MAC Studio Careblend

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 10/9/2011 7:28:00 AM

This is a silky powder which gives medium coverage. I would'nt buy it again as the shade is very yellow on my NW10 skin. I can use it lightly but any heavier and I look jaundised. I much prefer select powder for oil control.

on 10/4/2011 5:39:00 PM

Love this powder. Silky smooth. Dosn't leave me feeling caked in product and dosn't tend to dry out my already parched skin. I use the medum shade every day over a variety of foundations/shades, works well with everything. Essental part of my makeup kit.

on 9/30/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Good powder... Everything that everyone has said, feels smooth looks beautiful on skin, wears for 2+ hrs, color matches perfectly, easy compact. what else do you need in a powder?

on 9/17/2011 9:54:00 AM

You can't beat M.A.C. when it comes to makeup. The quality is superior to other brand cosmetics. This powder was suggested by a talented M.A.C. makeup artist a few months ago. I told her my skin was dry and powders only made it feel drier. She told me the Studio Careblend powder had oils in it that worked with dry skin. On first application, she made me a believer. It gives your skin a flawless, truly beautiful glow - no chalky, ashy, powder feel like with most powders. I bought this in Medium and it is a perfect color match. I apply this over my sunscreen and it doesn't change the color. Good job, MAC!

on 9/14/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Breaks me out. First ingredient is Talc (Cheap pore clogging crap), has no coverage, and no oil control. Just average. And I thought it looked powdery until it set with my own face oil. Waste of money in my case.

This is a great powder. I use it every single day, either to set my studio tech foundation, or just to use on my face when I am lazy! On days I use it to set my foundation, I use a stippling brush to apply and on days I use it alone, I just use the little applicator it comes with. It definately helps control any shine I may get on my face and it doesn't leave my face feeling heavy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. In the nearly 15 years I've been wearing MAC cosmetics, this is the first powder that does the MAC artist say it will do.

I am PRONE to acne, shiny T-zone and SCARING. Since I started using this product in June( 2011), my face has been so much better -- no HUGE break outs ( which means no new scares) and real shine control. I use the shine control lotion, but this powder helps reinforce the no shine action.

The coverage is light but can be built up ( with concealers, foundations). I often only use concealer underneath.

The only downside to this product is the small quantity in the compact. If this was in a loose powder, I would buy only this product because it is THAT good.

on 9/10/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

As someone with extremely oily skin with areas of dry skin, this powder is perfect for me. It is very light and sheer (but buildable) and therefore doesn't look cakey. It kept me looking matte for at least 3 hours before I started to look a bit shiny again. And it didn't emphasise dry areas which is normally my pet peeve with powders. Would definitely recommend to those with combination skin :)

on 9/2/2011 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was a little concerned about this powder at first because I am acne prone and I was scared that it would break me out. I usually use the Mineralize Skinfinish powder in light plus and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I decided to buy the Careblend because the SA told me that it has more oil control than the Mineralize so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been using the Careblend in "Light" for about a week now and it's been working really well for me and no breakouts!! I notice that my skin looks flawless (I apply it over my concealer with a large powder brush) and matte (I find that it controls oil much better than the mineralize). I would say that the coverage is sheer and can be built up to medium (at the very most) depending on how you apply it. My skin looks soft, smooth, and hydrated and I'm really happy with it so far! I will edit this post if I find that it breaks me out...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

on 8/12/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So far, this has been my favorite pressed powder to wear on top of my foundations. Its very sheer and doesn't mattify as much as i'd like, but its ok b/c my pro longwear is very drying. I like this and the blot powder as my setting powders.

Recommended for Normal Skin