September 2, 2014 | 1987 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the best. I am so, so picky about what goes on my sensitive skin, and this is just it for me. No irritation. No breakouts. No smearing or melting. I don't ever want to try another concealer. It covers EVERYTHING and doesn't budge. It's all I use on the spots where it's needed - no foundation or powder to set it. Don't need it. It's thick and dries fast, so I apply a tiny bit at a time and blend quickly. It will get cakey if you over-apply, but I've used this for years and am comfortable working with it now. I'm NW15, cool and fair, and this is a flawless match.

I don't consider this expensive because my last bottle lasted me over two years with daily use. Yes, the packaging sucks and wastes a lot of product. Get a little sample jar from Sephora and dispense a pump at a time into it. When it's empty, disinfect the sample jar and repeat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted this to be an under-eye concealer first and foremost, and in that respect I think this wasn't great. The staying power was very good and it covered my dark circles well, but I found it looked too drying under my eyes, even though I had a decent amount of eye cream on and I don't think my under-eye skin is particularly dry.

However, I think this does a FABULOUS job of thoroughly concealing spots and blemishes without the need to touch up during the day. I also found this makes an excellent primer for eyeshadow.

I find the pump packaging dispenses much more product than I need, so I decant the extra product into a small tub which means none is wasted.

I would buy this again simply because of how good a spot concealer/ eyeshadow primer this is, but I won't be using it under my eyes anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is amazing. The formular is vert smooth,and it's very pigmented, doesn't feel too dry or too heavy on the skin. I like the product a lot, but the packaging is such a pain. This is the only reason I give this product 4 out of 5. It comes in the GLASS bottle. BEWARE, DON'T DROP IT. It will break and spill everywhere. Also, it comes with pump, so it's quite difficult to control the amount of product. It can be a waste. Overall, I love this comcealer. It performs quite well. I'm just not satisfy with the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Sherryanne300002

I really like this concealer I believe that it is a great under eye concealer if taken into consideration 3 things:
1. If you have dry skin it can be a bit flakey/clumpy/beady because it drys matt, everyone knows matt on dry=bad news. This can be avoided by using their light infusing moisturizer to mix the formula, or basically any moisturizer preferably a skin enhancing shimmer or shine provoking one. But with all that messing around and if your not really into spending time on your makeup you might as well buy the narrs creamy concealer or I find some drug store brands set with a loose matt formula looks less drying and cakey.
2. Unfortunately if you have lots of lines or creepy skin like almost all with the exception of sheer concealers it can become creasy and unflattering accentuating the very thing you don't want noticeable.
3. If you use a little under the eye and perhaps blend with the mac duo fiber blending brush that can be used for cream/liquid products as well as powder formula eyeshadows creams etc.

This is one of my HG concealers I do have to be careful and apply my own suggestions while using it. There are others that are also great including one of my favs shoppers drug mart 11$ QUO made in Canada under eye illuminating concealer = fantastic considering I am a makeup artist who have tried alotttttt of makeup on many different skins. I hope this helped for a prospective buyer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

goodbye dark circles!!!!!
Miracle concealer! I've been using this for the last 4 months and it works wonders.
I was addicted to studio sculpt concealer and since it was discontinued i was looking for something to replace it, and the truth is that, if i've used Pro Longwear since the begining, i would have never left it.
The formula lasts forever on my skin, doesn't melt, gives the best coverage for everything, specially dark circles that lately became my biggest problem.
I didn't find hard to blend as some reviewers said. The faster you work with it, the easier.

BUT, what the hell is that pump? You will definetly lose some product until you properly work with this pump. At least i lost a lot of them until i was familiar with it.
That MUST be improved by MAC.

The formula dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I was used to put concealer on every spot that i wanted to conceal, and then i worked with my brush. With Pro longwear, if you want the best results, i think you should not do this, it's better if you conceal right after putting on your face because the formula will dry fast and it will be harder to blend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sparksfly22

This concealer works wonders on dark circles, but the thing is, you have to be quick when blending the product or else it will dry REALLY quickly and look cakey. I HIGHLY recommend you trust your instincts when buying this product and finding the right shade. With me, the MAC sales associate advised me not to get anything under NW25, mind you Iam a NC 30. So when I went home and tried it on..... let me tell you, it literally looked like I had two DARK ORANGE eyes. It was horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

I got a sample of this stuff after seeing countless tutorials of makeup artists using it. After using it for about a week I had to go buy it! Very rarely am I willing to spend the money for high end makeup when I can usually find a drugstore dupe but this was my one exception. And for $20 it's gonna last for freaking ever! I can use this under both my of my eyes and prime my eyelids with 1/2 a pump. So far I'm loving this concealer! I've even used it to cover a few blemishes and it's held up and done a good job. I was loving the maybelline dream lumis for under my eyes but I felt like I was always running out of it. Even with it being a cheaper option I felt like I was spending too much for a product I constantly had to buy more of. The MAC one is gonna last a lot longer, cover better, and it'll be a long time before I run out. Go get you some!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off the packaging is just a sleek glass bottle the problem I have with it is the horrible pump. Even with the tiniest amount of pressure it lets out way too much product.

Coverage: medium can be build able to full but you run the risk of it looking cakey.
I use it under my eyes and it's great at highlighting with good coverage but this creases on me within the hour of applying.

It does last all day, if repurchase for the mere fact of I love the way this highlights rather than covers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Ellam77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer does have it's good points. The coverage is great and the staying power unrivalled. However, I do have a few issues with it. Firstly and most obviously, the pump bottle's a nightmare. Secondly it's quite difficult to blend and I find that even using a thin layer it's impossible to get a finish that doesn't look fake and cakey. I'll definitely be going back to my nars radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do you have REALLY DARK undereye circles? Read this!

I'm very fair and the skin under my eyes is thin, so this makes my undereye area look purple-red. This has been a huge insecurity of mine, so finding the right concealer was crucial. The main thing i'm looking for is coverage.
I've tried evey concealer you can think of! Literally, i'm 25 and have been trying out concealers for years! Nothing was good enough! I couldn't find a high enough coverage, and even when i did the products had a tendency to crease or budge within a few hours, or look drying under the eyes.

This is now my HG! I don't know how i lived without it! The coverage is EXCELLENT, the highest i have ever come across. It spreads and blends very easily! It sets to a matte finish, but it's NOT drying at all! Once it sets it simply DOESN'T move, crease or budge AT ALL. I've slept with it and woke up the next day and it was still intact!
I simply couldn't be happier with it!!

I got the shade NC 20 , which is a tiiiiiiny bit too yellow for me, but since my undereye circles are purplish/pink i didn't want to add more pink to it by purchasing NW. The yellowness counteracts the purply shadows. If your dark circles are more on the blue/green side, then maybe an NW would be better for you

This is also really good on covering the occasional blemish/redness i have on my face of course! Just make sure you blend the edges well and the blemish is gonne!

The only negative i can find is the pump, which disposes more product than you need (if you only use it for undereyes and a couple of spots).
Totally recommend it!