September 17, 2014 | 1971 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

This is a great powder. I use it every single day, either to set my studio tech foundation, or just to use on my face when I am lazy! On days I use it to set my foundation, I use a stippling brush to apply and on days I use it alone, I just use the little applicator it comes with. It definately helps control any shine I may get on my face and it doesn't leave my face feeling heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneGirl1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. In the nearly 15 years I've been wearing MAC cosmetics, this is the first powder that does the MAC artist say it will do.

I am PRONE to acne, shiny T-zone and SCARING. Since I started using this product in June( 2011), my face has been so much better -- no HUGE break outs ( which means no new scares) and real shine control. I use the shine control lotion, but this powder helps reinforce the no shine action.

The coverage is light but can be built up ( with concealers, foundations). I often only use concealer underneath.

The only downside to this product is the small quantity in the compact. If this was in a loose powder, I would buy only this product because it is THAT good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kelliea31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone with extremely oily skin with areas of dry skin, this powder is perfect for me. It is very light and sheer (but buildable) and therefore doesn't look cakey. It kept me looking matte for at least 3 hours before I started to look a bit shiny again. And it didn't emphasise dry areas which is normally my pet peeve with powders. Would definitely recommend to those with combination skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by smoozie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a little concerned about this powder at first because I am acne prone and I was scared that it would break me out. I usually use the Mineralize Skinfinish powder in light plus and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I decided to buy the Careblend because the SA told me that it has more oil control than the Mineralize so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been using the Careblend in "Light" for about a week now and it's been working really well for me and no breakouts!! I notice that my skin looks flawless (I apply it over my concealer with a large powder brush) and matte (I find that it controls oil much better than the mineralize). I would say that the coverage is sheer and can be built up to medium (at the very most) depending on how you apply it. My skin looks soft, smooth, and hydrated and I'm really happy with it so far! I will edit this post if I find that it breaks me out...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

So far, this has been my favorite pressed powder to wear on top of my foundations. Its very sheer and doesn't mattify as much as i'd like, but its ok b/c my pro longwear is very drying. I like this and the blot powder as my setting powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased medium plus, was matched by a mua. I usually always break out from Mac face products (foundations), but surprisingly this powder did not. I love the way it sets my foundation, it looks so NATURAL! It adds some color as well, which I loved. It didn't feel heavy at all. It felt feather light once applied, so smooth! Only downside I would say is how little product it contains. It will go by quick, sadly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product without trying it first (there's no MAC counter in my city), because of the raves at the MU board. It was recommended as a pressed powder with light to medium coverage, good foor dry skin because it didn't give that "powdery" look. So, my skin right now is normal to dry, NC20, and I use pretty heavy sunscreens everyday, so I need a powder to counteract the white and oily finish that some of these sunscreens give.
The color match was pretty good - Light Plus was the perfect shade for my NC20 complexion. I apply it with a big and fluffy powder brush (Ecotools) and it gives a kind of a satin finish - counteracts the oiliness of the sunscreens without being completely matte (it's more matte than I'd like it to be, though). I don't agree that this is a great product for normal to dry skin, as it settles into fine lines that I didn't even know that existed. It also leaves a slightly powdery finish even if I blend a lot, because it's not so finely milled.
Didn't break me out nor gave my skin any problems (I usually don't breakout from powders anyway).

The weird thing is that, after 3 months of using it only once a week (I alternate it with other powders) I hit pan on it! While hitting pan is certainly fun, since I rarely use up MU products, I didn't like the fact that this has such a low amount of product for your money. It took me 3 years to hit pan on my Studio Fix, for example.
By the way, the only difference from this powder to Studio Fix was the coverage - light for Careblend and medium for SF. The finish was pretty much the same, at least in my skin (satin finish). And Studio Fix has 15g while Careblend has only 10g.

It's not a bad product at all, but I don't plan on buying it again because, considering the price/amount of product, I think I can find a better powder for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This was recommended to me by the guy at the MAC counter after I asked him to compare the powders to me. He said that this is made more for those who have dry skin. I'm so happy I got this because I was looking for something to wear during the summer that provided enough coverage but didn't feel as heavy on my face as a liquid foundation. Normally powders I've used are very matte and emphasizes the dry patches on my face. This is the first powder product I have used that does not do that. The only downside is that I haven't had this for long and I can already see the dent in the product even after using it sparingly. Also, it lasts me for about four or five hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite powder from MAC. Pros: It's not at all drying, it leaves a dewy (not greasy) finish, great colour match, very natural looking, no break outs, less matte/drying than Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - which is my second favourite MAC powder.

Colour match was easy - I'm a C4 in MAC Face and Body foundation (I have neutral undertones) and Careblend in Medium-Plus is perfect. Very glad I tried before buying because, going by other MUA reviews and recs, Medium-Dark would have been my obvious blind-buy choice. But after testing it in-store, the Medium-Dark was initially very brown, and a bit too dark/warm, whereas the Medium-Plus was better suited to my neutral undertones. I checked in indoor and outdoor light - and even though (after setting) Medium-Dark was decent enough, Medium-Plus was better.

Unlike other reviewers, on my skin, I don't see any difference in the colour or warmth of MSFN in Medium-Plus and Careblend in Medium-Plus. A few reviews indicated that Careblend comes up lighter, but on me, the colours of both products are identical - the difference is the finish. So really - try before you buy - it might depend on your skin colour and undertones.

Careblend is the most moisturising powder I've used. It's not shiny, just smooth and perfect. Coverage is not as good as with MSFN, but if you don't need much cover (like me) or use it with foundation, it's perfect.
Price point is good, compact is nice. I apply with a dense powder brush.
Very happy with this! I'll still use MSFN for extra-matte days, but Careblend is now my powder of choice.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeupfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hello new HG setting powder! I was waiting for MAC to put out something like this for ages, being that there MSF natural has never tickled my fancy much at all, I don't like the dome and that it don't have a mirror, never thought it was good for on the go touch ups, so here I am with this lovely priduct, what can I say about it? The color match worked well for my NC40 or C4 skin tone, I debated but ended up getting medium dark I believe it is. However, in the winter this will be too dark forsure. It has such a lovely matte, but natural looking finish, I don't have to take studiofix powder foundation with me anymore when I'm on the go, which I shouldn't since it is a foundation ladies! Anywho, I can't say enough good things, its pure love at first try:]