Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

This zesty concoction will satisfy your thirst for a refreshing cup of ginger and lemon tea, sweetened with honey!
It is as simple as that fresh, balsamic citrus notes of lemon and a hint of lime, the fresh and pungent yet warm spiciness of ginger sweetened with honey and sparkled with green tea undertones. There may be some trace amounts of vetiver and elemi there is a hint of woodiness at the base, but overall this is a one-dimensional synergy with one aroma therapeutic goal: to refresh you while keeping you calm and confident.
It is quite long lasting as well a lot more than you would expect from such a fresh citrus perfume.
It smells very natural and young: no synthetic chemical notes disturbed my enjoyment of this uplifting juice!
If you like ginger and citrus and need a pick-me-up fragrance for those sleepy afternoon at the office that would be a great choice.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Nice stuff, but too obvious by far-- SCREAMS Origins ginger line in a crowded room, not a good thing. IMO, the combination of scrub and cream are all you need, and for some reason the cream has incredible depth on skin when it warms that the fragrance never gets. Skip the perfume, use the spreadable scrub and the lovely melty cream!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My boyfriend bought this for me when he found out Ginger relaxes me :) must have thought I needed it! I do like the combination of Ginger, Lemon & Lime, but the Bergamot might make it a bit too overpowering to wear daily. The Ginger relaxes, and the Lemon/Lime clears your head, but the Bergamot scent seems to overpower the others. It is a lovely scent, but would not repurchase because of the headache the Bergamot gives me. The rollerball is cute though :) and it's nice to know it's a pick-me-up in your purse, for those bad days at work.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this in the roll-on tube because I love love LOVE origins and their ginger line. This scent, however, I just don't care for. It gives you that headache-y feeling, and is wayyyy too strong. if it was much lighter I might like it better. too bad, as I love their ginger soap. will probably return the tube and not buy again.

LOVE this ginger scent! I think it is best for the fall/winter months b/c of the spicyness of it. SO GOOD!! Sexy!

My daughter said, "Ooooh, you smell nice!" ... enough said.

Ginger Essence is a great fragrance for those casual days when you just want to spray on something pleasant and head out the door. I think fans of Eau Dynamisante and other "spa-like" light fragrances would enjoy this one. The ginger is spicy but not too strong, and the citrus gives it some zing.

This scent is right up my alley. The Ginger Souffle and the reviews here were what kind of directed me to the Origins counter. This has a spa like scent - you know, essential oils, natural, woodsy, and just a nice cozy scent. I love how this smells, and even my 3 year old loves to have a spritz or two when I put this on! It just smells good and really lifts my spirits when I wear it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Ginger Essence always reminds me of winter and sitting by a crackling fire sipping hot cider. I think it is too heavy for warm weather and is the perfect cozy fragrance. It manages to be warm and bright at the same time (which is a rare combo). I love Origin fragrances! They are so pure and fresh, I'm a huge fan!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am sensitive to synthetic fragrances and was happy to find this delicious scent that uses natural essential oils. It is an excellent blend of ginger backed by bergamot, lemon and lime. Yummy. This is the only scent my DH acutally likes on me. It is light and not overpowering. When I am in the mood, I layer this with Origin's Gloom-away fragrance.

Popular Fragrances