December 18, 2014 | 1572 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by map28210

i use this as an all over coverage then use the vichy dermablend corrective foundation to cover any blemishes or problem areas. (thank you lisa eldridge for your acne makeup video-I have used this since seeing her tips online). If it is available for you, you should have the Clinique counter match your skin tone to prevent that orange coloring some others have mentioned. I thought the color they picked was too light but after "setting" it matches well. It can be difficult to remove with just my regular cleanser, so I would recommend a make-up remover prior to washing as usual. As far as the correctiveness, I see a bit of a difference overall but nothing dramatic. I do like this a little more than the "even better"foundation- which I found covered OK but didn't have an especially flattering finish.
Update: I have discontinued use as this was causing a rash-like reaction on my sensitive skin. dermatologist told me to toss in the trash can, and said he found clinique to be overall a reactionary product in most women! surprised, but he suggested lancome/estee lauder going forward . off to the makeup counter!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by pegsmith00

I love this foundation!
I'm acne-prone and it's very hard to find a foundation that won't break me out. I'm also on accutane so my skin is incredibly dry. I hate powder foundations but finding a liquid foundation that is 1. full coverage and 2. won't give me pimples is like asking for the moon!
I think I lucked out in that the second-lightest shade is an okay match for my (fake-tanned skin). However, I find that the foundation is so blendable that it's okay that the color is a little off. Seriously, this looks SO natural! I couldn't believe it. It's a bit hard to work with, not quite as liquidy as NARS sheer glow (which gives a wonderful dewy, silky finish but breaks me out to all hell), but if you work quickly you can get a great full yet natural coverage.
Taking one lippie off for the poor color selection. It's not quite HG but it's the closest I've found!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Got a sample of this.

i liked it however i felt like it didn't look natural, i use mac face and body and i much prefer that, i didn't like the matte look it gave me or the consistancy. it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, you could get an equivilent of this for much cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

Not a great color match for me; a bit on the orange side. And I felt that it sank into pores for a really bad orange-peel effect. Not impressed with the Redness Solutions line except for the cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this foundation for a few months and my skin definitely looks better. I dont have rosacea but I have alot of acne scarring that is very red so this does a nice job counter acting the redness. I gave this 4 stars because I think it breaks me out on occasion. I also use the redness relief yellow loose powder which I like alot.

**UPDATE: after using this for a while I think my skin got used to it or something and the color began to look off and it was getting cakey and weird...I repurchased twice but probably wouldn't again

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As I'm currently coming to the end of my second month on Accutane, I've had be extremely careful with my skin. My skin hasn't been very dry on the Accutane (and if it has been, moisturizer fixes it quickly), but my skin has been very very red. I get flushed much more easily (due to my skin being thinned out), and my acne scars and marks look a lot more red than they did before Accutane. Since Accutane makes your skin photosensitive, I was looking for a makeup with some SPF in it. I went to the Clinique counter and the woman suggested this and put some on me and it was really phenomenal. Usually when I go to the Clinique counter, I don't have much luck, but something made me want to go there and I'm so glad. My skin looked amazing and my mom even called them up when I got back home and is going to get some soon.

My only gripe is the color. My skin is very pale when it's not all red, and this color seemed just a touch too dark and also a bit too yellow/orange to match my skin as perfectly as I'd like it to. That said, with some blush and some all-over face color from Bare Minerals, that can be solved.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at a CCO. My redness is from mild rosacea which is primarily on my cheeks..I chose the Calming Alabaster shade and it was just a touch more pink than my NC20 coloring but definitely still wearable without being visibly off if you weren't searching for it. I apply it with a paddle shaped foundation brush and a little goes a long way. The coverage is great. With one application it covers my redness almost completely. It puts Dermablend to shame. The foundation sets to a semi-matte finish. It does smell of sunscreen up front which I don't care for but it doesn't linger enough to become offensive. The only thing I don't understand is the probiotic benefits this product has. Probiotic benefits come from ingesting them and not topical application so this leaves me a little confused but it doesn't change my opinion of the product. I always use powder over this product and it always sets beautifully. I've received several compliments on my skin since using it. I find that it can be somewhat drying so I make sure I'm well moisturized before using it. I also do a little spritz of a moisturizing spray if I begin to feel a little tightness. The foundation lasts all day and I am very pleased with it. I will purchase this again. For having picked this up on a whim I am impressed and recommend it. I'd also like to add that this product caused no flare ups, breakouts or irritation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by courtpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have rosacea and have been looking for ANYTHING to cover the redness without contributing to the flare up. This product did not cover the redness and irritated my skin and caused it to flush more. I also have acne and this product didn't break me out - which was a plus. The cover is alright but the color matching is difficult. Even the lightest shade on my skin was too dark and I am not extremely fair skinned. This product does not cover the redness like it advertises. NEXT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by siggysue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love it great coverage and long lasting. See my link for more information- compaired to Cover FX http://siggysuesbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For many of us with rosacea, this is one of those no-win products. It may cover some red but it's full of all sorts of ingredients which means the odds of exacerbating one's rosacea with something that the face doesn't like goes up exponentially; plus it has zinc, and although zinc has a calming effect as well as offering UV protection, it can also be responsible for the "cakey," "flaking,""drying" effect people complain about.

Clinique didn't get it right with this product.