April 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by saharanights

Gives great smoky eyes! I use all the colors in this palette as they are all so lovely and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me just jump on the bandwagon here…got this on sale at Rite Aid for $1.29. How can you go wrong for that price?

I use concealer as my eye primer and this does not crease when applied over my concealer. Love the color, doesn’t “drop” below my eye when I apply it like a lot of other cheapie eye shadows.

Really, it’s so cheap you have no excuse not to try this! As others have said, be careful with it, it will crumble if not cared for!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I've dissed Wet n' Wild Icon eyeshadows in the past, but with this palette I finally get what all the excitement is about. I was lemming for the Nars Lhasa eyeshadow and heard that this palette had a dupe, so I figured for $3 what's the harm? It looks lovely. I took one point off for how delicate the packaging is. I packed it in my luggage on a trip and now the shadows are very powdery. Hard to keep it clean. But when I apply it on my lid with a brush it goes on buttery and soft. Very nice! I also found in the crease shade a dupe for my favorite MAC eyeshadow Smut! And I love the highlight shade, a lovely light pink that reminds me of MAC Orb! Anyway, great trio and yes, I am happy to finally get on the WnW love train.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by randers

Like all the other reviewers, I bought this soely for the eyelid shape. I was not disappointed; it is an amazingly creamy and pigmented taupe/lavender. I love it because it's got a hint of color but still neutral enough to be work friendly.

The crease shade is also very nice, but I was surprised by the lack of pigmentation of the browbone shade. It doesn't impart any color at all; just sheen. However, the other two shades are SO GOOD and the packaging is so compact that I'd still give it a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by dinoRAWRSyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Finally got my hands on this trio after reading and hearing so many rave reviews on it. I'm so glad I did! The colors are so gorgeous, and I am in love with the price. $3? Can't beat it.
The shadows themselves are a great texture and payoff. They feel pretty much buttery-soft in the pan, and the payoff is very strong and true-to-color in the pan. The only thing I would say in the negative would be that these might be a bit too soft; I feel like if I bump the case too hard they might break. However, the packaging seems decently sturdy, so hopefully they'll stay intact.
In terms of colors, I, as so many others, just had to give the eyelid color a try. It's a gorgeous pearl-finish greige-y, taupe-y, lilac-y color, and for me it's worth the price of admission for this palette. However, in my opinion, the other colors are lovely as well. I find that the browbone highlight is pretty much perfect for me; it's just a hair lighter than my skin tone, and the pearl finish just gives my eyes the perfect amount of lift (I also use it as an inner-corner highlight). I am a fan of the crease color, but I'd say it's the hardest to work with out of the three. It's a super-pigmented blackened brown with sparse gold flecks. This can work beautifully as a crease color provided you use an EXTREMELY light hand with it and tap your brush off very well. Personally, I like it better as a liner color.
Overall, W'n'W has impressed me once again with the high quality of their products and the amazing price. These colors are gorgeous, soft, and incredibly pigmented. A definite steal! I'll be repurchasing this trio again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another hit from WNW. The only complaint is the light browbone color, a peachy-pink, is so close to my skin color (or lacks enough pigment) that it barely appears, and it is so soft, there's tons of fall-out. However, the other two shades are excellent. I love the eyelid color, that silvery-lavender-brown thing...it's incredible. I find myself reaching for this one all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by sahara64

Had to try this after seeing a YT review by EmilyNoel....and she was right! The crease color is amazingly pigmented...I'm so very impressed by all the WNW Icon palettes. Why spend $14 on one eyshadow from MAC, when literally, I have found the majority of these are sometimes BETTER! Yes, MAC has a much better selection if you are after a specific color, but the price? Can't be beat!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

The WNW palettes are incredibly amazing quality wise. Pigments are amazing, there's usually minimal fallout, and the shadows are just soft and buttery. I would NEVER have anticipated you could find such incredible quality, and fashion forward colors in the cheapest drug store brand out there (for the most part).
My favorite palette (until now) was Sweet as Candy, because the colors, they might not be jaw-droppingly different, create an unbelievable great everyday look that gives you a fresh well-rested look. I've seen all of the talk about the Silent Treatment and largely ignored it because I thought I had found "the ultimate" already. But the reviews, they kept talking about that eyelid color, and it was haunting me at night, because for $3, I should at least see what the fuss was about. So I caved.

At the store the colors look decent behind that cheap plastic top. But pop that top, and HEELLLLOOO, Mama! That eyelid color especially just looks so darn purdy... It's so hard to describe, it's like greige, I guess. It's grayish, taupish, lilacish. You put it on, and you can see all three tones in there. The crease is a super dark brown that shows some glitter, but I don't see any shimmer when I apply. It's super super pigmented, so I really have to want to spend time fussing with my makeup that day to even use as a shadow. I prefer to use it with my Smashbox cream eyeliner brush as an eyeliner. The brow color is a creamy pink that's almost nude, but adds brightness to the browbone, and blends with the lid color like a dream.

This is the best trio they have, even excluding the crease color. I'd pay $20 alone for that lid color. It's that incredibly awesome. You can layer it deeper and darker for a sultry night look, but you can keep it lighter and wear it all day, everyday, and know you look knock-out amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's become my most frequently reached-for item whether I want a daytime polished look or a dramatic evening look. Every shade in this trio is gorgeous. Other makeup addicts see me wear this and ask what it is...I love the reactions when I tell them it's Wet 'n' Wild Silent Treatment trio. The eyeshadows go on smooth and pigmented. The color lasts all day on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Silent Treatment is a palette that I'm likely to repurchase before I hit pan (after Jordana discontinued Lovely I got nervous and don't want to lose another favorite). Each shadow is creamy and easy to apply. The eyelid shade is a gorgeous taupe that reads silver/purple on my lids. I also really enjoy the highlight color which is a soft pink/peach. The crease shade is too dark for the full crease, so I use it in the corner of my eye and then buff it out into the crease for a light shadow. Silent Treatment is by far my favorite WNW palette.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No