October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

This is by far the BEST body oil I've EVER used! I can't believe how wonderfully it soaks in...never greasy, and leaves your skin so beautifully scented! I'm so in love with this that I'm buying a large bottle on top of the smaller 4oz and travel size I already have. I use it in the bath, after a bath and shower, and on my pulse points as a scented oil. It's just wonderful...I can't say enough good things about it. It's totally addicting! I'm going to buy a spray bottle and follow the recommendation of a friend...she says to put some in a spritzer and spray on after a shower/bath.
This just isn't for baby! It's for you too! Though when I have a baby, I'll definitely use this! It's a gentle, natural way to moisturize skin. My only complaint, like others have said, is the glass bottle. While it looks adorable on my counter top, the glass makes me uneasy around the bath...and perhaps even traveling with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by iheartproducts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite oil! it's so much more moisturizing than regular mineral oil, and the scent is amazing- sweet apricot. only complain it the screw cap glass bottle, which is annoying b/c you have to pour the oil out and it gets all greasy! otherwise, this stuff is great as a moisturizer or in the bath!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am currently on a form of chemotherapy and one of the side effects is extremely dry itchy skin - a 'rash' but its really just dry (almost painfully) itchy skin. I have been searching high and low for something, ANYthing to help keep my skin moisturised - I have always liked Burts Bees products and decided to try this (based on reviews here) as a bath treatment. My skin is on the sensitive side (especially now) so heavy lotions usually break me out. This was a nice gentile soothing bath I just had, my skin now feels nice and buttery soft, finally moisturised for longer than 5 minutes (as was the results with other bath products and many lotions). I'm thinking of making this a nightly routine, I enjoyed it so much. Since it is an oil, of course its going to bead in water (duh!), but that dosnt prevent it from getting to your skin. The scent is nice and relaxing, I would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I love the Baby Bee line--everything is so cutely packaged and the scent (warm, sweet, jammy apricot-vanilla) is so good, it almost makes me want to eat the products :) Apart from the divine scent, this oil is just an oil, neither better nor worse than any other oil, though I definitely appreciate the simple, all-natural ingredients. It works well to moisturize (esp. after showering) nails, skin or hair, or for a quickie shave. And it's an OIL, so of course it will feel a little greasy. I actually find the Burt's Bees oils (I like the Vitamin E one too) are actually sorta "dry" feeling if that makes any sense--not as liquidy and runny as other kinds like Neutrogena's.

Packaging is cute but kinda inconvenient since it can be hard to grasp the glass bottle with oily hands (although points for the recycle-ability). Price is fine (though you can def. get cheaper oil if you just want a good moisturizer). Overall, I really like this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product is too greasy, the bottle tends to leak, and it beads up in the water when I try to use it in the bath. Unfortunately this is a miss for me. :( Oh well, I'm glad it worked for other people. I will stick to Jason's 5000IU Vitamin E Oil for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sandyriles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I live in the midwest and am suffering with dry, itchy winter skin. I put a few drops in the bath and soak. After my bath or show, I rub this on my body while I'm still damp and WOWZERS! Soft, silky, and smells heavenly. Love this! Is great for use after shaving and since it is for babies, it won't irritate your skin...LOVE THIS STUFF! The downside is that it is in a glass bottle which can be a little treacherous to sit on the side of the tub. Wish it were in a plastic container of some sort. Some say they put it in a spray bottle. I can see that working...Can't say enough about the great, soft scent. Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Adore the fragrance and the product ain't too shabby either. I always put this into a plastic travel bottle, because seriously, a glass bottle? I understand that it's reusable and therefore more environmentally friendly, but really, it's a pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by hfm28

I keep reading about the glass bottle, and we found a way around that. I remembered this discontinued Johnson&Johnson light oil mist that I had loved so much, and thought, "Why not?" I purchased a small (purse size) spray bottle from the drugstore, filled it up with the Burt's, and PRESTO!! It works fantastically, and you don't use as much as when attempting to apply an oil straight from a glass bottle, which in my opinion seems impossible.

Love this product, love the smell. It works great at the gym after my shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I didn't like the fragrance of this at first, it fades down into a warmer, lighter smell after you apply it. The texture of this is light and it feels so soft on, very nice. Even in winter, it is enough to keep my dry skin comfortable. It is too expensive for the small bottle though (4 oz.), and the fact that it is in a glass container is just asking for a dangerous mishap should it fall on the bathroom floor or anywhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Evanstar

I love this product! I use this oil on my hands and feet. The oil is great for cuticles and I massage it into my hands and nail bed at least every other day and the results are amazing. The smell is very nice as well. This oil is also great to use to massage sore muscles. It heats up when doing a deep massage and soaks right in. I keep this on hand and have extra for when a bottle runs out.