April 18, 2014 | 909 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Fit Me Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

I heard a lot of people say this was a very good drugstore concealer so I went ahead and picked it up. This was an okay product, it covers blemishes and imperfections but I feel like the consistency of this product is just, i don't know how else to explain it, but just greasy feeling on my skin. And also when used under my eyes, it looked gross and cakey, and it started to creasePerhaps it's just my skin type but that's just my experience with it. I seriously don't see what all the hype is about. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Bunnieskat

Doesn't really cover well. Creases under my eyes. Don't know what the hype is all about.. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Lilybet05

This is perfection in a bottle! Mans greatest concealer creation! Definitely worth the hype! Every beauty guru, including myself, has this. It's not too thick or too watery. The coverage is really great and easily covers zits, redness and under eye circles. There are loads of shades that would fit any skin color. The only problem is that I couldn't blend it very easy to my skin, some people might find it easier though. Love it! I won't be buying any other concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Maybelline FIT me concealer was my first ever face makeup product... EVER! I had bought it a few years ago in high school to cover my pimples. It did a great job, but then my skin cleared up and became perfect.

Years later, I broke out after having a bad reaction to a product. I was getting into more HE makeup so I decided to sample some concealers at Sephora. Some were great, some were mediocre, but all were too expensive IMHO, as I just wanted to cover a few pimples. Then I remembered my high school years with Maybelline FIT me.

I took a trip to Walmart and picked up a good ol' concealer in #25 "Medium" -- a perfect match for my NC30 skin. I realized then that this little $6-something concealer worked just as well as some double its price that I sampled!

FIRST OFF, the packaging is great. It reminds me of a lipgloss. What's great about this is that I can push off the product when taking it out so I can layer on the concealer to my content. It's easy to carry around as well.

Secondly, coverage is great: medium to full. After taking off excess product, I gently dab it onto my blemished areas and pat it in with my finger. Usually this is enough, but for some extremely red pimples I am able to build to full coverage. This color is an exact match, so it blends in perfectly. Unless you are staring straight into my pimpled areas, you actually can't tell I have pimples at all!

Third, no cake! This does not fall into my fine lines under my eyes and even after layering, it stays satin. It does not cake so I'm not sure why it has for others. I have layered this over my foundation (MUFE HD) and bare face w/ moisturizer and the finish is satin.

PROS:
- No cakey look, doesnt fall into lines
- Natural skin-like finish
- Blends really well **TIP** Pat in with fingers for best results!!
- Affordable and availability
- Pretty good staying power (4-6 hours before fade; best to use a setting powder)
- Buildable coverage

CONS:
- Color selection.. may not be great for darker gals

Honestly, for the price of it, this is a great product. I didn't know what a great find this was until I re-discovered it after really getting into make-up. The price is more than worth it and it functions extremely well. There are days where I use nothing on my face but this concealer because it works just that well to cover my dark eye circles, my blemishes/pimples, and even some awkward red spots I tend to have on my face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A friend with similar coloring as me recommended this and I must confess I thought she was crazy. I steer clear of drug store foundations and concealers as they're never olive-toned enough and I've found Maybelline to be particularly hard to color-match--but I'm eating my words now. I got this in "Sand" and it's the closest match I've ever found. (For reference, I'm NC35-40.)
This is a full-coverage, liquid concealer with a doe-foot applicator. While not the most sanitary, the applicator is nice given the liquid consistency. I use my fingers or a concealer brush for blending it in. For $6, I can afford to use this all over my face and I've actually stopped wearing foundation since discovering this. Just set it with a little powder and it's quite long-lasting.
I've heard that this is comparable to the NARS concealer with similar packaging. I haven't tried the NARS one, but if you're thinking of getting it, I'd try this first. The Maybelline version has the quality I'd expect from a much higher-end brand. HG concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this concealer! I bought it on a whim, just needing a good concealer to use for an event I had to attend. I think I got the second or third lightest shade, and it is still a little light for me, but it blends almost flawlessly. I have some acne and redness, and this doesn't cover it 100%, but it definitely mellows out the redness. I actually don't even use my foundation anymore because this does the trick for me. I just apply a little under my eyes, and anywhere that has redness or a blemish, blend out by patting, and I'm satisfied! It isn't very drying, and doesn't look cakey, or crease unless you apply it heavily. I definitely like it, so it's recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

I will give this marks for blend ability and for skin tone matching, but the coverage is mediocre at best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently finished up this entire concealer, and was very happy with it. For my NC30-35 skin, I used this in shade 025 (Medium Beige, I think?) When I was lighter, I mixed it with an even lighter concealer for my undereyes, and used it on my blemishes, while in the summer, I could use this on its own for just my undereyes. I absolutely loved the formula of this blush- it was creamy, light, and moisturizing. It gave me about medium coverage, which is fine because my circles are not horribly dark. It didn't quite last all day (probably about 5-6 hours on my oily skin), which is the reason I took off a lipstick, but it was so natural looking that I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Rubymm

I love this as a daily consealer it's so perfect and great for all skin types! It cover so well but keep in mind if you have a lot of darkness around your eyes or a really red pimple it MIGHT not cover it all but it probably will it just kinda depends on how intense it is! For an everyday consealer it's amazing and it also doubles up as a foundation and I actually think it could be better as a foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the quest to find my holy grail concealer -- I may have come pretty darn close with this one. I don't need a ton of coverage and this in 15 Fair seems to "fit me" perfectly. It has pink undertones, which is great because it brightens the eye area. I just dot this under my eyes and nose area and blend in by tapping with my ring fingers. I've also used this just over moisturizer and blended in certain areas for a light, on-the-go look. It worked great! I really like this concealer and use it every day. I don't put it on my blemishes because of the pinky tone -- so that's why it's not 100% HG -- but it's my favorite for now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No