Clinique Different Lipstick - Tenderheart

4.2

castor seed oil - cendelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)

on 10/6/2009 9:23:00 PM

I really like this. The color works well with my light olive skin and dark hair. It is a good neutral. It is a brownish red on me. It has to be reapplied just as often as other lipsticks but it doesn't dry out my lips. I have bought this many times.

on 9/29/2009 9:04:00 PM

Blah, boring color. No color payoff, my natural lips have better color with lip balm. Don't waste your money. Just wait for GWP.

I give a 5 star rating because the quality is there. However, there are too many inexpensive alternatives. And the color is great if you like browns with a hint of pink. But this will not liven or brighten your face up if you are pale with warm/yellow skin tone. I am MAC NC15ish for reference but with a lot more yellow. Mehhh. Will not repurchase.

on 9/29/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm actually not entirely sure how much this costs, because I don't think I've ever paid for it, just gotten it in GWPs. But I love it. If they stopped giving it away I'd definitely buy it. It's a great daytime shade and I always try to have one knocking around in my desk and my bag for when I need lipstick. It's a great neutral shade that's great for daytime.

on 9/19/2009 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lipstick has a bit too much brown for my cool coloring, but it has a natural shade and a nice finish. I received this as a GWP some time ago and probably wouldn't repurchase in Tenderheart, but might consider other shades.

on 8/20/2009 4:29:00 PM

This was another GWP for me, as I wouldn't have tried it, based on the brownish tone in the tube. I'm writing because so many said it was great on *everyone*. On me, it looks even more brown than in the tube, and brown anything is never good on me. Within the "Different" line (oh so smooth), Bamboo Pink is far better for me, with a pretty pink shimmer, even though in the tube it has a slightly dark hue. So all I'm saying is if brown is not good for your skin tone, try Bamboo Pink to see which is better for you. Will not repurchase.

on 8/3/2009 3:14:00 PM

This is a great color to have around. It doesn't have a huge color payoff, more of a natural but better look, which is always good to have. It's a neutral pinky-brown, not to light, creamy and a little glossy. I use it mostly on days when my make-up is not too "done", when I am in a hurry. Feels nice on the lips, doesn't dry them out. Just a good, basic, nude-ish lipstick. I have purchased it more than once, I am sure I will purchase it again.

on 7/13/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This has to be my third favorite lipstick of all time (Guava Stain is #1, Pink Chocolate is #2). It is a really nice nude shade on my fair skin. I like the natural look, so this is one of my go-to shades that I find myself reaching for more often than others. I really like the Clinique line of lipsticks, their colors just seem to work for my skin tone much better than any other brands I've tried.

on 6/27/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Wow, this is certainly a classic. This was my first ever lipstick purchased. I haven't used it in awhile but I do remember that I loved it back in high school...10+ years ago.

on 6/27/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This gives me that "my lips but better" look, which I LOVE because I'm always in the mood for a more dramatic eye. I wouldn't say that it gives my pigmented lips a "nude" look, because it makes them pinker. I also love this because it's not like your traditional lipstick. It's stuck somewhere between a lipstick and a moisturizing gloss. This looks beautiful alone or with a gloss over to add that extra sheen. I like to add MAC Saplicious on top when I want to add shine, or tone down the pinkness just a bit. Love this color. I got it as a gift, but would repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks