August 23, 2014 | 1779 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I wouldn't buy this again, only because it smudges, flakes and rubs off under my eyes. I left two smeary marks on my massage therapist's face sheet thing that she drapes over the face donut on her table. I felt mortified! I always opt for the non waterproof mascaras as the waterproof are just too irritating to wash off (literally, my eyes can't take that much grief).

Having said that, I loved how black this was, really liked the shape of the brush and the ease of removal (heh). It didn't burn my eyes like some mascaras have, but I just find this too messy when I wear it. I have yet to find my HG mascara as they all either have been ok, or terrible at all the price points I've tried. I'll use this up, but won't rebuy. Luckily I get mascara every 2 months or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It doesn't smudge (i don't have oily lids) or flake on me. Used this on bottom lashes (& i usually dont like to put mascara on them) & didnt budge. Good volume & length :) Nice, soft, fluttery looking lashes... & if the growing lashes part works, that's really just a bonus to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by yte0xl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG, This is by far the best mascara I've used. I tried bare minerals, loreal, maybeline...ect. It made them FOOLER, Longer curled and BLACK. The only part thats bad is probably to take it off even tho its not water proof you have to be gentle but make sure you get it all off. I think most that complained about the smudge its because they maybe put it too close their skin. I put it on the ends first them work my way to the roots and spin the brush as I do it. Had alot of compliments on it,

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to give this 5 stars! I recently got this mascara and I saw reviews on here saying that it smudges but almost all mascara reviews will say that. I've never has a mascara smudge on me before so I thought it wouldn't happen to me.....but it does. Only after having this on less than a few hours I've got black smudges under my eyes. It looks terrible. On the other hand the formula is nice and dry which is perfect for my lashes and the brush is great. I have to build up this mascara but its so worth it because it makes me look like I have 10x more lashes! I just wish it wouldn't smudge! I'll use up my tube but I won't be repurchasing for obvious reasons.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by narsstars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice brush, looks good at first. After a few hours I notice "racoon eyes" from where this product has smeared/feathered under my eyes. Terrible staying power, will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by terrag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really short lashes, so when I tried this I was slightly disappointed. It made them darker and more defined than most mascara's, but not much else. I kept using it though because I prefer a subtle look. It dries out quickly. I have fallen into a routine where I curl my lashes, apply this for definition, curl again, wait, and then apply Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara which has a large applicator with lengthens and thickens the ends of my lashes, making a great look! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by cherlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard about this mascara from one of my fave youtube beauty guru's EmilyNoel. I hate to say it but I don't care for it.
It looks and applies nicely BUT, it stays tacky for too long and doesn't allow for me to recurl and apply more mascara, which is what I have always done. My eyelashes stuck to my eyelash curler which is not good! If I wait for a pretty long time, eventually they will dry but that isn't what I want so I will not likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

Of all the mascaras I've tried, my absolute favorite. Makes my lashes long, curled, seperated and thicker with a sort of wet black sheen to them, in just one coat! I'm oily in the eye area but it doesn't smudge or flake on me. My lashes seem thicker and healthier since use as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I love, love, love this mascara! What a great drugstore find. The formula of this mascara is perfect for my eyelashes, separates them, curls them, lengthens them and of course, makes them more black. I let this mascara dry out a bit for about 2 weeks and have found it to be a million times better now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplovie

No I will not buy again. I love long and thick eyelashes and this mascara only gives me color no volume or lenght. It does define eyelashes very nicely and the formula is not wet nor too dry. But maybe I was expecting too much out of it...