April 20, 2014 | 1471 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Tazoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been through my fair share of foundations and never has one lived up to maximum cover. I have oily skin with acne scarring and this foundation works like a dream! The tiniest amount is enough to cover dark pigmentation, use sparingly or it may look cakey! The consistency is almost cream like but once on it doesn't feel heavy or mask like. HG foundation don't know where I was all these years!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by NatashaR

I was really excited to try this product- thought it would be a great match for my extremely oily, acne-prone/scarred skin. They were out of my shade at the estee lauder counter, so the lady gave me a 10-day sample. The first day I wore the foundation, I LOVED it. You really do only need the tiniest amount (even to cover all of my acne/scarring) and it seemed to apply really smoothly. The oil-control seemed good at first, but after a day or two I started getting oilier and oiler? Now, after a few days of using this product I have broken out in places I don't usually, such as my forehead and nose. Also made acne on my cheeks and chin worse, too. So disappointing because I was prepared to buy the full version of this product after reading reviews! Guess the search continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use in conjunction with my regular EL Double Wear foundation. I was hoping I could alternate uses and not use heaps of product, and this definitely has been the case, I only need the smallest amount of this. I apply with a stippling brush for the most natural appearance (wash your brushes immediately after use, because it will dry hard on them if you don't).

However, it does have a few notable differences to the regular DW. It's a lot creamier, and I find it is lightly less adherent as the day goes on. Maybe it's humidity where I live, but I find it does melt away a little, if I put my fingers to my face I can feel a slightly softer product. I usually set it with a translucent powder just to help wear length a little, but I think in a moderate climate you shouldn't have much of an issue with this.

It's shade range is limited, only five of them, which is a huge bummer. I sometimes mix a little with my regular DW shade to get a closer shade match for my skin. One thing I did find, and I'm glad I swatch tested a couple of times and got the SA to do a full face application before settling on a shade and buying, is that it darkens over time quite a lot on my skin. It's not really like the orange oxidisation you'll get on MAC foundations, more than it's a general darkening by a couple of shades within the first hour. I always feel weird applying this, looking at my way too pale face in the mirror, but I just have to remind myself it will darken and be the right colour by the time I reach work. I don't know if this is a problem unique to me, or if there's others who have experienced it, but definitely test your colour, and let it wear for at least an hour or two before you decide to buy.

This is miracle cover territory though, it's going to cover and stay, you probably won't need concealer, and you'll only need a small amount of product. Make sure you wash it off well in the evenings (when I wear this, I try to wash it off as soon as I'm able, plus I use a face cleasning brush to help remove it). I have found through experimentation that a good quality silicone primer really helps to lessen the risk of breakouts associated with heavy wear foundations (not just this one either). Without a primer, I break out badly, but with one, hardly ever. I also skip morning moisturiser to prevent breakouts and just use a good night cream.

Along with the regular DW line, this has seen a recent price drop from $68Au to $50Au, so it's definitely a lot more affordable than it was. It loses points for the limited shade range. The squeze top bottle lessens the risk of it drying out, and helps to dispense a small amount at a time, but it would be nice if it had a window on the side or back to see how much poroduct is left.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by stickynotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a luxury item for me. But really, a tiny amount goes a very long way. So in that respect, $33.50 is very reasonable. I bought this in Very Light (Revlon Colorstay in Buff for my color reference). It's more neutral than warm or cool. Pretty good match! The texture is really nice (goes on better than Revlon CS, but you still have to do a section at a time). I use my MAC 187 to lightly set my t-zone with powder (maybelline dream matte is nice for this). And, I don't need concealer under my eyes being I use this all over. I would suggest using over a moisturizer and primer as you will get the best results this way. May I suggest BE Prime Time? Then set your undereyes with a light powder like dream matte. Stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by RoxMcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive been using this for about two years now. It really is the most covering foundation which is easily available in shops. It has creamy, quite thixk texture but it easy to spread on your face and only little amout is needed. It gives quite dewy finish so i always dust a bit powder at the end. If prepped and powder properly can stay on quite a while. Problem is, any dry patches or flakes will be highlighted dramatically and if you have any wrinkles or lines it will settle in them too. Also it doesnt really merge with yoir skin so after after few hours it will melt and transfer on everything you touch with you face. And because of that it if you dont blot and powder it will rub off slightly.
Its great for night out cos it covers anything, all acne scars, blemishes, dark circles under your eyes and it doesnt have titanium dioxide which causes 'ghosting' on pictures.
To get the best results i blend it with some lighter foundation to get the cover without feeligs to heavy. Also to get the best shade match because colour range is quite limited. It also plays fantastic as a concealer or if darker shade than your usual foundation to contour your face.
To sum up, i would definitely buy this again cos it covers absolutely anything, last for ages and you can use in multiple ways: foundation over your whole face, blend with another foundation to create light yet covering effect, as a concealer or to contour. Also its good for all skin types ive got very oily skinf and i used on my friend who has dry skin with a bit of redness and it did a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing corrective foundation! I only use this as a spot concealer as my skin is not really that bad, but I do have pigmentation issues from previous blemishes that most foundations won't completely cover. You seriously only need a super tiny amount. This spreads out and covers beautifully. The most amazing thing about this product though is that it offeres outstanding coverage without being ridiculously thick and heavy. I used to use the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer but it became way too thick and cakey under my matifying foundations. This is also my favorite under the eye concealer because it covers all of the color issues and stays put all day.
Definitely recommend and would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. this is hands down the most heavy duty foundation/concealer i have every used. MAXIMUM coverage, applies beautifully on the skin. i used to wear this as a foundation but my skin has gotten a lot better so i try and save it just for concealer now. gives flawless coverage. can become caky pretty easily if you apply more than one layer, great for clubbing/partying though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sevbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect foundation for oily skin. It didn't break me out and stayed well after 8 hours (i even didn't set it with powder). It is heavy though. Also you need to apply it very fast. It will really cover all of your imperfections but you need to use a little drop of it. It'll be enough trust me. Otherwise your face will look so unnatural. I gave 4 stars because color range is so poor and awful. I had to buy dark one and it seems like a black mask on me. Now i have to buy another bottle (to mix them up) and this sucks!. So, obviously i'll buy it again yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have noted, this product goes on and sets very matte. In fact, I love it as an economical jumbo-tube of matte concealer! However, this means it's not exactly going to give you "skin-like" texture, and that's really not what it was designed to do. It's designed to cover and mattify and that's what it delivers. If coverage and tenacity are not your main concerns, don't buy this.
The only product right now that's miraculously able to correct tone, hide texture, stay put on oily skin, AND still look satiny and undetectable up-close is called "Wishful Thinking".
---
What this product CAN do is:
1. go on opaque where you have something to hide
2. set very matte so it softens and diffuses the visible texture of things like scars and spots
3. resist being broken down as quickly as other foundations on oily skins
4. feel relatively lightweight on the skin
---
Main cons to this are the tiny range of shades and the fact that you need to work fast because of the speed that it sets.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ahtnamas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is awful, thought I would ride out the break outs this foundation gave me but its just gotten worse! Definitely is not a non-acnegeneic product and I would not recommend for people with acne prone skin. Rip off is all I can say it has completely ruined my skin!