September 19, 2014 | 1577 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by prissychris

I love this! It really makes your make up look less cakey. The price is really a steal. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! It really helped keep me from getting oily and it kept my makeup looking nice for a whole school day without needing touch ups (I have combo skin)! I will definitely repurchase and it everyone should try it. It's so inexpensive and Really worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by cristy0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say it's helped me control oil but my makeup stays on longer. I'd always have a problem with the powder on my eyebrows wearing off and with this spray they stay on 100%!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by cheepir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I first purchased this about a year ago, but saw no difference when I applied it. I guess it was also because it was winter time, so my makeup stayed on fairly well anyway.

I recently started using this spray again to combat the summer heat, and to my disappointment I started breaking out like crazy! I got some small, angry little whiteheads and one or two big pus-filled pimples, including areas where I don't usually break out - chin, forehead near the temples.

Too bad though, because I honestly felt the difference the spray made during summer. I blotted less (I usually blot twice or more a day) - only about once a day, and at the end of the day instead of looking like all my foundation was gone, my face still looked fairly good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product popped my mist setting spray cherry and I dont regret it!!
I love this product!! Super cheap and does the job well!! My makeup NEVER melts off if this is on my face! Also, it makes glitter eyeshadows stay on all day long with NO fallout!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by rosiebum

This product was my first facial mist/makeup setter, and it has encouraged me to explore this area further as it was a fantastic product. In conjunction with a primer, this mist helped my makeup stay in place all day, as well as control oiliness. It doesn't really have a smell either, which is good. The only bad thing I have to say about this product is that it's more of a spray than a mist, which can sometimes hinder application. I've made it work for me by spraying it a little further away from my face to get the mist effect. I would definitely repurchase this product, as for £3.75, it is a perfect introduction to makeup setting mists (especially for those who don't want to fork out for Urban Decay!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

This is inexpensive and great!
I use this to spray all over my face after I put on all my make up. (I use Mac prolongwear concealer and the neutrogena mineral sheers powder foundation). Sometimes after I finish my make up, my skin can look flaky or powdery. I have EXTREMELY OILY SKIN. Like, you could fry an egg with all the oil that my skin produces...its disgusting. Usually my blotting sheets turn completely clear and I have to use 2 :/ (if any one has any thoughts on how to control oil please let me knowwwww). That being said, the flakes are there because I use an acne treatment at night and it leaves certain spots flaky...yet, my skin still produces a ton of oil. Confusing, and annoying.

I used to use the Urban Decay Makeup setting spray De-Slick. I found that this E.L.F spray works just the same for me. The E.L.F spray is $3!!! compared to the Urban Decay one for about $30. Both sprays didn't control my oil that much, but its better on than off. They both help my make up last longer. The WONDERFUL thing I love about the E.L.F spray is that when my face is super flaky (after I put the powder on), the spray leaves my face looking smooth and not flaky. I don't know how it does it, but it leaves my skin looking great.
Through out the day my skin does get oily again, but I do really like using the spray to help a little bit.
The only con that I have is that I wish the bottle was larger. I use this everyday so I go through a bottle pretty quickly. Looking to get backups cause they are so cheap. Overall, didn't break me out, and is super cheap if you're just looking to test it out :D

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

All in all, not great. I believe this was given to me as a gift with some other elf products, so I can't complain about wasting my money, but it did almost nothing for me. It doesn't deliver a super fine mist, so it feels like you're drenching your face, it smells bad, it's pretty much just water, it made my makeup look darker, even when dry....the only pro was that it made my face look a little less powdery. Nothing amazing at all. I think this is just kind of a "you get what you paid for" product. It may work for some, but I don't see any real payoff from using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by theblondlife17

I can't even tell you how much I love this product. I'd been seeing it at Target and ended up just getting it. For the price, even if it sucked, it's only three dollars right? I was SO shocked to see how much I loved this one. It feels so refreshing and makes your makeup last very long. Sometimes I use it right after I've used my foundation and powder, other times after I've done all of my makeup. Fan-freakin-tastic makeup lovers...This is a must buy!

Pros:
-Great Price (3 Dollars)
-Refreshing
-Keeps Makeup In Place

Cons:
*Crickets*

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by ShannonGeary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff works nicely. For the price you can't expect too much. It leaves my skin looking nice and dewy for a longer amount of time than if I don't use it. You obviously can't spray it too close to your face or too much or you will get water drop-lets. I would defiantly suggest this for a low end misting spray!