October 31, 2014 | 882 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by JBAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation initially seems wonderful. Coverage is unbelievable and sooo quick to use, at first I was hooked. BUT, beware, the sheer reflection is a nightmare for accentuating open pore and acne scarring. My pores looked like craters in open daylight. If you have good, even textured skin, go for it, but any problems with texture, don't go there! I have just sent off for some samples from the Jane Iredale Pressed Powder range, as this claims to be matte. Fingers crossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by SouthernHoney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After watching the televised commerical for the Bare Escentuals line, and having a friend online who swears by BE, I decided to go for it and splurge a little. I had been a Mary Kay foundation user for about eleven years, then I switched to Clinique, but I was interested in Bare Escentuals.

I bought a sample of the make-up from a very nice seller on eBay. Once I got it home, I used the medium color along with glee and the mineral veil. I couldn't get over how great it was and how nice my skin looked. I am DEFINITELY hooked on this stuff. Now I have some of the small sifter jars, and when people come over I share some of my BE with them and have gotten several others hooked as well.

This stuff is AWESOME, and I was the biggest skeptic!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

This stuff really made my skin look perfect, but you have to be careful not to apply too much or else it will fall into fine lines (I'm only 21 and I don't have wrinkles..I'm talking like natural like smile lines). Overall, I'm very satisfied. I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup, and I don't like the feel off anything heavy on my face. But, like the commercials promised, it feels like your own skin. Very nice. UPDATE: I still like this, but it has the potential to make me oily into the day. I prefer pur minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2005 2:30:00 AM More reviews by leslchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally a foundation I can use. I've always been clumsy with makeup application, so this was the perfect product for me. I can control the degree of coverage by how many times I swirl the product on my face. The powder does a great job of covering my large pores in a natural-looking way.

I would recommend for people to upgrade to a nicer kabuki-type brush. I discovered the Smashbox #19 Face and Body Brush, and it's like heaven to use on my face! SB#19 is so much softer than the Kabuki brush provided by Bare Escentuals, which is a little scratchy. Unfortunately, the brush is pricey, but worth it if you're a daily BE foundation user!

I docked one star just because the packaging is such a pain to deal with when traveling. I usually stuff a scrunched square of toilet paper over the holes and that prevents the powder from leaving the main chamber.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2005 1:23:00 AM More reviews by cyndi17

I've only just started using the bare escentuals range of mineral foundations - I got the 'try me' pack in medium. So far its great, although I probably have to work on my application technique a little more to get more coverage. But it feels lightweight, easy to apply and gives a nice glowing finish to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 8:28:00 PM More reviews by leahluke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I use it daily and would never use anything else. It gives my skin a perfect, flawless, healthy look. I tried the 2.3 but that did not work for me as I have cooler complexion. This is dirt cheap also when you think of how long it lasts for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lina44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: I really like this. I use it every day now and it doesnt cause my skin to act up and break out. It makes my skin look luminious. It wears long on my oily skin and on these hot summer days in california. I do have to make sure i apply w/ a light hand and not to over do it. it can go from natural to overdone quickly. It doesnt make my skin look blotchy at the end of the day like most face makeup ive used. Moisturizing b4hand is a definite must b4 applying this though cause it does seem to be a bit drying. oil on my T zone is kept @ a minimum when using this. packaging does suck and doesnt travel well in my makeup case. I will definitely repurchase when i run out which wont be soon cause a little goes a long way. 34$ shipped for my small 4pc was definitely worth it for such a wonderful product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Fuzedbulb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dont understand why this product has so many negative reviews. I just got my BE package yesterday (medium #2.3, #3 foundations, mineral veil, warmth, kabuki brush, travel kabuki, flawless coverage brush, concealer brush, and some free gifts)- got all this for $60.. well worth it! Even the first time I applied it, I didnt face the problems most people complain about.. It was really easy to apply, wasn't messy (yeah you put the minerals in the lid, but thats about it, it doesnt get all over the place), I didnt find the mica to be too shiny AT ALL (usually I hate mica in products because you can notice the specks, but the mica in here really does give a nice luminosity as oppose to showing little specks), and it doesnt look cakey/made up (some ppl said they looked like they were a kid playing with their mothers makeup.. u sure u didnt put on too much???) Even though i have warm undertones, the medium 3 seems to be a perfect match for me, and when I used it with the mineral veil yesterday and today, it really does have staying power. I use a washcloth to wash my face, and I can see all the minerals on it (if another powder of mine wears off, I usually dont see much color on my washcloth) Also, I didnt understand how u could use so little and actually get coverage, but after trying it, it really works!! Please people, if you're thinking about using it, at least give it a try (with sample sizes or something, but USE A PROPER BRUSH!!) Do the whole swirl, tap, buff thing, hehe, I love it. I took off on lippie for now because I will update later incase I have some sort of reaction or breakout from the product. Will let you know in a week or two. =D

**UPDATE**--> =( BE broke me out.... I was so sad and kept using it to make sure this was the product that did it, and it was (I hadnt changed anything else in my routine at the time either). After I applied this, I even saw little bumps even later on that night, and it caused some breakout on my chest area as well (and I normally do not break out there!) Very, very sad, loved the way this looked.. Moving on to trying other MMU

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2005 4:02:00 AM More reviews by wuzilla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Messy, shiney powder that highlighted every wrinkle (yes, I have a few) and fine line on my face. Not worth the "swirl, tap, tap" time it takes to apply, plus it leaves a frosty unflattering sheen on my face. I ended up dumping this in the trash with all the other BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by devilgirl17

This is my HG foundation. I live in AZ (very hot, lots of sweat) and every foundation I ever tried seemed to slide right off or turned orange as soon as it was on my face. I saw the infomerical and bought it. I was skeptical but they made me a believer. It blended seamlessly into my skin and covered flaws without looking cakey. It also lasts forever. The one that came in the kit lasted me over a year. Already repurchased once, would do so again. One complaint: Be careful, one spill and send half of it on the floor and traveling causes a lot of the powder to come through the sifter.