November 21, 2014 | 1713 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very gentle, cleans well and smells like apples. This is my every day cleansers and I think will be my HG. This is my second purchase as it last a long time, even using it twice a day.Very happy with this find, I do not think a department store cleanser is really worth the extra dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try out a face cleanser that has more natural products, so I picked this one up. It seems to cleanse my face well and doesn't cause any more/less breakouts than I usually have. The one thing that I really don't like is the smell. I don't think I would repurchase this because I liked Purpose's cleaner much better overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kace1396

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the only cleansers I can use that doesn't break me out. I have very oily, yet sensitive skin. This cleanser doesn't do much for acne, but my breakouts aren't as bad as they used to be with other cleansers. I'm not going to say I have horrible cystic acne, but I'll get a pimple or two on my cheek, forehead, or chin. The scent is nice, but it's very strong. All in all I like it, I've already gone through a few bottles and I'll probably keep using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by cukie7707

I feel like this cleanser made my skin worse than it was. I also can't stand the smell of the cleanser...it smells like cough syrup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tori1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

To start off, here is my warning. For anyone who has sensitivity to products containing Salicylic Acid, do not use this product. Also, weird as it sounds, if you tend to have any adverse side effects to aspirin, you may want to avoid this as well (I'll explain below).

I have really sensitive/oily skin and I thought that since this was all natural it wouldn't irritate my skin. It did a good job of cleansing and I didn't break out any when I used this. The problem is that it BURNED my skin and would leave it bright red for a very long time, and this is with using no other skin products.

The reason why I think it did this though is that it contains willow bark. Products with Salicylic Acid content above 0.5% have always been very irritating and burned my skin, and Salicylic Acid is derived from willow bark. This has lead me to the conclusion that I may be allergic to willow bark (I have a tendency of being allergic to things).

Since the willow bark in this product is in a natural form and there are so few ingredients in this cleanser, it is probably in a much higher concentration and content percentage than Salicylic Acid is in typical cleansers containing it. This may be why I had such a strong adverse reaction to it compared to the reaction I get using Salicylic Acid. So, if you tend to be sensitive and react similarly to Salicylic Acid products, this product could have an adverse effect on you.

As for the aspirin thing, aspirin is derived from willow bark as well, so the correlation may be something to take into consideration. I don't have any medical backing to go with this statement or anything, and I'm not saying that if you have problems with aspirin, you will have problems with Salicylic Acid/this product, or if you have problems with Salicylic Acid/this product, you will have problems with aspirin. It just may be something to think about before purchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

It stung my eyes, which is always a minus. Additionally, it made my skin feel stripped after a few uses, so this is not a repeat buy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by AddieRuca

I was pretty excited about trying this new line of cleansers since I was tired of using washes with so many chemicals. It did nothing for me; doesn't remove make up and doesn't even leave my skin feeling clean (face or chest). Couldn't return it so I just threw it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mistywarden

I'm almost finished with this bottle (not out of love, just wanting to use it up) and for my combination/oily skin this isn't the best cleanser but it didn't cause any breakouts or irritation, which raised it from 2 to 3 lippies for me. My chin does feel a tiny bit tight after washing but no flakes or redness.

Because there seems to be some confusion, I'll say this part loud: THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CLAIM TO REMOVE MAKEUP, so I didn't rate it based on its ability to do so. I have a separate makeup remover for that purpose (part of why this is only a meh cleanser for me. My HG Liz Earle does both). I also would strongly recommend not getting it in your eyes.

The fact that the label lists the origins of the ingredients was cool for me, though it lists Fragrance and explains the inclusion of this and several other "non-natural" ingredients as "essential to blending the product" 0.o The scent isn't nasty, but if you're sensitive to scents I'd advise against this product.

The packaging is fine, though I wish all pump bottles would get ALL of the product out but the thought that it's made with partially recycled plastic is nice.

Long story short: I didn't hate it, but I'm glad I'm done with it and will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by codonohue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you experience a lot of salycic (i know i'm miss spelling that) acid cleansers that dry out your skin, than this is a good product for you. What makes the other cleansers so drying is the chemicle they put in it that they don't put in this one (forgot the name). This cleanser will not lather like you're used to b/c of that chemicle not in it, and you may think it's not working, but that's only b/c you've been tricked with shampoos and facial cleansers all your life that use that chemicle that makes things lather. Companies know if it lathers then we will think it it's cleaning the best. However, this facial cleanser does clean and it cleans very well. No dirt is on my cotton pad when I follow with astrigent. It doesn't completely clear alllll acne, for me anyway, but no cleanser ever does. Horomons are to blame for that one, urg. However, it clears enough to make my skin look great, it doesn't over dry my skin so applying make up is easy and not frustrating, and it doesn't make my acne worse, it does make it better. It cleared a bad break out on my forehead that I think was caused by using harsh cleansers for so long. I will buy this again and again. Oh and I can't remember the price of it, so my rating for that is not something to look at with my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ArShah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome cleanser for removing makeup. I've bought it about 3 times already because it really gets every last bit of makeup off and just overall cleansing your face :)