August 27, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Tjitske

I bought this one because of the raves here on MUA. But I don't understand it at all; texture is kind of old and doesn't last very long and that smell.....yuck. I really love chocolate but this is gross. I threw it away after a couple of uses. Waste of (a lot of) money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Ariele909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so smooth and moisturizing! smell is subtle and good too! and it doesn't taste nasty like the lippy balms!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by jbid

my first lip balm... very good moisturizer, very nice smell.
born lippy is great too, but cocoa is in stick so it's not messy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

Nice moisturizing lip balm. Simple, and nice smell. The only thing that is missing is SPF, otherwise it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by bwahahaha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably the best lip balm I've tried!
Being a student on a budget, I've tried many cheaper lip balms which either didn't moisturize as well, or had some sort of funky smell/taste. But this one smells great, I love the smell of the cocoa butter. Also, some other lip balms tend to dry out my lips after they wear off, but this one doesn't at all.
I'm on my second stick now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mikkeld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this product. I would say by far the best one I've tried so far, and believe thats alot.

Texture: It goes on really smooth and isnt sticky like some are.
Package: Small design
Smell: It's not to bad, I will admit that it does'nt smell the absolute best but it's better once it's on.it
Lasting: It lasted me a few months, which is pretty good in my mind.
Price: Wasn't cheap but not expensive either, I believe it was about $8 here in Canada.

I actually just lost mine the other day and I'm going out tomorrow to get a new one. A DEFINITE BUY AGAIN!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by IguanaGirl

I used to love this lip balm, it moisturized very well and smelled like chocolate brownies...that was before the reformulation. This still moisturizes well but the scent is rather icky. There are lots of other lip balms on the market that work as well and smell better so I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

This moisturizes the lips pretty well, but I hate the smell of it. I have thrown it away immediately after the first use. I rather have chapped lips than using this...

I'm back using Clinque's Superbalm. More expensive, but much better in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:06:00 AM More reviews by pinkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, this stinks! It has an old car smell to it. I was foolish to read the raves and order it online before trying it out. Makes lips quite soft, but the feeling doesn't last very long and lips get addicted. So in my case, this doesn't work at all. This would be a total rip off bought with the full prize.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Masaishin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd time purchasing the cocoa butter lip care stick :)
It's a simple & straightforward lip balm with great moisturizing properties that prevent my lips from getting chapped or feeling dry throughout the day.

I have very dry lips though so it's become a habit for me to apply lip balm often & generously in a day. The good part is that this product doesn't disappoint each time ;)

It doesn't give much lasting shine (that some neutral lip balms are able to do) & this works for me because it allows me to reapply as many times without worrying that my lips look OTT with shine/a glossy surface.

The smell might require a little getting used to for some people however I personally liked it because I always find light cocoa butter scents yummy! :P

It's just a plain & boring ol' lip balm THAT WORKS! :D

Possible cons would be that it has no spf & might seem a lil pricey however it is understandably, a Bodyshop product.