August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2007 10:03:00 PM More reviews by hcav

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My daughter said, "Ooooh, you smell nice!" ... enough said.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ginger Essence is a great fragrance for those casual days when you just want to spray on something pleasant and head out the door. I think fans of Eau Dynamisante and other "spa-like" light fragrances would enjoy this one. The ginger is spicy but not too strong, and the citrus gives it some zing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 7:19:00 AM More reviews by lemjam

This scent is right up my alley. The Ginger Souffle and the reviews here were what kind of directed me to the Origins counter. This has a spa like scent - you know, essential oils, natural, woodsy, and just a nice cozy scent. I love how this smells, and even my 3 year old loves to have a spritz or two when I put this on! It just smells good and really lifts my spirits when I wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by JELo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ginger Essence always reminds me of winter and sitting by a crackling fire sipping hot cider. I think it is too heavy for warm weather and is the perfect cozy fragrance. It manages to be warm and bright at the same time (which is a rare combo). I love Origin fragrances! They are so pure and fresh, I'm a huge fan!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am sensitive to synthetic fragrances and was happy to find this delicious scent that uses natural essential oils. It is an excellent blend of ginger backed by bergamot, lemon and lime. Yummy. This is the only scent my DH acutally likes on me. It is light and not overpowering. When I am in the mood, I layer this with Origin's Gloom-away fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Krisbee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This perfume is great! It smells just like Philosophy's gingerbread man scrub. I also like Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume because I prefer lighter, more natural fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Xuku

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wish I got the perfume version, but they were out. This is actually my first real scent that I've ever bought. I was really attracted to it, maybe because it smelled slightly like Philosophy's Gingerbread stuff. I remember being very tired coming into the store, but after smelling this scent, I felt more awake. Very lovely :) Fresh and invigorating

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What can I say here that 100 others have not said before me?? Not much, just wanted to add my 2c. I am normally not a dept store fragrance person, not because I am an elitist snob or anything, because most seem to have a chemical musky quality that comes out on my skin after drydown. This stuff is fabulous. I never ever get sick of it. Every time I wear it I know I made the right decision spraying this one on. It's refreshing but not one of those soapy clean fragrances. It has the wonderful zing of the ginger with the interplay of lemon and a tad of sweetness that keeps it from being too harsh and citrusy. In the summertime I wear this constantly. It reminds me of gingerale in perfume form. The DBF wears it too. We have gone through 2 huge bottles of this together since we met. The smell of this on him really drives me crazy. It's not really masculine or feminine, I would say men or women could wear this one. I recently got a gift box of it at the CCO with the perfume, a shimmer body powder and a really wonderful shower gel that also smells fantastic. I have the body souffle as well and it's wonderful to later this scent. HUGE thumbs up for this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wearing this for years, it's a great summer scent. I love the orange and ginger combo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bossanovaville

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this perfume!! I rarely get excited about a scent, but I do with this one! It's sweet, warm, floral, fresh and herbal smelling all at one time. Don't judge the scent straight from the bottle because this is one of those that adapt to your body chemistry, letting the layer that compliments you best come through. I like wearing this in the psring/summer when I want something light and refreshing. Seeing as how I live in Houston where the humidity alone is enough to drive on insane, this works really well here. Yes, I wish it were more potent, but that statement may be revised after I try the stronger one.