CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/28/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I was really liking this cleanser a lot. It seems to remove everything so well from my face and foams good but it broke me out. Big bummer.

on 6/28/2014 12:58:00 AM

I like to use this during the hotter, humid months here in Florida. During the winter, or someone with dry skin probably would be too drying. But in these summer/fall months it helps to keep me oil-free for a bit longer than without it. I also prefer to use this at night if I had a lot of makeup and pair it with CeraVe's Moisturizing Cream.

Texture: Clear, sticky (not overly) gel-like consistency. It works the best if the face is really wet and I put a little bit of water in my hands and foam it up there a bit first. Otherwise, not so much foaming.

Scent: Not noticable.

Finish: Leaves my face feeling clean but not tight. Just right.

Effects: Paired with a moisturizers afterwords my face feels very soft and smooth. Not dry or tight but not greasy/shiny. I have less breakouts and clearer looking skin.

I love CeraVe! My skin hasn't looked this healthy and clear for years! I wish I had tried these products first before the "higher end" one's and saved a lot of money.

on 6/23/2014 10:59:00 AM

I have always had dry cheeks and a somewhat oily nose, chin, and forehead. Hydrating cleansers dont make my skin feel clean and oil eliminating cleansers are too drying for me. This is the perfect combination. At first, I broke out in little bumps on my forehead, but with time I have the best skin I have ever had during my teen years. Also, the bottle lasts forever!

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked this up trying to find a cheaper alternative to Purity. The previous reviewer had success but unfortunately I did not. My aging skin is normal - dry and this stuff seems geared towards normal - oily. I was left feeling a little drier then I am used to. Also my skin felt slightly tacky afterwards. I don't think it's a bad product at all. Liked that it's easy to find and affordable but it just didn't work for my particular skin at this time. If your skin is like mine I use Purity when I wear make-up and have great results but I also use Derma-E hydrating cleanser and highly recommend that one if this product didn't work for you.

on 6/9/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Replaced Purity
I used Purity for years, then I started my search for a cleanser that I could pick up at the drug store. I tried this cleanser after reading all of the great reviews, and they are right. This is a great, gently cleanser. It removes my makeup without stripping my skin. I have been using this product for a few years now, and I never even consider trying anything else.

on 5/25/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! I've been using it for about a year I think, and its the best I have tried so far. I have acne prone skin and I have tried sooo many face cleansers but gave up and used a bar soap for a few months because I was horrified of experimenting with face cleansers since they have either break me out or they're just too harsh for my face (one of the many cleansers was so harsh that it burnt my face and left it red for days!!). But the bar soap was drying my skin a lot so I decided to give this a try. This product leaves my face soft and clean, although I do have to use three pumps when I'm wearing makeup, two is enough but i use three jussttt to make sure. It doesnt make as much foam though, but it still gets your face clean. It doesnt dry my skin out and I also noticed my breakouts reduced drastically after I switched to cerave cleanser. I love it, I will keep buying this.

on 5/25/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, i wanted to love this product. My mom uses all CeraVe products with great success. She has beatufil, glowing skin. She use the PM and AM moisturizer and both of the cleansers. I was having a bit of a bout with my skin in the last year and i just wasn't happy with my skincare routine. I was using and Olay cleanser and Neutrogena scrub and moisturizer. My skin just wasn't doing well. So i decided to try the whole CeraVe line. I used the foaming cleanser at night with the PM moisturizer and the hydrating cleanser in the morning. Everything was conveniently already in our bathroom b/c as i said my mom uses all of it and swears by it. After about a week or 2 of using everything my skin just didn't look good. I was getting little whiteheads and bumps everywhere and weirdly enough, my skin got more red and dry.....i thought these products were suppose to be gentle??? Anyways, long story short i was unsatisfied with my skin at that time and the CeraVe line. I think i may also be allergic to niacinamide or something else in it. Im not saying this is true for everyone because it works AMAZINGLY for my moms skin..has helped her breakouts and wrinkles...maybe it will work for you maybe it won't...but i won't be repurchasing.

on 5/20/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love CeraVe! This foaming cleanser is fantastic. It cleanses my skin without drying it out, and it just feels really nice massaging it on my face. The bottle is quite large for a reasonable price (around $15.00) but it lasts so long it's a steal. I love the helpful ingredients while still being a basic cleanser, so my skin doesn't react to it. I used this a while back, and I'll never know why I strayed. My oily, acne ridden skin actually looks presentable with just a tiny bit of powder because of CeraVe. My only gripe? I wish they had a smaller size so I could travel with it easily. Such a lovely product! I pray CeraVe never reformulates.

on 5/15/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Yikes wow. Dry skin and "harsh" bumps. Any foaming agent is a big problem for me.
I tried it for two days, and my skin looked dry, dull and I had little red dermatitis bumps under/around nasolabial area and around the eyes (yes, that's dermatitis, if you experience this you are allergic to ___ product) I loathe the little dermatitis bumps because they take forever to go away, and since they're not pimples, they can't be treated the same way or they just get worse. If that happens to me, all I can do is wash with h2o for a week and wait. No makeup. And I have melasma AND vitiligo and I'm well over 30.in other words, I sometimes take gambles with products that cost me a "good face" for a week.
Sure, my face felt clean, and it rinsed off well. It's not for me though.

on 5/8/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Excellent product. I have oily skin and this really does a great job of cleaning (without drying out my skin), so it is not harsh at all. The best part is that it is affordable (I think around $15 Canadian) for quite a large pump bottle and can be purchased at drugstores, Wal-Mart, etc. It is pleasant smelling and lathers/foams nicely (I use it with my Clarisonic device). I will continue to buy it.