August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not the best powder I have used but it is quite nice for the price. Mine is the plastic tub with the orange lid with print. I think its cute packaging but not as cute as the all over printed ones. I don't know if they changed the packaging or what....I do like how sturdy mine is though. I have had face powder lids crack or come off and I don't think this one will though I wish the lid screwed on. I also like that only a small amount of product dispenses. My favorite thing about this product is probably the scent. I actually find it really pleasing but I can't smell it when on so if you don't like it don't worry.
I was a bit worried when I applied this in translucent. Its a little pinker in the package than I'm used to but that pink didn't translate to skin and the product seemed to oxidize less on me than others which have turned me orangish by days end. For some reason I have to be careful not to inhale this when applying. It seems to irritate my throat and nose and I don't know what it is about it but it seems easier than my other powders to accidentally breathe in.
I don't think this is as light as my equally cheap NYC powder. It feels and looks a bit heavier going on. I don't usually worry about overdoing the NYC, this I have to be careful with. I also notice that immediately after applying NYC looks more natural on. That said, in the long run the Coty wears better and oxidizes less. It also seems better at controlling oil and keeping my foundation from migrating into my fine lines.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after trying multiple powders to keep my makeup looking nice all day.
Let me just say this stuff is amazing! Nice light smell, easy to apply, keeps my skin from getting oily. It makes my face look airbrushed! Definitely worth a try.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder! As a makeup collector, I'm surprised that it took me so long to try this out. I think it is an essential worth checking out for anyone that collects makeup, or loves learning about the history of makeup! After doing some researching I found out a lot of cool stuff about this specific product. Apparently the powder puff design on the package (used to be an orange cardboard package, it has since been repackaged in a plastic container with a sifter, but still has the original orange powder puff design on the lid) was designed by a set designer for the Russian Ballet in the 1930s. Which leads me to the next point, this powder has been around since 1935. This means they must be doing something right! Makeup items are constantly being discontinued, so the fact that this has been around for 78 years is a testament to it's greatness!

As far as performance, I think it is a great addition to my powder collection. I brush this over my face when I'm done with all my makeup, and I do not have to touch up all day! It lasts for a FULL 8hr work/college day. That's amazing. I also like the fact that you get a lot of product for the price which is around $5-$6 depending on where you get it. I also own the Chanel loose powder which I paid a little over $52 for and I have to say, I prefer this. It's a lot more finely milled, and it holds my oils back a lot better. I really wish I would have found this before I picked up the Chanel.

This comes in a variety of colors, as well as a few translucent shades, which could work for everyone.

I know one of the big topics about this is the smell. It's a strong mature scent that reminds me a lot of my great grandmother, but once it's on the face, you cannot smell it at all. Although, if you're really sensitive to smells, or you just have super sensitive skin in general (I have pretty sensitive skin and the original scented version has never broken me out) there is an unscented version, and it comes in a teal box.

Regardless of which version you get, I definitely recommend leaving the plastic sticker that comes over the holes on the product and only poking a few of the holes out, otherwise this product gets very messy.

Overall, I'm thrilled with this product. I love that it's such a staple in makeup history (looks awesome sitting out on my vintage style vanity), and I love that it's a quality product that really works to keep my makeup in place, and keep my skin shine free, while looking natural and not cakey! Definite repurchase, if I ever run out!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Got this to try as a cheaper alternative to current GA loose powder. It give a nice finish, however I cannot get past the gross lingering old lady smell, I think others can smell it and probably making others think oh she smells like my grandmother. Does not give me any nostalgic thoughts, just the thought to wash it off. Will not repurchase and will probably throw it out. May try the unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by LBC23

I think I've tried every powder on the planet, from Cover girl to Estee Lauder to Chanel and Bobbi Brown and this is by far the best i've ever used. I love the colors that go with my fair skin. If I want to look super pale I can use the Neutral or Translucent or if I want a little color there are options in rose, peach and beige. The powder sets my foundation amazingly and I never get oily or shiny AND it doesn't dry my skin out either. At the end of a long work day if I want to go out all I have to do is dab a little of the powder on my face and I'm good to go for another 8 hours. I used to reapply from work to going out but I don't even need to with this. I can use a brush and give myself a light makeup look or, as I usually do, use a sponge to give a full makeup look. I LOVE it and will never use another powder again.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by dodi14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works okay, but I can't get over the strong smell!! I've had it for a few months, and though I've gotten a bit more used to the scent, I am moving on and won't miss it. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by shelbyrose17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this powder!! It has such a nice finish and doesnt look cakey at all. It fills in fine lines and just creates such a nice finish and lasts all day. would totally buy this again but theres so much in the container i dont think i'll have to for a reallly long time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by vanessah777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I don't even mind the smell. I actually love the way it smells. It has a vintagey grandma smell lol but I actually like it and hope they never change the smell.

The powder sets my foundation very well and I rarely need to touch up my face when I apply this powder. Love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Finally, the perfect setting powder has finally found me!
I adore this powder. I use it after foundation to set everything, and it works marvelously. The great thing about it is that you can pack it on and it won't cake. Wonderful for me, because I always feel the need to layer my powders, even though with this and my Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation, my makeup is unlikely to budge.
Some have complained about the smell. True, it's a bit old lady-ish. It dissapates, but it did leave the scent on my brush, which a washing took care of. No worries, it's one of those scents where only the wearer can smell, and even then it's only a few minutes. Kind of reminded me of my grandma, though I doubt she ever used this powder, or makeup in general. Still, nostalgia is wonderful.
The packaging drives me crazy. it's next to impossible to get anything out of those itsy bitsy holes. So I took out the sifter and now I control how much I need. I place the sifter back in for traveling. So far, no major upsets (knock on wood).
You get a ridiculous amount of product for the price. I will definetly repurchase...if I ever run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great setting powder. It does not cake up whatsoever, even if you apply wayyy too much it still looks natural and amazing. It keeps my face matte and natural looking all day. It is very affordable and I will definately replace (when I use up some other powders I have) They better never discontinue this stuff!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No