April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Argh... the case CRACKED while in my purse, so then the cakes broke apart and got all over EVERYTHING! Bright side about its lack of staying power is that at least it came out of my carpet. One of the hinges on the lid is also broken. One of the sponges is coming off its tip, as well. So that's a 1 for packaging quality.

I bought (on sale) the Ice Princess quad, which has a frosty lilac, light blue, medium blue-violet, and a dark blue-violet. I like that they give you a range of shades, from light to dark. It's true that none of them show up very much; the 2 darkest shades, the ones I actually try to use, usually end up as sheer tints. I usually layer a lot to build up richer colour, but it's still fairly sheer. It can be a nice effect; I would buy a single pan of a really dark or bright shade to get the sheerness, if I didn't know that the case would break on me.

I would recommend using sponge applicators as opposed to brushes with these, just to get them to show up better. I used a gorgeous new brush, one I'd bought because I was so impressed with the way it picked up shadow, on the CG shadows and it barely did anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by jump12

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am kind of obsessed with eye shadow, so I've bought a lot of them, but I always go back to Covergirl. So many colors! Great for matching outfits. The colors also stay on for a long time. I'm not a big fan of caking the color on. I just want a thin layer, so they're best for that. If you want heavy colors, you might want to look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tacky and chalky. Not a very high quality powder and I didn't much care for the colors. Also, the glitter is too obvious and the powder cakes crack too easily. Yuk.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Lividity

This is another Cover Girl product that you shouldn't waste money on, because not worth the pocket change. This product lacks proper pigmentation, and the blending is chalky. You really have to DIG into this stuff to get any color WHATSOEVER!
There are better eyeshadows out there than this stuff, seriously!
Just put this down and move on to something better...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

Hmmm. I like these sometimes and other times hate them. There is a nice selection of colors, singles, trios, and quads. I have tried alot of them, but mostly the natural ones. Platina, a medium silver color, is my favorite. It seems to show up the best out of all of them.The pigment is not really all that good, like others said. It takes alot of this to show up. But it's $3, so you can't expect much. The packaging is really ugly and cheap looking as well. But when you want a cheap shadow this will do.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BrandedPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I left all of my good m/u at home going to work so this is one of five items I bought at CVS. I can't go to work without m/u!

I use to use covergirl products in highschool. The packaging got really bad since I last used this line.

I can definitely tell the quality difference between this and dept store m/u. You have to really, REALLY pack this e/s on to see color. Pigmentation is very weak. This is good for teens just starting out with makeup or people with limited funds. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Midnight_Temptress

What can I say? I despise CoverGirl. Of all the products of theirs that I have tried (and believe me, I've tried a lot..) the eyeshadows seem to be the worst. I put on "Pink Chiffon" one time, and when I looked in the mirror not 20 minutes later, it was GONE! Upon close inspection I noticed major creasing and that the only colorful bits left were dry, itchy little crumbs. The applicator irritated my eyelids and so did the shadow. A few weeks later I decided to give the brand another chance, with the "Cafe Au Lait" Trio. Again, it looked beautiful when I first put it on, but faded quickly, leaving only a few glaring shimmer specks. I suppose they mean it when they say "Eye Enhancers"...these shadows do sort of help to enhance your eyes subtly, but that fresh-faced preppy look really isn't for me. I'm into more dramatic, colorful shadows. Maybe CG would be fine for some people, but for me I need a whole lot more pigment and staying power, and the irritation just isn't worth it...why should I have to put up with crap from my cosmetics? ^__^ Plus, the cheap-looking package was kind of a turnoff, and it broke easily. Back to the drawing board!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2006 8:46:00 AM More reviews by SterlingStarfish

These eye shadows are fun to use. There is always a great selection to choose from and the price is pretty cheap. Many times I find these on sale so I stock up. They really do last a long time and the packaging works well since they come in a little plastic case. ( Great for purse) I usually buy the purple/lilac shades since they blend really well with other eye shadows. So, I would definitly say I've had good luck with this product and will certainly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Sophalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like these eyshadows because they come in an awesome variety of textures (matte, sparly, metallic, etc) and they always look great. They also stay longer than other shadows I've used. I love how they can easily be layered up and the colour selection is absolutely fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sed484

I absolutely LOVE these eye shadows. Previously, I was using Revlon Colorstay eye shadows and was REALLY disappointed with both their wear and the intensity of the color that these shadows provided. At that time (about a month ago) I only owned one Cover Girl eye shadow trio. I loved its blendability, intensity, and staying power. So I got some more (alot more)! I almost have every single Neutral and Cool quad. The colors are fabulous and totally go together. B/c of the multiple colors, I get a professional look with my eye shadow. SOMETIMES THE COLOR MAY BE A LITTLE LIGHT TO SHOW UP, BUT DON'T DESPAIR GIRLS!!!!! You just need to apply more on to your sponge or brush or apply a few layers of the eye shadow and the colors will stay and stay with the intensity you want and ZERo creasing (I even have oily skin!!). Some may complain it is too labor intensive to *GASP* spend three extra minutes on application. Believe me when I say it is worth it, more people have commented on how pretty I look then ever before!! I am a BA, and I recommend this product to everyone I know.