April 19, 2014 | 1804 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only foundation (mineral and liquid) that keeps me matte all day! No shine or oiliness at all. Looks natural and feels light.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really hard to blend :( And I don't like the packaging either...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by dogbean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is insanely full coverage and makes your face even and matte. kind of feels like a mask and it has a strong scent which irritates my eyes :( Really good product to last entire day but wayyyy too cakey. This is a godsend for acne breakouts as it covers all but is hard to remove....vicious circle!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bravin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Revlon 24hour Colorstay Carmel foundation for almost 8 to 9 years. During the latter part of last year I noticed that my foundation was not doing what it use to do. The make up was now super thick, it felt like I was wearing a clay mask, two hours after putting it on it would turn like a grayish color, it now was not controlling my oily skin and it now was getting on everything. Where did the so call Stay go ????? I thought that the product was defected, so I went and bought another one. This one did the same thing, so I contacted Revlon to see if anything had changed. They told me that the product had not changed and maybe I should try another bottle on them. I did so and shortly after that my skin felt like it was on fire and it started turning red and black. I stopped using the product and I went ahead and set up an appointment with a dermatologist. Before I could get to the dermatologist Revlon called me back and left a message on my voice mail. They stated that the ingredients in the product had changed. I knew that something had to have changed in their formula, because I had been using the same skin soap and moisturizer for just as long as I had been using the Revlon 24hour Colorstay Carmel foundation. Once I went to the dermatologist, I found out that I had a chemical burn on my face. I did send all of the results to Revlon along with over a years worth of receipts to show that I was indeed a loyal customer. My face is still healing. I have lost lots of faith in Revlon, their foundation and the way they handle their loyal customers.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by belensanjuan

I'm in the shade NC30-35 for reference and I use the shade Warm Golden for this foundation. I've tried quite a number of liquid foundations from high end brands (MUFE, MAC, Clinique) but this right here is a winner! It doesn't break me out, it makes my skin look so naturally flawless, and it doesn't cake!

I use this with a flat top kabuki brush to blend it into my skin (be sure to blend it with the brush as soon as you put the product on your skin because it dries out quickly) and I use my banana powder to set it. I get a bit oily on the t-zone area in the middle of the day but nothing a blotting paper or tissue can't fix. I don't even retouch throughout the day.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. I hope it comes with a pump or something. It's really hard to get just the right amount of product with this packaging.

Nevertheless, this product is absolutely one of my holy grails! I'm using my 3rd bottle already. And believe it or not, it costs only $10 in Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by PinkMacQueen

I LOVE this foundation... I use this everyday. When Im in public people tell me how great my makeup looks and my skin is beautiful. I apply it first on the back of my hand and use a flat brush to apply on my skin all over. I let it dry and then I blend it with my fingers because I feel skin to skin helps blend out your foundation. The ONLY downfall of this is I wish it had a pump .. OH and I also love to get two different shades and mix them up and it matches my skin perfect !!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought countless bottles of Revlon Colorstay over the years and I've finally decided to stop repurchasing it. With the new formula, I don't like it as much anymore. Although it is more sheer, I think it's still enough coverage for me. This used to be my HG drugstore foundation, but I like Almay TLC better (and it has a pump!)

The packaging is really inconvenient that there's no pump, especially because it's so thick. The most recent bottle I've gotten of CS, I held the bottle upside down and it was so thick that nothing even came out. I'm not sure if it was a defective foundation or it was just the new formula, but I had a friend that owned CS too and she agreed that it was far more thick than the old ones we both had. Also, the smell for me is too overwhelming. The only way I can describe it is that it smells like floral paint or old perfume mixed with paint. Not something I want to put on my face anymore.

Revlon CS does have a lot of shades, but I find that the color matches lean towards pink quite a bit. I found it difficult to find a shade that matched me perfectly (I have olive/yellow undertones). Even golden beige was too pink for me. It also sets really fast so you have to be quick with this foundation! It does give a "mask" like feel, but it depends how much you're putting on and what you're using. Using a Beauty Blender did sheer it out quite a bit, but using my Sigma F80, it was thick and mask-like and not natural by any means. It did look like I had foundation on unless I used MAC's Fix+ to make it look less thick.

Also, a warning for acne-prone people: you have to be very, very careful about taking this foundation. It does stay on for a LONG time. If you don't take all of it out, I found that it does clog my pores on my forehead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I tried this product since I've been needing a pale and full coverage foundation.
    It is very pale which is good, not many companies make a pale foundation, there is no orange tinge in the lightest shade.
    It isn't full coverage like some people say - I have very light freckles and it doesn't cover those completely they still peek through, so you'll need a concealer if you have any acne scars or blemishes.
    By the end of the day wearing this, it goes very flaky and dry, I have normal skin I don't have any oily areas or any dryness, you'll need to wear a moisturizer and primer is a must with this, to prevent it flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Ksmith1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging SUCKS! Now that i got that out of my system I'm gonna say this is better then foundations i bought for prices ranging from $20 to $50! My skin is really oily and i needed a new foundation that was cheaper then the Clinique even better and the Clinique oily skin series which is what i had been using. The foundation is great i really love it and I'm so happy i bought this. This is well worth the price and i just use it with a damp sponge and I'm all set. I would definitely buy this again. I just hope the add a pump, it would be sooo much easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Bought this last summer and at the time i was looking for a medium coverage foundation. I first used it with a regular foundation brush and liked the results. It wasnt cakey, it blends nicely, one thing i didnt like a lot was that i felt that the texture was too oily. Not sure why... I picked the foundation for normal to combination skin. I used it a few times after that but never used it again after that summer, its still laying around somewhere in my makeup drawer.