August 28, 2014 | 1719 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tori1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

To start off, here is my warning. For anyone who has sensitivity to products containing Salicylic Acid, do not use this product. Also, weird as it sounds, if you tend to have any adverse side effects to aspirin, you may want to avoid this as well (I'll explain below).

I have really sensitive/oily skin and I thought that since this was all natural it wouldn't irritate my skin. It did a good job of cleansing and I didn't break out any when I used this. The problem is that it BURNED my skin and would leave it bright red for a very long time, and this is with using no other skin products.

The reason why I think it did this though is that it contains willow bark. Products with Salicylic Acid content above 0.5% have always been very irritating and burned my skin, and Salicylic Acid is derived from willow bark. This has lead me to the conclusion that I may be allergic to willow bark (I have a tendency of being allergic to things).

Since the willow bark in this product is in a natural form and there are so few ingredients in this cleanser, it is probably in a much higher concentration and content percentage than Salicylic Acid is in typical cleansers containing it. This may be why I had such a strong adverse reaction to it compared to the reaction I get using Salicylic Acid. So, if you tend to be sensitive and react similarly to Salicylic Acid products, this product could have an adverse effect on you.

As for the aspirin thing, aspirin is derived from willow bark as well, so the correlation may be something to take into consideration. I don't have any medical backing to go with this statement or anything, and I'm not saying that if you have problems with aspirin, you will have problems with Salicylic Acid/this product, or if you have problems with Salicylic Acid/this product, you will have problems with aspirin. It just may be something to think about before purchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

It stung my eyes, which is always a minus. Additionally, it made my skin feel stripped after a few uses, so this is not a repeat buy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by AddieRuca

I was pretty excited about trying this new line of cleansers since I was tired of using washes with so many chemicals. It did nothing for me; doesn't remove make up and doesn't even leave my skin feeling clean (face or chest). Couldn't return it so I just threw it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mistywarden

I'm almost finished with this bottle (not out of love, just wanting to use it up) and for my combination/oily skin this isn't the best cleanser but it didn't cause any breakouts or irritation, which raised it from 2 to 3 lippies for me. My chin does feel a tiny bit tight after washing but no flakes or redness.

Because there seems to be some confusion, I'll say this part loud: THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CLAIM TO REMOVE MAKEUP, so I didn't rate it based on its ability to do so. I have a separate makeup remover for that purpose (part of why this is only a meh cleanser for me. My HG Liz Earle does both). I also would strongly recommend not getting it in your eyes.

The fact that the label lists the origins of the ingredients was cool for me, though it lists Fragrance and explains the inclusion of this and several other "non-natural" ingredients as "essential to blending the product" 0.o The scent isn't nasty, but if you're sensitive to scents I'd advise against this product.

The packaging is fine, though I wish all pump bottles would get ALL of the product out but the thought that it's made with partially recycled plastic is nice.

Long story short: I didn't hate it, but I'm glad I'm done with it and will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by codonohue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you experience a lot of salycic (i know i'm miss spelling that) acid cleansers that dry out your skin, than this is a good product for you. What makes the other cleansers so drying is the chemicle they put in it that they don't put in this one (forgot the name). This cleanser will not lather like you're used to b/c of that chemicle not in it, and you may think it's not working, but that's only b/c you've been tricked with shampoos and facial cleansers all your life that use that chemicle that makes things lather. Companies know if it lathers then we will think it it's cleaning the best. However, this facial cleanser does clean and it cleans very well. No dirt is on my cotton pad when I follow with astrigent. It doesn't completely clear alllll acne, for me anyway, but no cleanser ever does. Horomons are to blame for that one, urg. However, it clears enough to make my skin look great, it doesn't over dry my skin so applying make up is easy and not frustrating, and it doesn't make my acne worse, it does make it better. It cleared a bad break out on my forehead that I think was caused by using harsh cleansers for so long. I will buy this again and again. Oh and I can't remember the price of it, so my rating for that is not something to look at with my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ArShah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome cleanser for removing makeup. I've bought it about 3 times already because it really gets every last bit of makeup off and just overall cleansing your face :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

It's been awhile since I've had to use something for acne, because I took Accutane in 2007. Lately with the hot weather I've been getting little zits all month long. So I picked this cleanser up and after a week, I'm looking better. Use something else to take your makeup off, please. This is better as a start of the day cleanser, when your face is product-free, anyway. Yes, it can sting a little for the first few days, but only use one pump and cool water. I crushed up four or five aspirin and then lathered with this cleanser and it was like a mini-facial. I really like this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by rjackson42

I like how there are no harming chemicals in this product, so let me say, if you are taking any acne topical medications, like for me I'm taking tretinoin cream, this product doesn't irritate my skin. This is because if you are using a topical gel, having benzoyl peroxide and salicylic scid in your face washes can REALLY irritate your skin if you're sensitive. However, I wish I could say this product clears my acne up more.. it doesn't. I see an overall improvement in my skin, but I still get pimples, even when I feel like my face routine is perfect:/ so overall YAY on this product! It does it's job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading so magazines about the dangerous chemicals and toxins that are used to make certain product and when it is aborbs through your skin and carried out by your blood can cause cancer and some could sterilize you from having children and was shocked so began to do organic stuff for my body. This was horrible doesn't lather I didn't feel my skin was being cleaned at all you needed a lot of pumps to actually remove make up. It's fragrant with apples and it shouldn't really be there considering fragrant products are the culprit for causing your skin to become sensitive. waste of money had a lot of hopes for this did nothing I broke out the next day swell with many tiny white dots of acne when my face was clear the other day prbbolay because it didn't do a very good job at cleaning at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

ok so when i got this the nozzle was broken... which meant i had to return, but thankfully i had an old bottle of the neutrogena grapefruit cleanser, so i just replaced that nozzle. however it still doesn't fit perfectly :/ when i first got it it smelled AMAZING, like apples and lemons, but after three weeks of vacation, i came back, and it kinda smells like rubbing alcohol. i have normal skin, so all cleansers work the same on me, just take off any dirt. so its alright, but i will NOT be repurchasing