Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wouldn't say it makes your lashes grow at all. Picked this up cheap in a shop. I have to say I normally hate Rimmel products and whilst it's not a perfect mascara it is surprisingly good for a clumpless look. It keeps your lashes nice and separated also so you look near natural but with more length.
I wouldn't buy it again because I have better options but it's probably the only Rimmel piece I've ever liked.

on 3/11/2013 1:38:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara ever! I've tried other brands but always go back to this. it really did make my lashes grow, in fact I've been asked a few times if my eyelashes were real :) I really love it and its super cheap, which is a big plus. It also doesn't dry up in the tube like some other mascaras I've had. Great product!

on 3/8/2013 10:24:00 PM

I used this exclusively for months and repurchased it once in that time. I have to say, the "will grow your lashes" claim did not seem real to me, my lashes looked no different. For that I will knock off a lippie, since that's the main claim this mascara makes.

HOWEVER, I do like the mascara itself! I've moved on to something that is more dramatic, but I will still reach for this. Sometimes I will even use this first, to give me length and separation, then use a more volumizing mascara over it. It gives more length, but not really much volume. Very black, separates well, I never have clumping or dryness/flakiness, and it just feels very smooth. It is one of the "smoothest" feeling mascara I have ever used - it glides on so easily, like it's very wet, but it doesn't run or transfer like really wet mascaras do.

on 2/24/2013 5:27:00 PM

Horrible! This mascara was a waste of money for me. I have long but straight lashes. Even if I have curled them beforehand, this mascara makes them droopy and faced towards the floor. It gives no volume as well as length ... The only thing it did is painting my lashes black. That's it! I don't know if it really grows your lashes longer after a month, but for me, once try is too much for me to give it another go. Wouldn't recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I like this mascara. I have short, thin lashes. While I'm not sure if it grows my lashes as it promises, it definitely feels like it conditions them. It's a buildable and separating. If you want super thick/dramatic lashes or a super volumizing mascara, I don't think this will be for you. It's a good daytime mascara. It separates my lashes quite well, and it's not thick or goopy or anything. It kinda loses its intensity after a couple of hours (I don't have the waterproof one). I like this mascara, though! Still on the hunt for HG.

on 2/18/2013 1:05:00 AM

This really lengthens my lashes. I love it! It doesnt dry very quickly. It does wash off easily...so much black around my eyes once it's wet- for me that's a pro tho as I don't want to scrub my eyes to death to get makeup off.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have found my favorite mascara. This has made my lashes pop and it makes them darker. I don't need fake eyelashes anymore..I can just wear this. I will repurchase this. I took of a star because it doesn't glide smoothly and it sort of tugs my lashes..there can be some clumps as well other than that..it made my lashes longer and beautiful :)

on 2/11/2013 6:15:00 PM

My next favorite mascara (both high and low end, with my first being loreal's volume mascara). It initially has a runny watery formula, but after a few months it gets thicker, which by now I know that I am playing the devils advocate and with fire by keeping this in my bag. I swear my lashes are longer now due to its gentle formula that is easily washed off. Of course I keep away from this for big events or any events where sweating would necessitate a water proof free mascara. I loved this so much that I had kept mine for 2 years now and now that it's pretty much a goner...clumpy and the screw top broke, I just purchased the volume accelerator and I am hoping its just as good. Luckily I've had no adverse reaction from neither the formula or my prolonged usage.

on 1/28/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this one, even though I don't believe it actually made my lashes grow more volumous. But it did make my lashes stand out more, the color is very dark.

on 1/28/2013 5:35:00 AM

I bought this on sale, completely sucked in by the prospect of longer lashes. Even though I was skeptical about whether it would do anything, I couldn't resist giving it a go...$10AUD for longer lashes without doing anything outside my normal routine seemed pretty awesomet!

The only problem is that whatever is in this mascara, whether it's the growth accelerator or something else, really irritates my eyes. By the end of every day, my eyes were sore, scratchy and red. And if I had to take off my make up and reapply to go out after work, the sandy feeling just got worse. It looked like I had a really bad case of hayfever, and because I get quite bad hayfever, I thought for a few days it was just normal allergies, or the aircon at work. I didn't notice any change in my lashes, but I gave up after about a fortnight so that could be why.

The formula was also very wet and took ages to dry. My lashes aren't overly long, but I found the mascara transferred everywhere for about 20 minutes after. I thought it made my lashes look quite nice, and could be applied lightly or heavily which was good. But the discomfort, good price and mess just aren't enough for me to want to buy it again.