The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 5/26/2008 5:48:00 AM

I really like this lip balm ^^ and I usually just use TBS honey lip care. For those who haven't tried it yet, it doesn't have the exact smell of chocolate that we eat, it's cocoa, more like the smell of chocolate candy.

Very moisturising. TBS lip care range is much better than those Born Lippy, Lip Butter ranges.

I love using this when putting on Lush chocolate mask.

on 5/17/2008 3:55:00 AM

I like the cocoa smell of this lipbalm, however i feel that it just sits on top my lips and doesn't absorb into them. It moisturizes for only a few hours, which is not enough for my uber dry lips. It has a matte finish though and makes a decent base for lipsticks. I also like the Chapstick-like packaging which is very handy to carry around. I think this product is better suited for people who don't have perenially dry lips and just needs a basic lip moisturizer.

on 5/13/2008 4:54:00 PM

I bought this one because of the raves here on MUA. But I don't understand it at all; texture is kind of old and doesn't last very long and that smell.....yuck. I really love chocolate but this is gross. I threw it away after a couple of uses. Waste of (a lot of) money.

on 5/4/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

so smooth and moisturizing! smell is subtle and good too! and it doesn't taste nasty like the lippy balms!

on 4/23/2008 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my first lip balm... very good moisturizer, very nice smell.
born lippy is great too, but cocoa is in stick so it's not messy.

on 4/22/2008 2:29:00 AM

Nice moisturizing lip balm. Simple, and nice smell. The only thing that is missing is SPF, otherwise it's great.

on 4/6/2008 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is probably the best lip balm I've tried!
Being a student on a budget, I've tried many cheaper lip balms which either didn't moisturize as well, or had some sort of funky smell/taste. But this one smells great, I love the smell of the cocoa butter. Also, some other lip balms tend to dry out my lips after they wear off, but this one doesn't at all.
I'm on my second stick now!

on 3/23/2008 12:43:00 PM

I actually really like this product. I would say by far the best one I've tried so far, and believe thats alot.

Texture: It goes on really smooth and isnt sticky like some are.
Package: Small design
Smell: It's not to bad, I will admit that it does'nt smell the absolute best but it's better once it's on.it
Lasting: It lasted me a few months, which is pretty good in my mind.
Price: Wasn't cheap but not expensive either, I believe it was about $8 here in Canada.

I actually just lost mine the other day and I'm going out tomorrow to get a new one. A DEFINITE BUY AGAIN!

on 2/3/2008 1:45:00 PM

I used to love this lip balm, it moisturized very well and smelled like chocolate brownies...that was before the reformulation. This still moisturizes well but the scent is rather icky. There are lots of other lip balms on the market that work as well and smell better so I won't be repurchasing this one.

on 1/19/2008 6:19:00 PM

This moisturizes the lips pretty well, but I hate the smell of it. I have thrown it away immediately after the first use. I rather have chapped lips than using this...

I'm back using Clinque's Superbalm. More expensive, but much better in my opinion.

Popular Lip Treatments