Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it burns your skin, makes it red, and drys it out. the minute i put it on and felt that burn i was like, "uhh...natural?"
bizzarre but predictable since it's not entirely natural (that's what those astricks indicate on the back.)

Purchased for change of pace. Drugstore-wise, usually buy Purpose. Also for use with Clarisonic Mia 2. Therein lay the problem. Stung my eyes and tasted horrible (couldn't help getting on my lips). Returned to store. Bought Boscia black that warms; like that. Also use Lush AoBS.

on 12/26/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have had a horrible horrible experience with this cleanser this past week. So let me start by saying I only bought this as a temporary face wash because I ran out of my CeraVe facial cleanser and they didn't have it in stock so I just bought this because I thought it was a simple cleanser. When I initially used this, I felt a little sting. I checked the ingredients and saw that it had "naturally derived salicylic acid" from willow bark extract.So over the past few days I noticed that the longer I leave this cleanser on, the more it stings. It also leaves my face sensitive and red as a frickin tomato. I've been noticing a lot of dryness, and I started developing a rash on my neck and jawline. It's really inflamed and itchy right now. At first I thought it was because the sal. acid was too harsh along with my acne meds (clindamycin phosphate and tazorac) I finally realized that I'm probably allergic to the willow bark extract because I had the same reaction to the Burt's Bees acne solutions line, which boasts willowbark extract. This cleanser has DEFINITELY not been right for me, but hey if you're not allergic to it you might have success. I wish Neutrogena would advertise it on the front of the bottle that it contains salicylic acid though...if they had, I would have opted for a different cleanser. Sad to see my $10 go to waste :(

on 12/23/2012 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i really like this cleanser. i have oily/combination skin and it does a good job of cleaning without drying or causing me to break out. i am pretty happy with the whole neutrogena naturals line actually. with the cleanser, its fairly expensive for a drugstore brand, but a little goes a long way.

on 12/13/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I had very high hopes for this product. It was a complete let down. I have super oily skin and very sensitive skin. This product dried out my skin so much it felt tight and horrible after every single use. It also caused me to have pimples and cystic acne that I've never had any issues with before.

I was very disappointed in this product and I will never repurchase it. I almost used the entire bottle hoping that maybe my skin would become used it to so I could tolerate it but that isn't happening.

I just purchased my holy grail Purity by Philosophy. And while I don't particularly like the price tag my skin looks fabulous with that cleaner.

on 11/15/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible!! I have very oily skin. My skin is not sentsitive....but using this it totally was!! My skin was veryyy red and dry feeling after using this product. I even used it for two weeks to see if my face just needed to get used to it, but I didn't get better results. So I returned it and bought Cetaphil! Dont waste your $$

on 11/3/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ive found this cleanser doesnt work for acne-prone or sensitive skin. Every time I gave it a try it just irritated my skin & broke me out. It contains many oils. I hate how it feels soapy on the skin and like it doesnt wash off completely. Will never use it again.

on 10/29/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was really optimistic when I bought it as it seemed like a good idea at the time. Big mistake.

PROS:
-The only thing I liked about it was the scent.

CONS:
-I have pretty "tough," clear skin and I rarely break out, but after only a couple days I started getting MASSIVE cystic pimples.
-Immediately dried out my skin like crazy

Needless to say, I trashed it after two uses. A waste of money, for sure.

on 10/28/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this cleanser at all. It's supposed to work for sensitive skin but it's harsh even on my super oily skin. Dries out the skin and causes breakouts. Not recommended!

on 10/26/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised and disappointed by the inclusion of some heavy fragrance, which I did not expect from the "natural" label. I should have read the list of ingredients more carefully! It seems to do the job, but I really prefer unscented/fragrance-free facial products if at all possible, so I won't be buying this again. If you don't mind the heavy scent, this might be worth a try.