July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, another wonderful trio from WNW. All three shadows are softer and easy to apply. The browbone color is actually very sheer with fine milled shimmer. The lid color is of course the super star of this trio. It's a taupe with silver and a little purple -- I don't know how to describe it. It just looks wonderful in the pan and in my eyes. I love it more than Nutty.
The crease color has some gold glitter, but I found it quite matte when applied. Use it as definer. I have recommondated to many of my girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this trio! The shades are very pigmented and they're perfect for a natural smokey eye. It does tend to get everywhere if you're not careful but that's a small price to pay in my opinion. I plan on using it daily and also going back and buying a few backups! I'd recommend this to anyone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the price this trio is amazing. Like many others what pulled me in was the eyelid color which is a beautiful neutral purpley taupe. The crease color is a matte brown with gold sparkles which looks gorgeous for smokey eye looks. The browbone color is a really pretty pale pink, which is nice for everyday. Overall I love this product, the staying power is really good but the eyeshadows are very crumbly. I took one lippie off because I've had problems with the eyelid color getting in the other two. However I'm willing to overlook that based on the awesomeness of the eyeshadow quality and wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good shadows for daytime/everyday, they are very pretty and pigmented, and only $3. However, very tough to work with. It takes a lot of work to master these shadows, as they are very crumbly/powdery. But if you work hard enough the finished product is gorgeous. Not for beginners though, it's easy to mess this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by saharanights

Gives great smoky eyes! I use all the colors in this palette as they are all so lovely and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me just jump on the bandwagon here…got this on sale at Rite Aid for $1.29. How can you go wrong for that price?

I use concealer as my eye primer and this does not crease when applied over my concealer. Love the color, doesn’t “drop” below my eye when I apply it like a lot of other cheapie eye shadows.

Really, it’s so cheap you have no excuse not to try this! As others have said, be careful with it, it will crumble if not cared for!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I've dissed Wet n' Wild Icon eyeshadows in the past, but with this palette I finally get what all the excitement is about. I was lemming for the Nars Lhasa eyeshadow and heard that this palette had a dupe, so I figured for $3 what's the harm? It looks lovely. I took one point off for how delicate the packaging is. I packed it in my luggage on a trip and now the shadows are very powdery. Hard to keep it clean. But when I apply it on my lid with a brush it goes on buttery and soft. Very nice! I also found in the crease shade a dupe for my favorite MAC eyeshadow Smut! And I love the highlight shade, a lovely light pink that reminds me of MAC Orb! Anyway, great trio and yes, I am happy to finally get on the WnW love train.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by randers

Like all the other reviewers, I bought this soely for the eyelid shape. I was not disappointed; it is an amazingly creamy and pigmented taupe/lavender. I love it because it's got a hint of color but still neutral enough to be work friendly.

The crease shade is also very nice, but I was surprised by the lack of pigmentation of the browbone shade. It doesn't impart any color at all; just sheen. However, the other two shades are SO GOOD and the packaging is so compact that I'd still give it a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by dinoRAWRSyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Finally got my hands on this trio after reading and hearing so many rave reviews on it. I'm so glad I did! The colors are so gorgeous, and I am in love with the price. $3? Can't beat it.
The shadows themselves are a great texture and payoff. They feel pretty much buttery-soft in the pan, and the payoff is very strong and true-to-color in the pan. The only thing I would say in the negative would be that these might be a bit too soft; I feel like if I bump the case too hard they might break. However, the packaging seems decently sturdy, so hopefully they'll stay intact.
In terms of colors, I, as so many others, just had to give the eyelid color a try. It's a gorgeous pearl-finish greige-y, taupe-y, lilac-y color, and for me it's worth the price of admission for this palette. However, in my opinion, the other colors are lovely as well. I find that the browbone highlight is pretty much perfect for me; it's just a hair lighter than my skin tone, and the pearl finish just gives my eyes the perfect amount of lift (I also use it as an inner-corner highlight). I am a fan of the crease color, but I'd say it's the hardest to work with out of the three. It's a super-pigmented blackened brown with sparse gold flecks. This can work beautifully as a crease color provided you use an EXTREMELY light hand with it and tap your brush off very well. Personally, I like it better as a liner color.
Overall, W'n'W has impressed me once again with the high quality of their products and the amazing price. These colors are gorgeous, soft, and incredibly pigmented. A definite steal! I'll be repurchasing this trio again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another hit from WNW. The only complaint is the light browbone color, a peachy-pink, is so close to my skin color (or lacks enough pigment) that it barely appears, and it is so soft, there's tons of fall-out. However, the other two shades are excellent. I love the eyelid color, that silvery-lavender-brown thing...it's incredible. I find myself reaching for this one all the time.