December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Body Scrubs - Fresh - Brown Sugar Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 9:24:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

My husband buys this for me every time we visit Sephora in Florida.
It is very expensive considering there are so many different scrubs out there.But if you think of it, you don't need to moisterize so it is like two products in one. (though it's not something you would use every day). I use about once a week. I like the smell and it makes skin so smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2004 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ElizabethLea

BLISS! NIRVANA! GIMMIE MORE! I have a long history with scrubs. Salt Scrubs, Dry Scrubs, Citrus Scrubs, blah blah blah. This feels fantastic when I use it, it leaves my skin incredibly soft. Its expensive and when Ifirst bought it, I used too much and it went too fast. The trick is to mix it up so that the oil get dispirsed through out and then use a small amount - a little really does go a long way. I keep a jar in the shower and when I go away, I always take travel packs with me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great scent. Dumb price. Totally overrated. Plus, the material is so goopy and sticky that it can actually clog the drain in the shower/tub. Not worth it. Skip.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by killerbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this is a bad product, but it's ridiculous to pay $60 for this. I got this as a sample with my Sephora order. The sugar grains are very large so it's a pretty rough scrub, It does leave a good amount of oil on you, which some people love and some people hate. I liked it, I didn't need to moisturize later. I agree with the other posters who said that lemon scent for a brown sugar scrub is strange. I wonder if you could recreate this scrub with Sugar in the Raw, unscented bath oil and some lemongrass essential oil. In any case, this hardly seems worth the hefty price tag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If this scrub was not priced out of the stratosphere, I'd give it 5 lippies. The damned price being what it is, I'm overly generous for giving it even 3 lippies. It smells wonderful (until you rinse it down the drain!) and leaves the skin soft. But really, it is not worth $58 (USD) for the good smells and softness. I haven't encountered anything that you rinse down the drain that is actually worth that kind of money, folks. At $20 this would still be a luxury item, but a more affordable luxury. At $15 Fresh would be selling this stuff like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 10:49:00 AM More reviews by FUNHolly31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scrub so much! I buy it for myself on my birthday every year- too expensive for anything else! It's a nice treat to myself. I think it smells like heaven and leaves me so soft I don't need lotion even in winter. Too bad it costs so much....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2003 12:02:00 AM More reviews by scc79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so pricey but I love it. It took me several months to finally plunk down sixty bucks for this scrub, and I only did it after I tried and returned less expensive scrubs from origins and philosophy. For me this is worth the big bucks. The smell is to die for, it leaves my skin so soft, smooth, and heavenly scented. Normally my skin gets kind of dry and flaky in the winter, but this stuff just smooths over the roughness. Love it and highly recommend. But do try before you buy because previous reviewers are right - there is a lot of oil and some people might not like it. I happen to prefer the oil formula over a more solid scrub like gingerbread man.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2003 8:47:00 AM More reviews by jackieks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the Sugarbath line, and got a sample of this. It was divine and I decided to fork over the high price to get a jar of the stuff. Unfortunately the jar is about 1/3 oil floating on top. I'm really disappointed. The sample "travel" packet was much less oily. The photos shown of the product show a nice, drier substance (like the packet was). Instead I've got a runny mess that is just plain nasty. I never even use it due to the oily mess on top. I've tried pouring the excess oil off, but more works its way up. I wouldn't pay more than about $5 for this stuff. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2003 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kleighb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to try this scrub after hearing raves about it in magazines. I scrub daily, with numerous different brands of scrubs. The price tag on this one is steep, but it is incredibly moisturizing and provides just the right amount of exfoliation. It also has a wonderful fragrance. I would definitely buy it again, but probably on Ebay where I can get it at a discount. Sure, you can make your own scrub for much less, but finding the right combination of oils that is "just right" isn't as easy as it might seem, so sometimes it is easiest to leave it to someone else!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 3:47:00 AM More reviews by arabelle

A total and absolute waste of $58! It is nothing but really coarse brown sugar, fragrant oils and preservatives. There is no way that this amalgamation should cost this much. Better to save your hard earned money and do what I do once a week--mix some sugar with lemon juice (baking soda if lemon is too irratating for your skin type) and exfoliate before taking a shower. My home-made concoction never fails to elicit comments about how silky my skin feels