December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by HeartsConsent

A friend of mine uses this product and her face looks flawless. I love how cheap it is and I will definitely buy it myself once I decide to wear some type of face product. The little cotton pad applicator is nice and soft. It smells like baby powder, but it's not that strong. I found it at Walmart, but decided against buying it for now, since I wouldn't have a real use for it. But seeing as how my friend's face looks so nice, I'd recommend it. Her face never gets cakey, and I love that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Paigeparker13

I am 16 years old, living in HUMID HUMID Kentucky. My skin is and always has been so oily and the humidity only worsens this. I had no specific powder in mind because normally all I need it for is small touch ups over my mattifying Merle Norman Liquid Foundation.
While glancing around the isles, I stumbled upon this loose powder. I figured, why not? The price was appealing and the packaging was just okay.. Which is why I didn't give it a very high rating. It doesn't screw on which scares me and I'm too afraid to carry it with me throughout the day in anywhere but a safe, secure spot in my car.. Or fear of it coming open. ANYWAYS. I got home and was looking forward to try this on my face because it was about time for a touch up. I bought the translucent shade and was surprised to find that it has an odd scent? Which took me by surprise. I've read some reviewers had said they can't use it because of this but to me, the scent wears off in no time at all.
This product is absolutely amazing!!! Today was the first day I've ever looked in the mirror and had been pleasantly surprised at the level of oil on my face.. HARDLY ANY! (I applied this around 6:30 am and looked in the mirror for the first time to touch up around 3:00 pm)
I gave my Maybelline SuperStay Liquid Foundation a try under this powder to see how it really held up, seeing as that foundation tends to make me shiny. But not today! My face truly did look air brushed and flawless.. Even my boyfriend commented on how soft my skin looks! I can easily over look the scent and awful packaging.. Just a quick sweep over my makeup in the morning and MAYBE once or twice throughout the day. I sort of dont mind the little bit if natural shine that peeks through! Needless to say I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on a whim after seeing it shoved all alone under the makeup brushes in my Walmart. It was under $5, so I thought I'd try it! I very much like the finish it gives my face, it feels silky, and overall it's pretty much the best loose powder I've used. It is very finely milled. The ones I see now are no longer in that cardboard box, so it's not so messy. You get a HUGE container and it will surely last years. I like to take a smaller loose powder compact, pop the sifter out and put some of this in it - for my purse :) Better than carrying around the huge container.

As for the smell, ah, I personally love it, and really I only smell it while I use it - it doesn't linger for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder isn't appropriate for oily skin OR those who don't want mineral oil on their face. I thought I was going nuts when I'd use it to mattify my shiny areas, then feel greasy again quite soon. It's because it contains mineral oil and lanolin!

Too bad, I loved the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by JenniferJMK

I have been using this product forever! I hate to say it, but I have always been a little embarrassed to admit to loving this product. It is so inexpensive, and has a very "old grandma" feel to it. However, it is the greatest. I have extremely fair skin/shallow/combination skin. I have tried several other loose and pressed powders, but they all end up being too dark or they turn yellowish after a few hours. This powder stays true to its color, light in texture...but does a great job at setting foundation, hiding some imperfection, and never cakes up. Works well with a puff or a brush...looks flawless when buffed in with a brush. Even with daily/heavy use, it last me 6+ months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

As an imperfect, oily, fair skinned woman - I swear by this loose powder, & pray they never discontinue it. It's very low thrill, but really who needs a powder that's gimmicky & overpriced? For about $6, this container will last you a good 6 months - 2 years with daily use. I find that my face doesn't look pretty with foundation alone, because this powder adds extra coverage & blurs imperfections further. I have tried almost every setting powder out there & this one beats them all. It keeps my face more matte than anything else on the market. In summer of 2010 my skin went INSANE producing oil, because I live in hot, humid TX. I had never broken out so badly. One night I slept with this on, to try controling the oil. The next day, I woke up & it looked a little less irritated. I continued doing this for a week & my acne was gone! It really does absorb the oil.

Tip: Coty makes many different shades for this powder. I can RARELY find any of them other than the translucent one. Translucent is a very pale, cool toned powder. If you are warm toned, be sure to find Naturally Nuetral. It's "translucent" too, but with a yellow undertone. CVS & Walgreens have a decent selection.

