April 19, 2014 | 1763 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

if u dont think its foaming enuf.... pump into ur hand... add water... bam! plenty of foam.

removes all of my makeup altho i do wear a lighter liquid foundation.

i follow with cerave lotion. skin feels very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product from my dermatologist, and now I don't use anything else. I have oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, and I break out if I change anything in my skincare routine. This is the first cleanser I have used that does not dry out my face too much, takes off all my make-up, and does not break me out!!! It's not very expensive either, I bought it at Rite-Aid, and it comes in a big bottle, One lasted me for 6 months. I don't think I'll ever use another face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by amartoglio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the FOAMING cleanser version. This cleanser is a gel that foams up. I find it to be better than the creamy non-foaming original version as it cleanses much better. No perfumes or dyes and does not sting or irritate skin. The ceramides seem to balance out moisture level in skin so that it is not too stripping. To remove makeup I use DHC Oil Cleanser then follow up with this cleanser. It does leave face a bit tight so I follow with a dab of the Cerave Moisture Lotion, the thicker cream has petrolatum in it which seems to clog my pores. Overall, I wish I would have tried this earlier as I have spent thousands $$$ on moisturizers and cleansers from Estee Lauder, Clinique, Jurlique, drugstore brands, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Britt15scr

Ive been using acnefree for a few years and its been amazing! I decided to try cerave because of all the good reviews. This broke me out so bad! I used it for a week thinking that I would let my skin get used to it but nope by the end of the week I had huge painful under the skin pimples. Do not buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunniee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I gave this product several months of use before deciding to write a review and I've determined that I thoroughly enjoy this cleanser! After straying away from it to try some other cleansers (Cetaphil, Purity, Clinique, Keihls) I came right back! It has a lovely texture that does a wonderful job of cleansing the skin without stripping it of it's moisture. It removes all my makeup except my stubborn gel eyeliner. I've never found it to be irritating, but actually find it to be quite calming...maybe due to the ceramides and niacinamide? I either use it alone or after oil cleansing with mineral oil. It's usually priced around $12, but you get a large bottle with a pump that lasts me 2 months. I also use it in combination with CeRave PM, which I've been using for over a year with no complaints.
I have combination acne-prone skin with eczema for reference!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mild Rosacea & 1st heard about Cerave from my dermatologist. I didn't even know it contained anything beneficial "beautywise" until I saw it here on MA. I just knew that it was very gentle & this cleanser along w/ Cerave moisturizer was recommended to me by my dermatologist to use before I apply a Roasacea gel medication (Finacea-15% azelaic acid) that she prescribed for me.

I kind of find this genre of cleansers boring (Cetaphil, Cerave, etc) so I ignored her advice & WOW did I learn my lesson. Tried just washing my face w/ Dove soap & skipping moisturizer and then applied a big old glob of Finacea-my face felt like it was on fire for like an hour!!!! Part of that was my skin adjusting to the acid in Finacea but a big part also was that I didn't follow her advice re:using Finacea.

I think it is an excellent product. I have dryish skin & after cleansing, my face feels a little tight but not super dry. It does a great job of cleaning off all of my face make-up (never used it to remove mascara).This does not break me out but I did try the moisturizing version for dry skin & that did cause extra blackheads so I switched to this foaming version for normal/oily skin, even though I mostly have dry skin. As for the "foaming" action, I don't think it foams much but it does clean & has no distinct scent.

All in all, this is a kind of boring, basic, fragrence free face cleanser that comes in a white, medicinal-looking pump that a doctor would tell you to use which is typically the stuff I run from but...having said all that, I can tell you that Cerave works very well & is better than all the fancy cleansers that I have tried in the past.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Drying, and made my acne worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser worked well for me. I use it after my oil cleanser, and it actually seems to dry out my skin less than the SkinMedic cleanser, which I had used before. My breakouts stopped (until now) since I started using this, but that may be because of the new topical I'm using.

The pump packaging, and the fact that you get a lot for the money, are other advantages.

Edit: It did end up drying out my skin, so I switched back to the Obagi Gentle cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty unremarkable foaming cleanser; nothing good or bad to say about it. It cleans better than their hydrating cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I admit it....I gave in and bought this cleanser, after reading the reviews I thought it would be a good choice for my picky, oily, hormonal skin. I soon found out how wrong I was. Broke me out in deep painful cysts., which took forever to heal. Whenever I used it, my face never felt totally clean, and oddly enough felt tight and dry. I am glad however that so many others have had such positive results. A HG cleanser is a must, and so hard to find!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No