September 21, 2014 | 2076 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by gethappi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coalface is incredible; provided: 1- you lather it up in your hands and do not directly rub the bar on your face. 2- if you plan on keeping this in the bathroom, keep it in a tin. I cut mine up into thin tiny bars. I actually prefer to use this in the shower! The activated charcoal perhaps? 3. moisturizing isn't a bad idea even for the most sensitive skin. I usually use sunblock instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is an amazing exfoliator for girls with very oily skin. It's also amazing for fighting acne. It leaves your face and skin squeaky clean. The scent is kind of boring but not offensive. The main ingredient is black licorice extract and this ingredient is well known for brightening as well as exfoliating. I love this soap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I was given a sample of this when I told the sweet LUSH worker that I had only skin. A little goes a long way - she gave me a decent chunk of it and it barely melts in your hands.
It's back which is kind of a turn off, and I'm not too keen on the smell, but it's a decent facial cleanser. It has a rougher texture to it, like little grains against your skin, so you have to be careful. It leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean, though, and smooth.
I can't comment on how it reduces oil because I only use it about once a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a 48 year old that still has extremely oily skin this soap has fast become one of my favorite daily routine items for skincare! We don't have a LUSH store in my state and I stumbled across this cleanser in the store in Seattle and am loving it. I love that squeaky clean feel it leaves me with in the evening before i use my nighttime moisturizer, my skin is radiant and glowing and the few little areas of concern I had on my chin are gone! I don't find it too drying for my oily skin and it leaves me clean & radiant. Definite repurchase!! Just wish we had a store here in OKC!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by lovelydiva

I've used it about a week and this become my fav facial cleanser. I have acne prone skin and oily/combo. This cleanser really controls my oil. Some ppl says it's drying..yep..the soap is only for oily skin if you have like dry or dry/combo skin this may not be the one. But for the ppl who suffer oil and break outs, this should be the one for you. It significantly reduced my break outs. I use two times a day. I feel nice, clean and soft everytime after i wash my face. I can see my skin looks more clearer and the skin texture changed. I used Grease Lightning after that. I just simply love this product..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I like the smell of it... I had to keep it in a soap container so it wouldn't melt or ruin the soap. For some reason whenever i use a face wash with "Coal" in it, It gets stuck in my pores and makes them noticeable. I liked it at first but now it's just a regular overpriced soap that makes my pores show.Will not repurchase...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by AprilEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for a couple weeks, and ended up not using it again.
My reasons?:

It's very drying, and I just found that it didn't work for my skin anymore!

I have now been using Lush Fresh Farmacy, and It's soo much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by defygravityelphie

I really, really love this cleanser. I love the smell, which I honestly did not know was licorice. I love the feel of my skin after I use it. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, and I usually have rather rough skin. After using this for only 3 days, I see a HUGE difference in the overall look of my skin. I like to take a facial cleansing brush (you can get one at Sephora for, like, 5 bucks), get it wet with warm water and swirl it around on top of the soap. Then I use the brush on my face, and it foams up really really well that way. If some of you are having an issue with the way the cleanser foams up, try it that way. That should make it way better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kamn

Bought this for my boyfriend who has very oily skin. He gets pretty bad blackheads due to oil so I bought this for him. It works fairly well, the blackheads are smaller in size but it hasn't cleared his skin up completely. I use proactiv so now he's using that in the morning and the coal face at night.
Love the smell even though I'm not a fan of black licorice, he likes it too because it's not girly.
It lasts forever which makes it a good deal.
I use it on occasion when I'm lazy but for me it's too drying to use often as I have combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was given a large chunk of this as a sample to try from Lush, and it's lasting me ages! I probably won't need to actually buy a piece for months :)

I use this in the mornings as I need a cleanser that I can use very quickly in the shower and that I can just rub on with my hands and rinse off. This does the trick. My skin can feel quite greasy first thing as I use a rich moisturiser at night, and Coal Face leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed.

It does feel a bit drying, but not so much that it's uncomfortable. I did have some breakouts before I first started using it which have now cleared up, but I'm not sure that Coal Face was the reason or something else. I like the smell, it doesn't smell like licorice to me, just earthy and rich. If it's still effective when I finish the sample I'll definitely buy another piece.