July 29, 2014 | 999 users online

Styling Products - Organix - Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by plastics

I have thick, wavy, coarse hair. This product did not work on my hair. It didn't seem to make it shiny or eliminate frizz. HOWEVER, and it's a big however. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell. I can't get over it. I really wish they would make the smell into a perfume because I would buy that over and over. That's the only reason I'm going to buy this product in the future. I think I'm going to take a small glob and put it on the lower half of my hair when it's dry, just to put the nice smell in my hair.

I should mention, I only tried this stuff once so far, tonight is my second time. The first time I put it in when my hair was wet and went to bed. That probably wasn't a very good way to start out with it. Tonight I'm gonna see how it is with my hair dry and then going to bed.

Anyway, like I said...I think the smell is amazing. I think it's better to put it in in the morning though, because the smell goes away after sleeping or after a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mmsqueaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this is so popular? Argan oil as one of the last ingredients didn't impress me, but I gave it a go anyways. Was disappointed. Gives my processed/platinum hair a tad bit of shine, but does nothing for frizziness or flyaways. Very disappointed. That's what I get for straying from Moroccanoil. I'll pay the extra money to notice a difference!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Total HG. First off, I have dry frizzy 3a hair.

I saw this on sale, 2 for 1 at Rite Aid and couldn't pass it up. I use this every time I wash my hair now. It makes it so glossy and silky soft. I have to be careful letting my hair down around my friends because they won't stop touching it and playing with it because it's just so soft. I have to put it up while I'm just sitting around or it will get very greasy because I can't keep my hands off it (not greasy from the argan oil, but from my hands!). I have been blow drying my 3a hair straight lately and always use this beforehand. I just cannot get over how soft and shiny my hair is, and neither can my friends or family! This is a MUST HAVE. It also works just as well as the $20/bottle stuff my hair stylist uses on me. This definitely works best on damp hair for me. I could keep gushing but I don't think that's very helpful.

And even better than the stuff my stylist uses is the smell. Oh my gosh. The smell. It is the single best smelling hair product I own, no joke. It's fresh and clean, almost like a good sort of exotic men's cologne. I just cannot get over how good this stuff smells. They should release a perfume of the scent they use in this, I would wear it daily, no joke.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an OK product foe me. It's a little heavy for my fine hair and I don't care for the scent. But it DID make my hair feel super soft. It's just a little much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this bogo free. One section of my hair was breaking off and I didn't know what to do. I used this and olive oil in addition to my reg moisturizers and my hair stopped breaking. I don't know if it was this or the olive oil but I'm going to keep buying this and make sure I always use the 2 combined. If you read the back it has a bunch of other stuff in it, but it works great for my hair.

UPDATE: Because this is more cone than oil, I decided to use this to make my castor oil thinner. When I use up, I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I really enjoy this product because it is inexpensive, easily accessible, & just as good as other products that cost a lot more. There are caveats but not different from similar products.
--------------
SILICONES: This product is loaded with silicones & that can be very bad especially if they sit on your head or scalp. However, don't be fooled into thinking this has more silicone or is any better/worse than other brands selling the same "moroccan/argan oil" product (yeah I'm talking about the one in the fancy bottle with light blue labels). They all have silicones as the top ingredients & in the same quantities. Why not just buy the cheapest? Also, don't be fooled into thinking one oil is better than another (macadamia, argan, unicorn blood), the tiny drop of each one does not make any difference.
--------------
CAVEATS: Hair is a dead thing once is grows out of the head so it really doesn't matter to put silicone on it ... BUT with some caveats ... (1) Never load it on. I only use it once a week or so whenever I feel the effect has dissipated. (2) Never use it on the hair at the top of your head or near your scalp. This will weigh it down & clog your scalp which is the only part that is "alive." I only use it on the bottom third. (3) Make sure you use a good clarifying shampoo that actually washes it off after time otherwise it'll just keep coating & coating & eventually the bottom of your hair will be so weighed down it'll be dragging your top down as well.
--------------
HOW I USE IT: My hair is long, straight, fine & smooth at the top of my head but frizzy at the bottom to the point where I can have triangle head. This really helps my hair look straight & my head look non-triangular because I apply it only to the ends or bottom third. Then I'm good to go for about 2-3 washings. I also think this really helps protect my hair from heat damage since the silicone is coating my hair. I've used this as directed on towel-dried but still wet hair but I've also used it NOT as directed on completely dry hair. When applied on wet hair, it does have a strange drying feeling at first but when your hair actually dries, it feels great. Applied on dry hair, use only a tiny amount & it works great also.
--------------
PACKAGING: Like everyone else, I hate the hole opening since it's impossible to control this slippery liquid (that's what she said). But seriously, it's terrible & I wish it had a pump instead or a much smaller opening. Not a deal breaker though.
--------------
OVERALL: I think the scent smells a lot like old school Pantene. It's just as good as other products but a lot cheaper. The company is also cruelty-free. Make sure you use a good shampoo that cleans it off after time, don't load it on, & only use it on the bottom portions of your hair (i.e. these types of products aren't good for people with short hair). It's as simple as that.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works *very* well at smoothing out my frizz and making my hair look sleek and shiny but not too heavy BUT this comes at a price: this product is full of silicones and I work that with the amount I am using - my hair is quickly becoming baked in silicones.
Also, the squeeze top is not well designed, if you are not carefully you can quickly squeeze out WAY more than you need...
oh well, works great - but problematic

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by jerri20061982

I bought the oil !!! and love it ..it takes very little and it does not make my hair greasy whatsoever on the ends. It does not have much a smell that i have noticed. I immediately noticed that the ends of my hair seemed more shiny and smooth i use it with the Brazilian shampoo by organix i have very thick coarse hair and this is by far on the of the better drug store products i have tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is nothing more than glorified Frizz Eaze w/the argon oil drop added to go with the craze that was born from the MorrocanOil's Oil Treatment. It performed with the same bad results as Frizz Ease on my fine wavy locks. There is no moisture here...just a layer of shellac for the hair. And by now we all know that causes problems in the long run.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I didn't want to spend the money on the other fancy Morrocan Oil, I tried that brand a few times and really liked it, but, I mean, its just a little out of my range. For the 7 bucks I spent on this product I feel it works really well.I use the 'light' oil and use just a small amount in every part of my hair except my bangs and feel like my hair definitely looks healthier. I would not doubt purchase again. Oh, the packaging would be better if it were in pump form.