Rimmel Clean Finish

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 1/23/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The top has a stick/makeup application attached, more approriate usage for placing on back of hand and then applying w/sponge, finger, etc. Aside from the fact that the color selection for this foundation isn't all the great, the formula is terrible. It oxidizes within a few hours of application and has a chemical smell to it. I've tried making this work with other foundations, and it's a definite 2 BIG thumbs DOWN. It will be going into the trash....

on 1/23/2013 10:38:00 AM

I bought this foundation because it was on sale at my drugstore for like $3. Which I was pretty pumped about since most are around the $8-$12 range. I should've known that this foundation would be extremely cheap and break me out like CRAZY. I loved the spatula applicator and loved the feel of this foundation. It matched my skin tone when I applied it, but I noticed that it oxidized very quickly. Rimmel foundations tend to do that :( Not to mention the zits on my cheeks and forehead from this stuff. $3 in the trash for me.

on 1/22/2013 3:42:00 PM

I am pleasantly surprised. This foundation has earned me many compliments. Being a makeup artist, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Make up forever HD, and several different Laura Mercier products for foundation usually(among others because I am always trying them out.) I have had my skin complimented on this foundation.... it's actually pretty impressive for a drug store foundation. I am not a snob and I will wear any makeup that delivers, whether it is cheap or expensive, but I have had more luck with high end foundations. On a whim, I purchased this one and tried it out. It comes with a spatula and is a gel-like consistency. It's very easy to apply and has a velvet to dewy finish, depending on the day for me. The biggest problem is that it is not true to the color you probably think it is. I bought the second to lightest one because it looked like it would match me the best. While applying, it blended, but ten seconds later it turned a shade or two darker. It also seems that they all appear to be a similar color in the store. Nevertheless, I just blend it down my neck and chest when I wear it and it looks absolutely fine. If you're on a budget, I recommend at least trying this foundation. For reference, I wear 117 in make up for ever HD, B10 in Chanel vitalumiere aqua, W2 in L'Oreal True Match and 150 in Revlon Colorstay, E or M 20 in CoverFX, and since I only use MAC for occasional under eye concealer, I usually mix NW15 and NW 20 to cancel out undereye circles. I will purchase the lightest one next time, although I may have to mix it with the one I have to get a good match.

I bought this product because of the great reviews that I read on here. I was so excited to try it out. The very first time I did, I really disliked it. I think the main reason why I dislike it so much is that it really oxidized on my skin....within seconds. The color looks like the right match for my skin, but once I blend it in, it looks awful and so orange. The texture is very nice and smooth and I really like the spatula applicator, but I just really hate how orange this product turns out to be. I think if it wasn't for that, this product would be really nice. I got the lightest shade, btw.

on 1/1/2013 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

recently i purchased rimmels clean finish look 100 % poreless foundation. i have large pores on certain areas of my face and wanted minimize the look of them without a pore filler. i wore this foundation twice and i have to say that i wasnt impressed. first, the color selection was very limited. i got the darkest color (420 warm sand) and it was still a bit light. it claims to give a 100% poreless finish while looking natural. when u first apply it, u have to work with it fast as it dries pretty quickly. the consistency is very thick which is ok for me. i personally do not like liquidy foundations. as far as coverage goes, it is medium. it is buildable so u will need to put on at least 2 layers to get full coverage. as far as poreless....no. it was ok when i first put it on but after about 20 minutes, it sunk into my pores and made them stand out even more. it also gave me a sort of cakey look on my large pore areas. when an item claims to minimize my pores, i expect a flawless look not cakey overall, this product did not do as it says it would do. i would not recommend this for people trying to hide minimize their pores and for those who want full coverage.

on 12/27/2012 4:07:00 PM

This formula is thick, almost like a creme foundation. People complain about the spatula applicator, but I like it! I finished with powder, simply because I like a dry, matte look, but it's certainly not necessary. Because I use powder, I haven't had a problem with oxidizing, so I can't really comment. Unfortunately for me, it was a little too thick for my skin and my pores were clogged by this foundation.

on 12/8/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Personally, I didn't like it. It comes with a spatula applicator that is so unsanitary if you put it on your face. It also turned my face orange, and I've got snow pale skin that it makes me look like an ompa-loopa. Not a good look.

on 12/6/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily and acne prone skin::
I'm really enjoying this foundation even though I must blott often. I find that the finish is quite nice, indeed. I mostly just blott excess oils with a tissue. I hate the look of powder over foundation on my skin (>_<)but I will sometimes use the lightest dusting of baby powder over my T zone. I haven't found a magical method for keeping the oiliness at bay, except I try to remember to apply MOM underneath. However, I can't really tell if it makes a difference every time.

I don't find that this foundation oxidizes through the day. However it darkens pretty strong as it dries. (Takes about 10 minutes.) So color matching was tricky for me. But its so cheap I don't mind if I need to pick up another bottle and mix the colors.

As I say, I'm acneic and also have a rough texture to my skin sometimes, and my favorite way to apply this foundation is with the Ecotools duo fiber kabuki, or with the #55 Sephora foundation brush (really soft and fluffy). I feel the foundation is thick enough that it lays quite nicely over my bumpy imperfections and large pores better than if I were to use a buffing brush.
Hope this helps.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
Very cheap price for a drugstore foundation
spatula

Cons:
unusual texture (like a thick gell)
smelly
not many shades available
VERY dewy finish, almost looks like latex skin; unatural-looking
oxidizes

I bought this foundation because it was on clearance for $2; just to try it out. I do not recommend it, at all. I have acne prone skin and this foundation was very difficult was wash off completely, i thought i did, unfortunately it still managed to break me out. It looked decent when i first applied it, after a few hours it looked horrible.

on 12/5/2012 6:05:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! I used to use the Stay Matte, until they discontinued it so I tried this one, and I love it even better! It is a light to medium coverage in my eyes. No cakeyness at all which is awesome! It looks natural, and the color matches me perfectly! I believe mine is in True Ivory. And this is so cheap. I got mine at Wal Mart for 3 dollars and some change. You can't beat it! The finish is not completely matte which I love as well. I definately recommend this! I am not a big fan of the weird spatula thing, I wish they would redesign the bottle with a pump. But I can look past the stupid packaging. :)