Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder

3.3

Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl glycol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/28/2014 2:02:00 AM

ugh. glitter. I wouldn't have bought this had I know. Good shade selection though!

on 2/18/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, and this makes my skin matte, but doesn't stay all day. Honestly, I put this on, and when I checked my makeup in my first class of the day, my face looked oily again. Not the best product if you have oily skin.

on 2/17/2014 2:58:00 AM

So I purchased this in 110 as I'm see-through and Porcelain is the lightest shade. But this oxidizes on me something fierce and after 5 or 10 minutes I look like I have a dirty brown mask on my face. It doesn't matter if I wear it with nothing else on my face or if I have the rest of my normal make up on, it oxidizes and makes me look like I lost a facial fight with a spray tan booth.

Pros:
Great shade match (i used porcelain 110) which is difficult to find.
Available in various shades.
Sleek square black packaging
Separate compartment for sponge
Did not cause irritation
No detectable scent (at least not to my nose)
Cheap (5 dollars and change at Walmart)
Light coverage

Cons:
BEWARE GLITTER! not slight shimmer but actual specks of glitter
Faded very quickly (even on my dry skin)

The glitter was a huge con for me. I spend my makeup life trying to avoid it and it shows up in a face powder. Wtf?!? It does not say it is matte so I did not expect a matte finish, but I also did not expect to look like a glitter ball. Also, it faded very quickly and my skin is dry so I would image this would be utterly useless on oiler skins. The coverage was light when used with the sponge. I actually liked the sponge. I would imagine it would be sheer when used with a brush. I really wanted this to work because I loved the shade, packaging, and price, but sadly, I found it to be glittery and rather useless.

I was not impressed with this powder. I have combination skin, and oily in the t-zone. While it didn't break me out, it did nothing to blot my oily skin, either. Within an hour of putting on the product, my t-zone was an oil slick.

I didn't care for the sparkly effect, either. Will not be repurchasing.

on 1/30/2014 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This does not take away my shine. Only good thing in the fit me line is the concealer.

on 1/18/2014 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product! I am part Australian/Chinese so it's had to find a powder that is not too pink or pastey looking. I am an actor so i go to auditions and need a powder that can be put on quickly, take away shine and still look natural and effortless. It wears really well and don't really find I need to reapply - altho i am not one to reapply if i go out shopping etc. I just use this one my T-ZONE as i get really oily and blotchy. I apply my liquid foundation and then concealer and finally set it with this powder. I love it- it's nothing to fancy and it keeps my skin looking naturally smooth.

The black powder box it comes in is great- opens with a mirror underneath the powder and a circular powder pad.

I got this on sale for $7.50 and want to get another one to leave in my handbag now :)

Really great for people who don't want something to heavy and just want the natural look.

on 1/18/2014 12:32:00 AM

I am a huge Maybelline junkie, and usually love everything they come out with- they're one of my favourite brands, drugstore or high end. But this product just didn't do it for me. I use powders to set & mattifying, so it wasn't a big deal that it was really low coverage. In store, I tested it and thought it seemed great- silky, just enough coverage, matte- and it was great for the first few days until I saw myself in direct sunlight... shimmer. Tons of shimmer. It's not noticeable in normal lighting but in bright light/sun, it's crazy. It makes oily skin like my own look even worse. However, if you have normal skin, this would probably by fine for you- but I'd still go with something else because honestly what's the point of shimmer in a setting powder? On a side note, I have to say I love the packaging! You get a decent amount of product, a puff (which I only use for touch ups) and a nice, sturdy, not cheaply feeling mirror.

on 1/11/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Last year, everyday for a year straight I wore this powder and had no issues with it. I hit pan 8 times and I repurchased it 8 times. Now that I am more open minded about other brands I realize there are better powders. For someone experimenting with powders I would recommend. I have normal-oily skin. My friend that has oily skin hates the product. So I think that it is more for normal skin then oily!

on 1/8/2014 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't recommend this product for those with oily skin. It only last on my face for about 15 to 20 minutes before I start looking like an oily mess. And the glitter in it does not help my oily face if anything it makes it stand out more . I would definitely not repurchase this. And I feel it was a waste of my money .