October 25, 2014 | 1176 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by arbyscurlyfries

I use this mascara everyday and do not plan on using a different kind ever again! It makes my eyelashes volumized and long, that I do not even need to curl my eyelashes anymore. The wand could be a bit more sturdier, but for $6 it is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been trying various mascaras recently because I feel like I just havent found the HG mascara for me.

After using this for a few weeks, Im quite impressed. It coats really well & quick, builds up extremely well & lasts all day/night without any problems. Sure, its not waterproof so tears & perspiration or rubbing will cause it to "run" smudge but thats the price you pay for not buying waterproof.

I have this in the "satin black" version which is versatile & does what its supposed to.
    Overall I would recommend this product. I like the rubber applicator as opposed to a brush & I like that it doesnt smell overtly weird.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by CarlaGonzalez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite mascara at the moment and I even get complimented or asked what mascara I use! Now I have been blessed to have pretty long, dark, thick lashes that just go straight down and I always have a problem with it never holding a curl and clumping. Even with my lashes I still go for a longer dramatic un clumped look. This mascara does not smudge , clump or takes out a curl! I love it. The mascara really lenghthens my lashes and really separates them one by one like the name! It holds the curl all day and really defines and makes them pop and visible. The formula is kind of dry for my liking. However I would re buy this once I get the chance and run out. It's my everyday mascara and never fails me. Even with my watery eyes :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Badbrains

I gave into the hype on this one. I mean, I heard so many people saying this was a HG product of thiers, I just had to try it! I was super excited to take it home, but when I opened it up, things went down hill from there. when i first opened it, it had such a strong smell that I got a bit of a headache. I could smell it when drying on my lashes for the first week. The first week it applied nicely, but it quickly started to get dry and thick, and had a creamy texture to it. (I prefer wetter mascara) I dont have thick lashes, which usually isnt a problem, but for some reason, it made my lashes look very sparse. No, it doesnt clump, and it seperates very well, but when I applied more than one coat, it flaked horribly after about a few hours.
    The packaging was another problem. The wand is a nice shape, but each bristle only has mascara on one side of it, the side that faces down into the bottle. It doesnt coat my lashes the way I want it to. Also, the stopper that takes off the excess product keeps slidding out of place when I open it, so mascar gets all over the tube and on my hands. I have to fix it every time I open it. This might be why each bristle is not fully coated.
    Maybe I bought a faulty tube, but i dont want to risk buying another tube of this disaster to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

love it. best mascara I've used so far and curls my straight Asian lashes so well

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One by One is a decent mascara as long as you don't mind a slight smell of roses when applying it (but it doesn't linger). It didn't bother me, but some people might be sensitive to smells.

I actually really like the brush - rubber bristles and it's shaped oval like a football. It makes it easy for getting into the corners of your eyes. What I don't like is the wand. My lashes are thick, and the wand bends, so the brush doesn't comb through my lashes like it should. Even trying to wiggle it through my lashes doesn't work. Also, I didn't have any problems with flaking or smudging.

I won't repurchase, but I think this mascara would be fine for someone who has thin or sparse lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I LOVE this mascara! Separates lashes really well and makes them look super long

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this so far. It gave me a fanned look to my lashes without me curling them with an eyelash curler, which is awesome, I always love mascaras that give me a bit of curl. It also does live up to what it claims to do, which is deliver clump free volume. I love how if another mascara gets my lashes all clumpy, I can go over it with this mascara and brush, and all the clumps are gone! I've had a problem in the past with Maybelline mascaras drying up after a few months and getting all clumpy on me, so I really hope this doesn't do that. So far, it's great! If you're looking for a mascara that gives you natural looking voluminous curled lashes, then this is the one for you! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by AsianWonder805

Well the formula and bottle and everything was great except the wand. It's a really bendy wand and sometimes if you already have thick lashes it'll just bend and smudge around your eye with product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although my lashes are long and decently thick and hold a curl with ease, I am realizing I am a mascara snob. I find myself noticing and then staring at the clumps and imperfections in peoples' mascara, so I'm paranoid that the roles ever be reversed. For some reason the mascara chapter in our makeup routine seems to bring out the OCD perfectionist in all of us hahahaha, and I am quite picky about my mascaras. This formula is much wetter than my other favourite mascaras (L'Oreal Voluminous Millions, CG LashBlast in Fusion and Length) , but the brush allowed my heart to be won. This mascara separates my lashes beautifully without sparing length, creating drama and OCD-approved eyelashes. And in one coat to boot. I am a brown mascara fan but the formula is black enough to satisfy the black mascara lovers. Only con is the gaudy packaging, but there are definitely worse mascara tubes in my drawer.