November 28, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've mentioned how CG typically uses "synthetics" in most of their products, and as much as I love the color and texture of this new lipstick line, that synthetic aspect comes strongly into play in one big area: taste. No, I don't eat lipstick, but inevitably you're going to wind up licking your lips or drinking through them, and that's when you're going to find this lipstick has a very strong, very powdery/plasticky taste. The best way I've found to limit this effect is to use a good lip liner all over my lips prior to the lipstick, and then use as little lipstick as possible to get the color you want (I use a spot and blend technique). The colors are VERY vibrant, so I do this anyway when I wear the very bold Tempt 355 to work. The other shade I bought, Sweetheart 390, is more of a shimmery nude so it needs a bit more to come across (btw, layering 355 under 390 creates an absolutely gorgeous combo). Hopefully I'll get used to the taste over time because I really do adore the color these give (very true to the shade on the tube but I recommend looking at CG online for an even better idea and their suggestions for your specific complexion). They also glide on like liquid silk and do seem to make my lips smoother even after I take the color off. Lasts several hours w/out liner, maybe a couple of more w/, and seem to actually stain the lips just a touch so even after it's worn off you still have a tint of color (maybe it's just me, though). Bought mine w/ a coupon at the grocery store though I wouldn't mind paying full-pop (~$6) as they are so nice in color and texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have four of these lipsticks-Sultry 200, Romance 265, Divine 330 and Fairytale 405. I really like these lipsticks, there is a great range of colors. The wear time is average, about 4 hours. The texture is great and they aren't drying. I am definitely going to get more. I also love the packaging, it reminds me of Nyx Round Lipsticks with the color visible on the bottom of the tube. The tube itself is a shiny, light purple metal which looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Burn, Everlasting, and Precious. The formula is very rich and creamy, highly moisturizing, like a balm. The moisture lasts for hours even after the color fades, and the colors are very pigmented so they do last.

I am very impressed and happy with Burn, which is in the red category. It's a neutral red with undertones of brown and pink, and what looks like reddish golden bronze shimmer throughout. When I first applied it to my lips, it looked almost coppery red, but after a couple of minutes, it settled into a very pretty red flush with a pink hue. The bronze-gold shimmer was still there, but looked less coppery as time went on. It is definitely the most unique lipstick color I've ever worn.

Everlasting is in the mauve/burgundy category. I don't usually like mauve or burgundy colors, but Everlasting looks very natural, and it is also one of the most unique lipstick colors I've ever worn. It's a mix of red, pink, rose, and wine with shimmer. It looks extremely natural and soft on my lips, like a blush. It can be dark or bright depending on the light.

Precious, also in the mauve/burgundy category, has a lot of red and shimmer in it. I would call it a deep reddish pink. It looks extremely natural and very pretty against my pale skin.

Overall, the Lip Perfection lipsticks are absolutely amazing when it comes to feel and delivery; they act like lip balm and have the same feel as many department store brands. I do wish I liked more of their colors. Lip Perfection shades are so pigmented that most of them seem too intense.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the BEST drugstore lippies on the market. First let me say that I have not bought a drugstore lipsitck in over 10 years. I was skeptical but the word of mouth and the Drew Barrymore ads tweeked my interest. I am a bright lip wearing chic, I love my reds, hot pinks and orange lippies. My collection ranges from CHANEL in Paris (love), NARS in Funny Face (adore) and MAC in Vegas Volt (total rockstar)! So, I decided to dip my toes in CG Lip Perfection in FLAME (gorgeous) and Divine (just Divine). I love both colors equally. I purchased them at Walgreens buy 1 get one 50% off with RR so they were free! yay!
Flame is a tomato red Divine is a purplely pink both are gorgeous. These lippies are very hydrating, moisturizing and after a few hours they leave the most beautiful tint/stain on the lip. Ahhh, just gorgeous! I love the tint/stain these lippies leave. IMHO the stain is the cherry on top of the cake! You can either rock out the stain or smack on a gloss and WOW the look is fantastic!
I will be adding Spellbound, Hot and maybe a few others to my collection!
Way to go Cover Girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are my favorite lipsticks. I prefer them to my Elizabeth Arden and Clinique lipsticks, and they make other brands like Revlon look terrible. I have three of these: Heavenly, Spellbound, and Hot Passion. The colours are very vibrant and don't easily come off or fade. They stain your lips, so you can eat or kiss or do whatever you want with only a little touchup required later. I also love the colour range, although I won't be buying any of the mettalic/shimmery ones (personal preference). Totally reccommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Hot Passion (305) a few days ago and I absolutely love it. The color is a beautiful shade of red but I've found that one layer of it looks too pink (a rather unflattering neon pink), so if you're looking for a vibrant red I'd recommend two layers, maybe three. It stacks well so even if you were to put on a large amount it doesn't show, and as mentioned earlier it looks best if you do have multiple layers.

The color is long lasting and reapplications aren't needed frequently.

It does dry a little after thirty minutes but it's not too terribly bad, apply a little lip moisturizer and you're set.

I have a picture of it on my profile if you're interested. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bloodyfrida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these lipsticks. They're perfect for when you want some lasting coverage, but don't want to paint those very long lasting lip colors on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why they say these are super moisturizing? I find them very dry and almost powdery. The colors are nice, and they are long-lasting, but they feel like a long-lasting lipstick...dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ravia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Review for Lip Perfection - Feline 385
(I didn't know how to add a separate review for this particular colour)
I used the site's colormatch system so I chose Feline amongst quite a lot of choices and I am glad I did. It is a beautiful pearly colour, well pigmented and goes well with my pale skin tone and dark blond hair; surely not a blah colour. If I wanted a blah colour, I would go without lipstick! It would say it is exactly a couple or so shades darker than my lips.
The taste doesn't bother me as it has a slightly soapy smell which is nice actually.
I often get disappointed with pinks or roses due to their small pigmentation but not this time. Cover girl makes a quality lipstick and I recommend this colour for those who like shiny true medium pinks (not too blue) and who are neutral fair skinned as this can go either warm or cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE these lipsticks! I picked up a nice light nude color last week that I ended up loving so much that I grabbed two other colors today. The texture is wonderful - so lightweight and they don't feel like I coated my lips in wallpaper paste. They are super-moisturizing and long-lasting, and I love that they leave the tiniest stain behind on the lips so I don't have to worry that I'm getting that lipliner-no-lipstick chola look.
Who needs MAC? :-) (No, seriously, the one MAC lipstick I have [Diva] dries my lips out so badly and fades like crazy no matter what I do with it. This CG lippie stays on for so long!!)