy.
tightens my pores significantly!
cuts through the grease and build-up.
it does exfoliate gently (good for dry skin or combination).
gives an overall fresh feeling!
love to use this as a five minute mask before big events, makes the skin look and feel soooo good!
doesn't irritate my skin (it might be different if you have really sensitive skin)

CONS
pretty expensive... about $35 for the 8.8 oz size, and $21 for the 4 oz size.
if you are looking for a daily exfoliator, i believe you could buy other things that are more effective and more gentle (daily exfoliation is a tricky thing, but it can be done!)
i don't really like the packaging, although i couldn't think of any better way to package it so I guess thats as good as its going to get.

OVERALL
I do really love this product and will repurchase... it's a great pick me up! And the way i use it my jar should last a pretty long time! 4 lippies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok so it's a little pricy, but it's amazing! No matter what state my temperamental skin is in, this can rescue me and bring back a normal healthy complexion, and that's a lot to ask from a scrub. I also use this in the shower before shaving my legs and to brighten my underarms and it works like a charm. My boyfriend also uses it before shaving and he loves it. and my sister got really dry, bumpy, discolored skin after she had a baby. Nothing was helping, and then she tried this and BAM, suddenly perfect skin!! Some people say this is harsh or too scrubby, but if you stir it well enough and use plenty of warm water, it's actually really gentle and super moisturising :)