Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 9/6/2012 10:34:00 PM

I like this trio and I would recommend it. My only caveat is that you do get what you pay for... colors look amazing for the first few hours but noticeably fade by evening, even with primer (I use UDPP). Good for day but I would wear something longer-lasting to go out.

hell yes i would repurchase. that purplish taupe is amaazing in this trio.
i have a bunch of shades similiar to this.. but this one is seriously amazing. Not just for the price, but these shadows rival high-end shadows for sure.

I wore this with Maybellines colour tattoo tough as taupe as a base. The taupe color on top as a lid color. Burberry's almond as a transition/crease colour, and the dark brown in this trio as the outer corner color.. and i love how it turned out. oh and mac's vanilla as a brow highlight and revlon's new cream stick color in torched as a inner corner high light.

i've been using this trio a lot since getting it.. which is honestly something i do not do often since i have so many eyeshadows as is..

highly recommend, and really, for the price, you just can't go wrong.

on 8/26/2012 1:01:00 AM

I'm so impressed with WnW lately. Silent Treatment has perfectly coordinated, well pigmented, wonderfuly textured shades. Can be worn day (definitely work appropriate) or night. Can be applied many different ways and not just how the packaging suggests. This is so worth however much it costs, which is already dirt cheap. Nothing but praise for this product! If you like Comfort Zone give this a try.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Magnificent!
This review is for those brand snobs. You know, those makeup junkies that will only use Chanel, MAC and other department store brands. You joke and say "Oh daaahling, my 10 year old daughter uses WnW." Well, I've tried a lot of department store brand shadows myself and I have to admit this trio can certainly play with the big boys!
Silent Treatment is a wonderful warm toned sultry trio. I adore the lid shade because it is a smoky warm grey with subtle shimmer. Most greys are cool based so I find this lid shade unique and very pretty. The crease shade is super pigmented. I only needed one light flick in the pan with my crease brush to accomplish two dark finished creases! The crease shade is a dark shimmery taupey-brown. The highlight shade is a light peach and matte. In my opinion, I feel this trio is a nice day to night neutral palette.

on 8/10/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like Mac eyeshadow, but I will buy drugstore brands. Actually I buy drugstore brands all the time, sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and sometimes I'm disappointed. I bought this product and was surprised because the eyeshadow isn't complete crap like most eyeshadows DS or HE. It does have a nice smooth texture, similar to some of my Too Faced eyeshadows. I will be honest and say for myself that I really only liked the taupy lid color. The other two colors are nice, but the highlight color is sorta light and meh. The darker crease color is just waaaaay to dark for me. I was able to control the crease color, but I hate colors that dark. I like to have some control over my eyeshadow and how dark it goes because I'm fairer and have small eyes. Dark colors like the crease color in this palette can get overwhelming on me quick so I depotted the shadows and through this one away. I think it would look great on skintones that are darker, deeper than my own or on someone that likes this sort of rich, deep color.

All in all this is a nice affordable eyeshadow palette. I will be buying more eyeshadows from wet n wild in the future! :)

on 8/10/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was shocked at the color payoff from this item.....it was buy one get one 50 percent off at CVS and I LOVE the looks you can make with this..will def go back and buy other shades. LOVE this

on 8/8/2012 5:37:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I originally love Color Icon shadows so much that I purchased this set thinking that all colors were created equal. I used the "lust" collection and loved it very much. This one is less soft, smooth, shimmery, and more dry and crusty. I ended up throwing it away. For the price, it isn't too bad even if it didn't work out. It's only $3-4 dollars. I can't use a single color in this collection. I think it's great that they include 2 types of applicator (the rounded cushiony type and sharp angled brush type). They break apart even though they only remain on my vanity table the whole time. Maybe I'll try another color set. This particular color set didn't work out for me.

on 8/5/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my go-to palette for an everyday or night time look. It is so versatile and can be used to create natural or dramatic looks.
I love every shade in this trio and it compliments each other soo well.
It looks great with monolids and all the shades have a great satin/shimmer to them which allows your eyes to look instantly more awake.
They are pigmented, smooth and very easy to apply. They blend effortlessly and no fall-out.
Great quality for the price and this is one of my all time favourites.

p.s. The browbone shade is a dupe for MAC's Naked Lunch. I own it and I can say they give the same effect on the lids and WNW deserves much love for this product :)

on 8/5/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this trio. The eyelid color is so pretty and very pigmented, and it's so soft with a creamy feel to it. The crease color is SCARY pigmented which is good but bad for beginners like me. All you have to do is tap your brush in the crease color (that's right tap!) The browbone color really doesn't do much for me since its pigmentation isn't that great. Overall an amazing trio, would purchase again and again.

on 7/31/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought several of these trios on sale. This was one of the ones I swapped away.

Why? Well....it just wasn't one of my favorites. The colors were pigmented and buttery, as expected with WNW, but just not for me. I have similar shades to the crease and lid, and this trio was getting no love. Plus, the crease shade is a little hard to work with.

It still deserves a 4 for its general goodness, but I will not repurchase.