November 28, 2014 | 1843 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great tinted moisturizer, PERIOD. It has a cream-gel like quality not totally unlike Moisture Surge (not quite as gel, but a bit more cream.) Initially you may think it has a bit too much coverage, but the secret is in it's application. You can use much less of this than what you maybe used to w/a tinted moisturizer. This is because of the somewhat gel-cream cosistency. A very small amount will move across an entire side of the face because of it's great amount of slip. Add the SPF of 15 and it's an all star product. The ingredients are like a treatment cream as they cater to skins nourishment/protection. The ingredients for it's texture/appearance are of equal quality. There is one caveat: The color selection is limited, particularly in the medium-fair to medium tone. I had to buy two shades to mix equally to get the exact/proper color. I know you're thinking "it's a tinted moisturizer. It should be sheer enough to adapt to varrying skin tones." Well it is and it isn't. Some may akin this more to the foundation side of coverage as opposed to the sheerer side of a tinted moisturizer. It's a hard call. It really is enough moisture to go it alone on bare skin. That would not be the case w/most foundation. It just has this amazing slip/glide to it. This is why you can keep it sheer as so little goes so far. I feel as if I'm repeating my points so I'll just say this is probably one of the most luxurious high end feeling moisture tints I've experinced; not something I usually equate with Clinique. I think it was $22.50 for 1 ounce so it's not inexpensive, but the quality is right up there. I LOVE it. It looks good. It's made to build it's skin benefits through continued daily use as the benfits build day by day. By the time you're done with a one ounce bottle of it you will see a marked improvement in skin hydration/texture/eveness. You just have to be diligent and use it daily and why wouldn't you? It feels good and looks good and wears very long. What more can one ask for???

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Never give 5 stars for a foundation, especially only a tinted moisturizer. I have been using this for 7 days continuously now, I am amazed with the coverage, long lasting, light weight and the good color match with my skin tone perfectly. I used to like matte foundation, but I feel like my skin looks bad after I remove my make up, also dont wanna wear a mask everyday. I have used Revlon colorstay for few years now. Then I moved on to BB cream, try 3 different brands (Missha, Skin 79 and Lioele) but their quality is not good enough, often clog my pores if I wear them for 8 hours a day, and bad Colour match to my skin tone because of the grey cast, also bad oil control.

I first put hydrating serum after I use my toner, then I put moisturizer on, I use La Roche Posay Effaclar M, then after it sinks in then I put on this tinted moisturizer. I sometimes use Sigma F80 brush rather than my fingers.
Then I use concealer then silk powder to set the makeup. I am surprised the oil on my t zone didn't break through until 4-5 hours later, normally I see oil come through after 3 hours when I used the Revlon Colourstay. So I am very Impressed!!! After 8 hours my face still look fresher than other foundations/ bb creams that I've used. I have acne prone and sensitive skin, when I used something wrong such as MAC foundations and BB creams etc... But now I have not noticed any big break out yet, I have now used this for about 10 days. If you are looking for full coverage, this is not for you. But as I said, you should let your skin breath some days, because everyday wear matte foundation is not good for your skin. This tinted foundation has better coverage than most BB creams, the main benefit is it has not clog my pores which means produce less break out in long term. I may do an update if this has break me out, otherwise this is my favorite so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I purchased this tinted moisturiser as an everyday product, just to even out my skin / apply a light layer of foundation type product for work. Ive got fairly dry skin and thought the moisture surge description coupled with it being a tinted moisturiser would help with this - it didn't really though. It wasn't terrible but nowhere near great. Several years ago I bought the "almost makeup" and liked this better than the current incarnation. I used in conjunction with the "stay matte" powder to alleviate the shine but found it gave a funny sort of pinky patchy coverage. I've read in other peoples reviews about the funny pinky colour it seems to bring out and I concur. It's ok and not terrible, more comparabie with revlon/max factor type profducts but with MAC type prices. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mka87

