Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Price: $

on 7/13/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Thank you for posting the pictures for this powder , especially the comparison with other colors. I also love this. I have used it for many years and although I'm always trying new things......this is a keeper. I don't mind the smell-it's very nostalgic for me ( I own the original L'Origan). I also prefer the original cardboard top not the plastic. My cardboard top never soaked through. It lasts forever.
I use both the regular and the extra coverage but I prefer the regular because it does not sit as heavy. I don't use a brush because it fluffs around. A puff or a powder sponge is better.

on 7/13/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. It leaves my skin looking flawless without being cakey. The Neutral is pale enough for me without being overly pinky. I love the powder puff in it... this would be my HG powder, except... that fragrance.

I wish they'd make an unscented version. I'd buy it in bulk.

on 6/25/2013 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love it. It sets my makeup and doesnt shine. It has a pleasent smell to it too.

on 6/20/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been wearing this in Naturally Neutral for years. I have tried both corn silk and rice powders, but this one is the best for my skin. They are still making this product for a reason, because it is that good.

on 6/16/2013 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I really love this powder...I always used Maybelline Shine free pressed powder to set my makeup when I was younger and for about a year I used Baby powder because the pressed powder made my skin look cakey but I can't stand shine and even though my skin is dry I still do have alittle shine midway thru the day on my T-zone (chin, nose and forehead). I saw this at CVS while waiting for a prescription and bought it and I absolutely LOVE it!! The big fluffy puff works really well and makes my makeup and skin look so nice and smells so nice, it reminds me of the Cornsilk makeup I used in high school back in the 60's and 70's. It lasts thru out the day and I rarely have to use pressed powder anymore. It is cheap and is worth the try!! I think I paid around $7.00 for it...

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Actually I was out looking for for Black Opal's brand of translucent powder, but since it wasn't any where in my immediate area, I picked this up from my nearby CVS. Pretty apprehensive, I put it on after my foundation and it was ashy at first, but after I gave it a few minutes to "settle", it was matte and perfect. I'm not a super oily girl, but it kept it in check in 80 degree weather, good stuff. 2 drawbacks: it was quite the b*tch to open at first and the scent although pleasant reminded me of an older woman. I can overlook the latter. Oh, and the puff that came with it was useless, so I used my own. Otherwise great product. :)

on 5/9/2013 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this setting powder! I have used a lot of products over the years and this is one of the best loose powders I have found. No wonder it has been used for generations of beautiful women. I use the powder pouf that comes with it to apply it and then use my fluffy brush to dust off the excess from my face. This looks a little white when I first apply it but then after using my big fluffy brush it blends right in and looks natural without making my makeup look caked on or "powdered". I use this at 5 am and my makeup still looks fresh when I get home at 7pm. I picked this up on sale which is always a bonus. It seems to be on sale frequently and it is usually in stock and easy to find as most stores I shop at seem to carry it now. I think I have seen it in my local grocery store as well and on sale there too! I have had this for well over a year now and it hardly seems like I have used any at all. The packaging is nice and it pretty enough to leave sitting out on the counter. The fragrance is light and very girly and a hint of floral but it isn't strong and has never caused me any trouble breathing. I am very sensitive to scents due to asthma and some florals really give me trouble, but this powder is a winner all around.

on 5/4/2013 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a great powder for setting your makeup. I have the older packaging and have used it every day for nearly two years and it barely has a dent in it. The packaging is elegant and looks vintage (considering it hasn't changed much in 60 years or so, which is great). The power blurs pores and minimizes shine. I use a large brush to dust this over my entire face and underneath my eyes with a smaller brush, and am usually shine-free for the remainder of the day. The price is a steal and I would buy this again. To me, this totally negates the need to spend money on a more expensive drugstore powder.

Review below I posted incorrectly! This stuff is life changing

on 5/3/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Now, Ive tried Honey Beige and Naturally neutral and liked them both. Im somewhere between NV 35- 40.. Honey Beige is more of a peachy shade and naturally neutral is more of a beige/neutral shade. Now off with the shades, coming to the actual performance of this powder..
I use this as an everyday powder foundation. Im a stay at home mom, so i use this as a single application once in the morning and thats it.. Sometimes, if its humid out, or if im doing lot of chores, i might have to touch up once in the evening, but thats it. Ive literally stopped searching for loose powders any more. I like this soo much that im now looking for loose powder compacts so that i can carry it on the go as well.

As i said, that i use this as a powder foundation, in my case i dont have problematic skin, no do i have perfect skin. I do have few freckles & pores on my cheeks, redness around the nose and some slight uneven pigementation(which get covered up with any powder) to start with. This powder doesnt cover up those freckles, but covers up the pores(mean to say, makes them look smaller or blurs them) and neutralizes the redness around the nose. On bad skin days, I layer it further to get that foundation kinda finish, and it doesnt look cakey.

I really like this and this has a permanent spot in my stash. Most people doesnt like the fragrance, but to me, i dont smell any fragrance at all.
The only con is that sometimes, (on a bad skin day) i could see a greyish/ashy tint under some lightings. So this is the only reason that ive ordered BenNye banana powder and topaz powder and im really waiting to compare these both.