Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.5

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 1/16/2012 12:30:00 PM

Since I was a young girl, I had a problem with Keratosis Pilaris or commonly known as "Chicken skin." I have it on my arms, legs and face, so the lady at the Clinique counter suggested I try the Redness solutions line. I've always wanted a light foundation that offered more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, and I'm happy to say that I found it with this product. What I enjoy about this product is that the way you apply it, determines the coverage it gives. It's fantastic! It definitely works well on its own, but I prefer to use it with the Redness Solutions Urgent Relief Cream as a primer. I use this as an area treatment more-so than an all-over treatment by covering my cheeks, and between my brows where I am usually most red. It's truly a fantastic product, that does NOT cause me to break out. I will definitely be buying this product, and others from the Redness Solutions line again!

on 1/6/2012 10:12:00 AM

i use this as an all over coverage then use the vichy dermablend corrective foundation to cover any blemishes or problem areas. (thank you lisa eldridge for your acne makeup video-I have used this since seeing her tips online). If it is available for you, you should have the Clinique counter match your skin tone to prevent that orange coloring some others have mentioned. I thought the color they picked was too light but after "setting" it matches well. It can be difficult to remove with just my regular cleanser, so I would recommend a make-up remover prior to washing as usual. As far as the correctiveness, I see a bit of a difference overall but nothing dramatic. I do like this a little more than the "even better"foundation- which I found covered OK but didn't have an especially flattering finish.
Update: I have discontinued use as this was causing a rash-like reaction on my sensitive skin. dermatologist told me to toss in the trash can, and said he found clinique to be overall a reactionary product in most women! surprised, but he suggested lancome/estee lauder going forward . off to the makeup counter!

on 12/31/2011 9:44:00 AM

I love this foundation!
I'm acne-prone and it's very hard to find a foundation that won't break me out. I'm also on accutane so my skin is incredibly dry. I hate powder foundations but finding a liquid foundation that is 1. full coverage and 2. won't give me pimples is like asking for the moon!
I think I lucked out in that the second-lightest shade is an okay match for my (fake-tanned skin). However, I find that the foundation is so blendable that it's okay that the color is a little off. Seriously, this looks SO natural! I couldn't believe it. It's a bit hard to work with, not quite as liquidy as NARS sheer glow (which gives a wonderful dewy, silky finish but breaks me out to all hell), but if you work quickly you can get a great full yet natural coverage.
Taking one lippie off for the poor color selection. It's not quite HG but it's the closest I've found!

on 11/20/2011 7:46:00 PM

Got a sample of this.

i liked it however i felt like it didn't look natural, i use mac face and body and i much prefer that, i didn't like the matte look it gave me or the consistancy. it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, you could get an equivilent of this for much cheaper.

on 11/17/2011 8:19:00 AM

Not a great color match for me; a bit on the orange side. And I felt that it sank into pores for a really bad orange-peel effect. Not impressed with the Redness Solutions line except for the cleanser.

on 11/16/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ive been using this foundation for a few months and my skin definitely looks better. I dont have rosacea but I have alot of acne scarring that is very red so this does a nice job counter acting the redness. I gave this 4 stars because I think it breaks me out on occasion. I also use the redness relief yellow loose powder which I like alot.

**UPDATE: after using this for a while I think my skin got used to it or something and the color began to look off and it was getting cakey and weird...I repurchased twice but probably wouldn't again

on 11/6/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As I'm currently coming to the end of my second month on Accutane, I've had be extremely careful with my skin. My skin hasn't been very dry on the Accutane (and if it has been, moisturizer fixes it quickly), but my skin has been very very red. I get flushed much more easily (due to my skin being thinned out), and my acne scars and marks look a lot more red than they did before Accutane. Since Accutane makes your skin photosensitive, I was looking for a makeup with some SPF in it. I went to the Clinique counter and the woman suggested this and put some on me and it was really phenomenal. Usually when I go to the Clinique counter, I don't have much luck, but something made me want to go there and I'm so glad. My skin looked amazing and my mom even called them up when I got back home and is going to get some soon.

My only gripe is the color. My skin is very pale when it's not all red, and this color seemed just a touch too dark and also a bit too yellow/orange to match my skin as perfectly as I'd like it to. That said, with some blush and some all-over face color from Bare Minerals, that can be solved.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I picked this up on a whim at a CCO. My redness is from mild rosacea which is primarily on my cheeks..I chose the Calming Alabaster shade and it was just a touch more pink than my NC20 coloring but definitely still wearable without being visibly off if you weren't searching for it. I apply it with a paddle shaped foundation brush and a little goes a long way. The coverage is great. With one application it covers my redness almost completely. It puts Dermablend to shame. The foundation sets to a semi-matte finish. It does smell of sunscreen up front which I don't care for but it doesn't linger enough to become offensive. The only thing I don't understand is the probiotic benefits this product has. Probiotic benefits come from ingesting them and not topical application so this leaves me a little confused but it doesn't change my opinion of the product. I always use powder over this product and it always sets beautifully. I've received several compliments on my skin since using it. I find that it can be somewhat drying so I make sure I'm well moisturized before using it. I also do a little spritz of a moisturizing spray if I begin to feel a little tightness. The foundation lasts all day and I am very pleased with it. I will purchase this again. For having picked this up on a whim I am impressed and recommend it. I'd also like to add that this product caused no flare ups, breakouts or irritation.

on 11/4/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have rosacea and have been looking for ANYTHING to cover the redness without contributing to the flare up. This product did not cover the redness and irritated my skin and caused it to flush more. I also have acne and this product didn't break me out - which was a plus. The cover is alright but the color matching is difficult. Even the lightest shade on my skin was too dark and I am not extremely fair skinned. This product does not cover the redness like it advertises. NEXT.

on 11/1/2011 7:11:00 PM

Love it great coverage and long lasting. See my link for more information- compaired to Cover FX http://siggysuesbeautyblog.blogspot.com/