April 16, 2014 | 1881 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Drys quickly; Good price point for drugstore foundation; Easily mixed with spatula.
However, the cons: Oxidizes (orange/darker than initial shade-more or less noticeable depending on your skin; Caused breakouts; Staying power/transfers; Need to clean spatula if applying directly to skin to avoid contamination; If not careful, neck of bottle gets messy/cap stained.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is wonderful!!
Pros
Super smooth
Light/medium coverage
Not greasy
Super affordable (I got mine for $6C)

Cons
Color ranges can be difficult to choose from
There is no pump, but there is a spatula but it's still a bit messy!

All in all this a a great foundation and a great dupe for a luxury brand!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by paigeallison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to check out a new drugstore foundation because all of my other foundations were higher-end and I didn't want to waste them for everyday. I looked up some reviews online, here of course, and saw it had decent ratings and the price was around $4, how could I say no?
Upon trying it, I thought I had chosen the perfect color. I have a very pale olive skin tone with very prominent yellow undertones. I had swatched the foundations in-store to get a good idea of the color I should buy, and the one I purchased seemed to be a good match. When I saw the foundation in natural light it seemed a bit too pink for me and a tad too dark, but work-able. The color wasn't too off and I dismissed it.
The factor that set me away from this foundation is the fact that it does not sit well on my skin! I have tried so many different foundations and I don't think I've ever has such a problem with caking in my life. Something about this foundation and my skin does not work together, no matter how I try it. It especially does not respond well to when I use a primer, which is unfortunate because this foundation really tends to show off my pores.
It's a heavy foundation, and I don't mean coverage-wise. The foundation literally sits on your skin but it's coverage is close to medium. I try to build the foundation and I haven't had luck. I'm the kind of girl who needs a full-coverage foundation and this is not it.
In regards to the finish, you get a very dewy finish. Too dewy. But this is easily brought down with a powder. I tried the Rimmel Stay Matte along with this, and it worked decently. I'd say it looked like I had a nice skin finish once powdered.
Overall, I'm still trying to work with this foundation so I can get my use out of it. It's not completely horrid and if you can find your color and have a great powder to matte it down, you'll be good! I wouldn't recommend for oily or mature skin types. This might work good on dry to normal skin. Considering it was so cheap, I might just toss it. I would return it if I didn't lose the receipt!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lilyflower09

First off, how can you not love the idea of a little spatula for your foundation? Fab. I tried this product out for the first time this evening and loved it! I have oily skin, so the matte finish was great. My skin was shine free, but didn't feel like I had caked on layers of make up. It felt light, fresh, and completely natural. I'm absolutely thrilled with the results, especially for $6. I have $30 MAC foundations that don't feel this good, and the coverage was fantastic. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How can you not love a foundation that comes with a nifty little spatula!? I was using the Bare Minerals powder foundation and thought it was great at first but then when the summer heat/humidity hit I started realizing that #1 my face was looking VERY cakey after about 3-4 hours and #2 that the foundation was wearing off in patches at about the 6 hour mark; just not ideal when you work an 8 Ĺ hour day. So when I ran out of the Bare Minerals I decided I wanted to go back to liquid foundation but didnít know what to get since I have tried almost every foundation in the drugstore and havenít liked them for various reasons. So I started researching online to find another foundation to try and this one kept coming up with mostly great reviews. I know you can get this foundation in Wal-Mart for about $4 but I hate going there and went to my local CVS instead and paid $5 for it. I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush; it blends so easily and gives me such great coverage. I donít have any active breakouts right now but I do have some recent acne scars that this actually covers. I actually donít need to use concealer after I put this on; it covers so well for being so light weight. I set it with BM's Mineral Veil or the Mineral Veil from Maybelline and I can actually get away with not having to touchup or blot for the whole day; at the end of the day it looks dewy on me but not oily or greasy. I havenít had it oxidize on me like a lot of people are saying it does; but never say never. Iíve been using it for about 2 weeks and am in love with it; the only thing that could pry me from this foundation is if it starts to break me out. Iíll update this review if anything starts to go south.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

I mix this foundation with my Mac one, sometimes. It's nice, but a little drying. It dries fast so once you dot your face, get to blending, quickly! I don't like the shade range, the color I have now is Warm Ivory and it is a little light for me, but mixed with my MAC 1.5 it's pretty even. For a quick and cheap solution its nice to have. I also like the spatula it comes with, helps with dispensing product.

EDIT - March 2013: I started using this foundation exclusively this winter (my Mac foundation was too dark). It broke me out. So coupled with the quick drying effect and this newest development I threw the bottle away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for reference: I'm about an NC35, somewhat olive toned, purchased 420 Warm sand and it's a good match. No problems with clog prone, sensitive, combo/dry skin.

Purchased this inexpensive foundation on a whim and I'm surprised to find myself using it fairly often. Comes in a screw top glass bottle with a plastic spatula applicator. Thick creamy formula gives medium/light coverage, not too matte or dewy, close to skin texture, melts into skin well. Formula sets relatively quickly after application, coverage is buildable, staying power is slightly above average.
Overall natural finish, and haven't seen any oxidization as mentioned in other reviews. Seems like the lighter shades oxisdise, but perhaps not the darker shades?
I'll definitely use it up and may buy again. Another option in the same price range is NYC smooth skin foundation which has medium leaning toward full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Luna2011

Admittedly I first bought this because it was under $4 at Wal-Mart and it said 100% Poreless.I got home tried it and hated it didn't cover anything and looked cakey. Somehow I used half the bottle, but I later retried it because Tanya Burr used it for her $20 makeup challenge and it looked amazing and covered so well for her. This time I just buffed it on with the Real Techniques buffing brush and it looked flawless all my acne scars were covered! I just used a little bit too like one spatula scoop (this bottle contains no pump but had this spatula that is attached to the inside of the cap) This covered better than my Revlon colorstay and my Estee Lauder MAXIMUM coverage foundation! I couldn't believe it so definitely a must buy especially since it's under $4. For color references I wear this in the shade True Ivory which is a pretty decent match and I'm in the shade Buff from Revlon, and Creamy Vanilla in the Estee Lauder Maximum coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by nikkinikki92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months. I keep changing foundations but i always go back to this one!
This has amazing coverage and looks perf on my skin.
i don't know what people mean by it turned them orange, i haven't had that problem and i'm super pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by 525LHynes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I CANNOT believe this foundation is only $4. It feels light, doesn't cling to the flakes/dry areas on my face & lasted all day (in an office with air conditioning so there was very little exposure to the "elements.") The color range is limited, I'll admit, but even with my fair skin and persistent redness I was able to find something suitable for an everyday basis (for reference, I purchased the Warm Ivory because they didn't have any Ivory when I went & oddly enough, I thought the True Ivory was too dark. Also, I'm in denial about my paleness so I always tend to choose a shade or two darker!) The coverage is medium so if you're looking for full coverage you might want to look elsewhere because I think if you were to try and build this up it would start to get cakey. I didn't experience the same problem with oxidization as others have mentioned but, my skin is fairly dry so that might be the reason there. All in all, I'd say it was a very good purchase & I'd probably repurchase...if they don't release the Wake Me Up foundation in the US :/