October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Isobelbabe

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. Somedays it completely makes my skin glow and look flawless and other days it irritates my skin. I'm not buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

This is a nice light-to-medium coverage foundation - like a little more than what you'd expect from a tinted moisturizer. The lasting power is more than I expected from the texture going on; it actually lasts the day quite well and doesn't get greasy looking. I liked this a lot during the winter on days when I was too lazy to moisturize and knew I'd regret it ;) I also liked it in the summer when I had already applied a heavy sunscreen but something lightweight to even out skintone. Doesn't settle into lines or irritate.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Blondie0907

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really didn't care for this foundation. I tend to go for foundations with a little more coverage, this reminded me of a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very sheer and even with setting with a powder it made my face pretty shiny only a couple hours after putting it on. For the packaging, it's pretty cute and easy to just squeeze out the right amount that you need. But I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin or if you want any coverage..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This foundation is not good. The staying power is horrible, even with primer. It makes my face so so so greasy it's disgusting. It hardly has any coverage as well and feels so sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was so pleasantly surprised by this foundation!!!!! I bought it on a whim, and because the packaging is adorable. My acne scars are almost non existent since starting my skin care regimen, so I've been looking for something with sheer coverage but will still even out my skin tone. Not to mention, my whole body is dark, but my face and neck manage to stay 100 times lighter (annoying), and I didn't want to look like a ghost. I'd recently been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum, but it is so heavy, and looks masky!!!! I'll still use it for photo shoots and going out, but NatureLuxe is my new hg!!! It evens out my skin tone and looks liek a second skin. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, and looks like I'm wearing nothing. I haven't even used primer with it, and it doesn't accentuate pores, transfer, or melt off my face. The lasting power with no powder over it, for me, is about 8 hours. The only two complaints I have are these: It can look blotchy if applied certain ways, but that's what tutorials and different tools for application are for; and the packing- Though adorable and sanitary- makes it hard to tell when product is running out. Other than that, I'm in love, I use shade 360 (nutmeg), it is a tad red for my olive, yellow undertoned skin, but you can hardly tell unless I point it out. I've yet to find a perfect match HE or LE, but, hey, this is a reallllly close back for only about $10. Very pleased with Cover Girl, which is rare, will continue to repurchase for as long as Nature Luxe is around. =]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ifallingforyou

This product overall is very good, it gives good coverage. But sad thing is they didn't have my skin tone color, so I have to get 2 different colors and mix it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE:
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THEY ARE DISCONTINUING! WHY COVERGIRL?!?!?!? WHY!!!! I JUST FOUND THIS LOVELY MAKEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone knows of something similar to this, please tell me.
    **********************************
    Overall Rating: 4.9/5
    SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, super sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
    PRICE: $9-12 US Dollars, which I think is reasonable for this foundation
    COVERAGE: I know a LOT of people complain that this does not provide an adequate amount of coverage. As for me, I feel less is more. Healthy looking skin does not always mean you have to cover all your flaws. Embrace them and add a healthy glow! Anyway, I feel this is a light-medium coverage. It conceals most of my scarring and redness, and blurs my active breakouts.
    FINISH: VERY natural. I would not call it “satin” or “dewy”. It honestly just looks like skin, which I absolutely love!
    TEXTURE: When they say “liquid silk”, they really mean it. Its very soft and blends seamlessly into my skin.
    SCENT: Yes, I find it to be quite lovely. Smells very fresh and cucumbery!
    SPF: Yes, 10
    LASTING POWER: This is the only department this foundation seems to fall a bit short... For me, lasting power (topped with powder) is about 6-7 hours, depending on the weather. I do have to blot quite a bit, but I don’t find this “slides” off my face or makes my oily skin any worse, but it does not mattify. The thing is, it does not set by itself at all. So it needs to be topped with powder.
    SHADES: I got this in 325 Sandstone, which is the most perfect match in the history of all matches. I think that this foundations provides a great shade range! They have very light and very dark. And because of how bendable and light this foundation is, it adheres to many skintones.
    DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: QUITE THE OPPOSITE! When I put this on in the morning, then take it off at night, I notice a HUGE difference in my skin.It looks more even and radiant all on its own. I have no idea why this is happening, there aren’t any ingredients that are harmful OR would seem helpful to healing acne. But it does.
    PACKAGING: I bought this for the packaging… >.< Yes, I AM A SUCKER FOR CUTE PACKAGING! But not only is it cute, but sanitary. The squeeze tube makes it easy for me to just dot the foundation all over my face then blend.
    WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Oh very yes. Already planning on it!
    FINAL VERDICT: I know this foundation has sort of so-so/ bad ratings, but please just give it a shot. I love this so much, I have never loved a foundation more. Its clearing my skin up so much I actually feel comfortable leaving the house without foundation! I have never been able to do this before! I have tried almost every foundation out there! Just take a look at my reviews! I have tried 35 foundations! High AND low end. And this beats them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

this is by far my favorite foundation! i've tried several and this one is comparable to Armani's silk foundation. it is so lightweight and it covers like a very heavy foundation would, but it leaves your skin looking so natural. it has a very light, clean scent to it. most of all, i love that it is made with natural ingredients and has sunscreen in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Dayse1274

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm typically not one for drugstore makeup, especially when it comes to foundation. However, I received a coupon for a free bottle when Cover Girl first launched this line. I decided to give it a whirl and I've been hooked ever since! I love how light the foundation feels, as if I'm not wearing makeup at all. A little goes a long way too as I think I'm only on bottle #2 or #3 in over a year's time. I do wish the coverage was a little better, but for the most part, I'm very satisfied and would recommend to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by IzzieG3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up a container and tested it by just putting some on my forehead to test color and how long it lasted.
    After a couple hours, it sort of slid off. When I wiped off everything, I had the worst acne ever. I normally don't get acne, but my forehead was soooo red and bumpy. And it hurt. It took a week to finally clear up my forehead. I can safety say I'm never buying this product again.