July 29, 2014 | 2083 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl23

I received this as a sample cause I had a hand treatment done with this and ro' s argan. I used it for my face and I love the afterglow. It was that time of month and a huge painful hormonal zit was popping up and after a few days of scrubbing my face twice daily with it it is starting to shrink. A lifesaver if you have a hot date the next week ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Another product I really wanted to like. Smells super fresh and clean, but I feel it's a bit too creamy to be that great of a scrub. I used it on my body and found that it didn't do that great of a job...my homemade grapeseed & sugar scrub works much better than this stuff I found. So I started using it for my face and now I'm in the middle of one of the worst breakouts I've had in months! I got this in my beach box so it was just a small sampling, but I won't be buying this sad to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ericatomars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Ocean Salt from LUSH! My girlfriend and I use it everyday without any problem. And the little jar does last if your using it right.

First of all the smell is amazing. And the course salt helps you get right in there. Take a few minutes to work it in and you feel so so so refreshed. I use it on my hands and face. I think its amazing.

I love packaging. Its recycled material and if you bring 5 empty black pots back you get a free fresh face mask. :) I love the LUSH products as well as what they stand for and how they are trying to help the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by xxroyale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love LOVE this stuff! First of all it smells amaaaaaaazing-- like a margarita. It is a really great exfoliator although I wouldn't use it daily b/c it might be a little too harsh. It made my skin super soft and brighter. You do have to mix it up after you just get it, btw. One plus is that it has vodka in it which helps for acne. Another is that you can use it on your face and your body. I really like this stuff and I like so many of Lush's products and this one is one of my faves :) The only thing is that it is kind of pricey- just another reason to not use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by francesxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the beach box which featured the ocean salt scrub. I'm not usually the one to use facial scrubs because I have sensitive skin and they break me out if too harsh. After using the scrub, I can see an immediate improvement in my skin. It's so much softer and an overall refreshed, clean feel. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

alrighty, so i have oily skin and while i don't/wouldn't use this as a daily exfoliator, i do love to use it two or three times a week to give me nice fresh skin!

PROS
not super drying, but also doesn't make me greasy.
tightens my pores significantly!
cuts through the grease and build-up.
it does exfoliate gently (good for dry skin or combination).
gives an overall fresh feeling!
love to use this as a five minute mask before big events, makes the skin look and feel soooo good!
doesn't irritate my skin (it might be different if you have really sensitive skin)

CONS
pretty expensive... about $35 for the 8.8 oz size, and $21 for the 4 oz size.
if you are looking for a daily exfoliator, i believe you could buy other things that are more effective and more gentle (daily exfoliation is a tricky thing, but it can be done!)
i don't really like the packaging, although i couldn't think of any better way to package it so I guess thats as good as its going to get.

OVERALL
I do really love this product and will repurchase... it's a great pick me up! And the way i use it my jar should last a pretty long time! 4 lippies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok so it's a little pricy, but it's amazing! No matter what state my temperamental skin is in, this can rescue me and bring back a normal healthy complexion, and that's a lot to ask from a scrub. I also use this in the shower before shaving my legs and to brighten my underarms and it works like a charm. My boyfriend also uses it before shaving and he loves it. and my sister got really dry, bumpy, discolored skin after she had a baby. Nothing was helping, and then she tried this and BAM, suddenly perfect skin!! Some people say this is harsh or too scrubby, but if you stir it well enough and use plenty of warm water, it's actually really gentle and super moisturising :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LindaMei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To start off, I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combination skin. I'd recommend this product to anyone seeking a new face and body exfoliator.

This product is available in two sizes - 4.2 fl. oz. for $21.95 and 8.8 fl. oz. for $35.95. I've found the 8.8 fl. oz. tub lasting anywhere between nine months to a year. This product has a relatively strong citrus scent, but I haven't found it to be a problem for my sensitive skin. Since the product comes in a tub, it's relatively easy to scoop the desired amount. Prior to using this, it's important to mix the contents with either clean fingers or a popsicle stick in order to evenly disperse the salt granules. If you have sensitive skin like myself, I recommend diluting a dime size amount with a small amount of water prior to applying it on your face. I use this product once a week in the shower, and follow up with a toner and moisturizer. Using this product during the colder months has reduced the amount of dry spots on my face, allowing my makeup to go on more smoothly. On the flip side, using this product during the warmer months has brightened my complexion.

I have not experienced breakouts or problematic skin as a result of using this product, and I have gone through two tubs of this product in the past two years. I have no intentions of looking for a new exfoliator after trying this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub! It smells like a margarita beach vacation. It makes my skin feel super soft. It is very expensive, but I feel it is worth it. I use it 1-2 times a week & I have seen improvements in my acne prone skin. It does have vodka in it so it may sting slightly if you have an open blemish or cut. The container will last a long time but I will most likely repurchase as long as I can afford it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by wymjoanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I enjoy scrubs where I get an even amount of exfoliant all around, however for LUSH's Ocean Salt, i get big chunky bits in some areas, and just the butter in other areas.

I also find it too harsh to be used as a face scrub as the bits of sea salt can come in fairly big pieces and the butter too light to use as a body scrub. It's taking me forever to get through the big tub of it because I hardly use it!

I don't like how you have to scoop the product out with your fingers, because water gets into it and make it all icky.

On the upside, I do love the fresh lime and coconut-ty scent!