First of all, I am used to my Mac Studio Fix Fluid but will admit it's a bit heavy at times, and definitely something I'm trying to get more out the way of using day to day. I got a sample of this in a magazine and it's actually ok. I'm not the biggest fan of Clinique but this was better than I expected It's a little dry to apply, but the finish is lovely. And very long lasting. That said, it's more of a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer but its oil free and does not give a greasy finish which is lovely. It's expensive at £21 but thats nothing in comparison to the Laura Mercier one. Not bad, but equally, not sure I'd repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Michael65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin, am prone to pimples and black heads. I have tried other expensive brands but got bad reactions straight away. I have never found a foundation that I could wear comfortably and was a good colour match for my skin. Until this Clinique foundation. It is easy to apply, comfortable to wear, great colour match and gives me a dewy finish. I can also make it as sheer or as heavy as I like. Although it comes in a small bottle you only need a very small amount so the product lasts a long time. I will buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Kurobana

I had stopped using this product because it caused breakouts and congested pores and worsened my blackheads. But this alone did not convince me that I ought to write a review.

Every now and again I want to mess around with my make-up. Tonight I wanted to try out some dark eye make-up and a pale lip which, of course, only really works with a polished complexion. So I used some of the tinted moisture surge just to quickly try it out and wouldn't be wearing it long since I was getting in the shower after playing with my make-up.
Well. Of course I didn't want my hands covered in tinted gunk, so I washed it off with water. And then washed it off with soap, twice. And then washed it off with facial cleanser. It wasn't coming off. I tried my Japanese Naive brand cleanser. Nada. Then, finally, I tried CLINIQUE brand make-up remover and not even the very same, expensive brand name make-up remover that takes off everything else I put on my face would satisfactorily get it off. And this is just my hands! My poor pores! Your poor pores, too, if you put this stuff on!

Osusume ja nainda! I DO NOT recommend this! Throw it away or-- better yet-- don't buy it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by bluedog0610

I really wanted this to work out for me. It looks lovely on and does just the right amount of evening of skin tone that I wanted. However, this did make me break out. To make sure, I stopped using it and then tried again when I was all clear. New cyclic acne along the chin within a few days. I am acne prone still, but not like this. I don't recommend if you are similar in tendencies.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by gusanita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was really a disappointment. Since it is called "moisture surge," I expected it to be moisturizing, but it is not at all. If anything I feel like it is drying my skin out. It also has this weird sticky feeling on my skin that is difficult to wash off and is causing breakouts. My skin is kind of pink so the shade matches fine, and it is the amount of coverage I was looking for - pretty natural but covers up a few minor imperfections. I don't have that much time to shop so I am really annoyed that I have to go back to the store to return it. I wish I had gotten a sample to try first.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by bos101

I adore this product, it looks so natural on my skin, and gives me a gorgeous glow. The only downside for me is the shades. I've been using shade 02 for a while, and while it looks good with a bit of fake tan underneath (it kind of calms the colour of the fake tan down for me and blends in to make my skin have a gorgeous healthy looking glow) when i don't wear tan it just looks way too pale, even with bronzer. The 03 shade is too dark for me, so my natural colour is somewhere inbetween the two! Still, the texture is light and beautiful for anyone who already has quite clear skin. I've switched to Liz Earles Skin Tint, for the colour (medium) which is equally as lovely, but a little heavier (more like a light foundation). If you can match your skin to a shade of this i'd highly recommend!!

PS it looks like a small bottle, but I've had mine about 8 months now and i've used it on average 3/4 times a week and it's still going!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by clared

I purchased this after I ran out of my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. Although I liked the Laura Mercier quite a bit, I thought it was hard to apply because of its thick consistency. I always ended up irritating my skin or applying way too much onto my face due to the consistency. The Clinique, on the other hand, is much more thin and I find it so easy to apply. I use my fingers and dab some on my forehead, chin, cheeks, and nose and blend in. I find the coverage to be extremely natural with a slight dewy finish. It makes my skin very soft and the SPF is a great bonus! I've had no trouble with my acne or oily skin while using this moisturizer. In fact, it keeps the oily junk at bay for longer than any other foundation or moisturizer I've used.
Overall, this is definitely my HG. It's perfect! I definitely prefer it over the Laura Mercier because of the consistency, the no-foundation look, and the very natural finish. I will repurchase forever!