April 16, 2014 | 922 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by zzyan09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took this product because I desperately need a facial scrub because Mask of Magnaminty wasn't always available in my place. This was definitely pricier, but it was worth every cent. I have terrible acne, but it subsides when I apply it. Because it's expensive, I try to limit my use to once a week, but I think the effects will be better if used daily.

I use it after I shower before I sleep. If you have acne or sensitive skin, DO NOT RUB IT ON YOUR FACE, JUST APPLY. The large salt granules can worsen it. Then I let it sit for at least 20 minutes and rinse in flowing water. You can use it on your legs and back too.

It leaves my skin soft and lessens the redness of my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I use this on my face and back. And it works good. Smell like the sea, and stings the skin just like it. Dries my skin out but noting a little lotion can't fix. I get for the uk were its cheaper. But if I had to pay 30 bucks for it I wouldn't buy it. Soap and glory flake away is a good alternative

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by caligal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a disappointment.

I tried this as a splurge because I was in the LUSH store and out of my usual scrubs.

I'll skip the obvious things everyone has said and mention my major disappointment. My skin didn't glow or look radiant after I used it. Crud.

My skin is sensitive to perfumes but tough with scrubs and peels. I was going to save it for my face but I put it in the shower to use on my decollete and shoulders for the spring and summer so I'll use it up more quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by fassbendergal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used to hate it, now I love it! I received this as a gift and originally I used it on my face, shoulders and arms mainly to preserve it's contents because I felt like using it all over would waste too much and it's not exactly dirt cheap! Well anyways that was a big mistake!! I broke out all over my shoulders and face and when I got out of the shower I could feel this icky residue all over my skin.. gross. However, my arms felt so great, soft, and beachy smelling. Ironically I now use it on my legs and arms and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I think the number of reviews alone on this product are a testament to the cult status and recognition it has received.

I absolutely love this products and find that any negative point can be outweighed by the benefit to the skin.

Firstly, the price is steep with even the smaller pot retailing above the $22.95 mark - the larger pot retailing for $34.95 CDN I believe...

The scent is fresh, salty and as the product does contain a small amount of vodka, it does have margarita type smell. With two kinds of sea salt and natural oils, this scrub has lots of good-for-you ingredients.

Once purchased you simply open the pot, stir the ingredients together and away you go. It is simply divine for exfoliating the skin and leaves my face feeling fresh, clean and detoxed. I have also used this scrub prior to shaving my legs and as a foot treatment - both of which I find work extremely well.

The downside is that it does have a salty taste if you get it on your lips in the shower, which will happen, lol. I also find that you have to be careful to remove the product around the hairline as well. I recommend a warm washcloth to remove.

I am not always a huge fan of potted products like this for the bath as you can often get excess water from the shower in there, have to use your fingers to apply and if not stored properly could dry up. Very small annoyances but not enough for me to dislike the product itself.

Overall, a great product but I would be hesitant to use every day as it could be irritating to the skin.

Definitely will be repurchasing from Lush. It is also of value to note that the ocean salt scrub pot is part of the Lush recycling program where you bring in five empty beauty pots and receive a fresh face mask! Fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

I love this. YES I DO!

Firstly, a lot of people say this is very grainy or the pieces are sharp and abrasive. Now the sales assistant said something very specific... "It depends on how you rub it into the skin". I completely agree with this. If you rub this violently in you're skin like its a scrub, you will go red no doubt and maybe get sore. If you rub this in gentle circular motions you'll get baby soft skin. I use this around once a week and its amazing, my face looks and feels very fresh. I really recommend it....just scrub GENTLY. :)

I may add that only a few products break me out badly....this doesn't, however on VERY sensitive skin...it could be tricky. Test is on the back of your hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF! This is the best exfoliator I've ever used. It leaves my face so soft, smooth, and feeling fresh. It smells very citrusy. Of course, you should never use this stuff everyday just like any other exfoliator. And no, it did not burn my face at all. Remember to mix the ocean salt before using it for the first time. And use moisturizer after using this product. If you want to try it out before buying it, just go to your local Lush store and ask them for a small sample and they'll be more than happy to give you some.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MakesusGirls

I tried out this product inside the Lush store on my hands. I loved the way it made my hands feel soo soft! I loved that since its handmade it doesnt have factory made perfect small size beads. The sea salt grains are soo much bigger that little effort is required by my sponge, scrub does all the work! It is ideal for elbows, knees, and feet. Also, It has the power of 16 lemons (according to lush associate) great for achieving an even skin tone. Now that I mention Lemons. I would be careful to use it after shaving or if you have any cuts, It will sting! I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

Im new to the Lush brand but this was the 1st thing on my list and Im glad i got it,1st off when u get this and open it u have to mix it because it has big grains of salt on the very top,I Like to use this on my face rather than on my body i feels that it makes a diff on my face ;) To me it smells like a margarita ,a little goes a long way and leaves my skin glowing!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by happyasthesun

I used this exfoliator exclusively in the shower, for my body. I have KP, and also some darkness in my armpits (ewww!) that I like to exfoliate to keep bright.

Ocean Salt has a great scent - very fresh, citrusy, and almost sterile-level clean - and a really pretty baby blue color when mixed. Which brings me to my first point: You MUST mix this before use, with your finger or a popsicle stick or whatever other device you use to mix things together, because the way you buy it all of the coarse, tough sea salt is concentrated right in the middle. I STRONGLY advise you to mix the whole solution thoroughly otherwise it will be super rough.

I liked that the exfoliator dissolved in the water and then the Ocean Salt rinsed off cleanly--no annoyng granules sticking around. It helped with the KP on my arms and when used consistently, it did work to keep my underarms bright. I also found that if I had any pimples on my body, rubbing Ocean Salt over the areas would really get rid of the spots quickly. Because I really only used it on my upper arm areas, it lasted me a good long while.

One gripe I have is the packaging. While I love it, I did have to take off a point because if you open it in the shower with the water running, eventually water gets in and then over time the accumulation of the water results in the exfoliating granules dissolving and the solution becoming so thin and runny that it's pretty much a tub of body wash. I wasn't too pleased with that, but I think if the buyer bewares then they can prevent this (opening it only in dry areas, outside of the shower, etc.)

While it did work, it is seriously way too pricey for the amount you get and what it is. I would suggest trying it out if you have $21.95 burning a hole in your pocket and you're curious about it, go ahead and try it out. Note that it is not paraben free or alcohol free.

PURCHASE BECAUSE:
- You're looking for a simple, fresh exfoliator
- You like a squeaky clean feeling

SKIP BECAUSE:
- Overly pricey for what it is
- Need to be super careful about storage