The only con about Coty Airspun Loose Powder is it can be overdone. My face nearly always looks powdery, regardless of the fact I produce so much oil. The solution to this? Use a setting spray.

*EDIT*: I still reccomend this powder. It'll probably always be a staple in my collection. However, having to resort to using a setting spray? That sucks & defeats the purpose of using an oil absorbing powder in the first place. I now use Palladio Rice Powder & would reccomend it to anyone that loves Coty Airspun. It gets rid of the shine & sets my make up quite nicely without being heavy.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder so much. There is a reason this powder has been around since 1935! I use the shade Naturally Neutral, which is very pale but the least pink of all the shades. Most of the shades ARE pale and pink, which I think the only thing really problematic about the Airspun powders. They need more shades! And even the Naturally Neutral shade is a smidge too pink for me... although I don't mind and make it work. I think it actually helps keep me from looking sallow... I'm really pale and try to make my skin look more "English rose" than "consumptive Dickens orphan child," and this seems to help in that regard, making me look more glowy and healthy.

This powder sets my mineral makeup really well! I really notice a difference between when I use it and when I don't bother to set my makeup with this powder. And it stays put and controls any oilies better than other powders I have used, even more expensive powders. (ahem, Mineral Veil!)

I also like that this doesn't dry out my already dry skin, in fact it seems to help it hold in moisture, which is weird and unexpected. I think it's because it has mineral oil in it? Which brings me to another point- because of the mineral oil and fragrance I was worried I would break out. But no problems on that front whatsoever, and it balances my skin so well.

I also love the smell! I sometimes even notice it throughout the day and don't mind at all, since it's so lovely. Yes, it smells a bit "old lady," and if smells in cosmetics bother you a lot, you probably wouldn't care for this powder. I think I like the smell a lot mainly because my great-grandmother wore this powder for decades so the fragrance reminds me of her instantly. One of my earliest memories is of watching her do her makeup in the bathroom of her old house, and I would be sitting there on the bathtub admiring her ritual. Even into her 90s she always had amazing skin. The powder didn't exactly match her skin (she had a more almond-colored skin tone) but it was sheer enough that it still looked pretty and skin was always velvet-y. I love that I can still use this and think of her whenever I use it! She was always glamorous and had great taste, so I should have known this would be good stuff.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this product doesn't get more praise like it did back then. Its a gem and I can't believe I am just discovering it now. It sets my makeup beautifully. I have rosacea and when I use this you can't even really tell! I also love how inexpensive it is, another plus to this gem. A little also goes a long way, so not only is it cheap, but it lasts you a long time. Also the smell doesn't really bother me and it goes away. I hope they don't discontinue! I would be devastated. There is a reason its been around so long. It is awesome.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not the best powder I have used but it is quite nice for the price. Mine is the plastic tub with the orange lid with print. I think its cute packaging but not as cute as the all over printed ones. I don't know if they changed the packaging or what....I do like how sturdy mine is though. I have had face powder lids crack or come off and I don't think this one will though I wish the lid screwed on. I also like that only a small amount of product dispenses. My favorite thing about this product is probably the scent. I actually find it really pleasing but I can't smell it when on so if you don't like it don't worry.
I was a bit worried when I applied this in translucent. Its a little pinker in the package than I'm used to but that pink didn't translate to skin and the product seemed to oxidize less on me than others which have turned me orangish by days end. For some reason I have to be careful not to inhale this when applying. It seems to irritate my throat and nose and I don't know what it is about it but it seems easier than my other powders to accidentally breathe in.
I don't think this is as light as my equally cheap NYC powder. It feels and looks a bit heavier going on. I don't usually worry about overdoing the NYC, this I have to be careful with. I also notice that immediately after applying NYC looks more natural on. That said, in the long run the Coty wears better and oxidizes less. It also seems better at controlling oil and keeping my foundation from migrating into my fine lines.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after trying multiple powders to keep my makeup looking nice all day.
Let me just say this stuff is amazing! Nice light smell, easy to apply, keeps my skin from getting oily. It makes my face look airbrushed! Definitely worth a try.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No