MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I love this. Since I go to school, it's not easy to be re-applying makeup throughout the day. It seems to last me all day and it is a medium to full coverage. I was matched up with the colour nw20 but I found it look actually a little orange in the daylight so I had to go back and the the colour nc15 suits my skin perfectly. I love Mac concealer and the choice of colours you can pick from. The only con with this concealer is that it defiantly doesn't look hydrating under the eyes but I use a more hydrating concealer over it to give it a boost. Also the pump squirts out too much product but i found that it isn't much of a problem if you do it carefully. Overall I think this is worth the buy!

on 3/12/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not a fan of this, I find it very drying for my 43 year old under eyes, even after putting a lot of moisturising product on, also got matched in the wrong shade, it inhances my dark under eyes after 5 mins, I've tried to work with it in different ways as I don't want it to go to waste as the price ain't cheap!! It is long wearing though, I got nw25 and its a lot darker than the studio finish concealor in the same shade

on 3/10/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great, high coverage, very liquid-y concealer. Creases slightly. For the price, you get a lot of product. My only complaint is the packaging is horrible! It is nearly impossible to get this concealer out of the pump without making a mess. The little pump gets clogged and then you have no control over how much product come out and it is always wasting product.

on 3/9/2015 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer , it's one of the only concealers that doesn't crease under my eyes and that is light , but yet stays on ALL day .

I wasn't really open to getting this concealer at first because I was in love with my " Mac studio finish concealer " and I had a steady face routine , that I was use to doing and didn't wanna change . ( I still love my " Mac studio finish concealer " because it's super natural looking and is great for the summer because of it's High SPF ... BUT I get more creases with it . And I have to use a really good primer if I don't want no creases , which is money consuming because I go out or do something every day whether it's to class , work or just chilling with some friends . ) I officially decided to try the " Mac Prolong wear Concealer " because of it's big rave and also everybody kept saying it's like a high end version to the " La Pro girl concealer " which I'm a BIG FAN of! So I tried it , & set it with my Ben nye banana powder and loved it! I got no creases after a 7 hour wear . I even slept one time with it on and it still looked good when I woke up , I don't get as oily as I use to get either ( but the Ben nye banana powder also helps with that since it's a oil consuming powder . )

The Pros about this product is that ...

it's liquidly but sets matte WITHOUT looking matte .

Stays on all day.

It comes with a pump .

You don't need to touch up.

If worn without a primer it's still long lasting .

Great for highlighting .

No flashback when taking pictures .

Perfect concealer for a night out or a long day .

Easy blending .

Light on the face & doesn't feel heavy .

The Cons about this product is ...

It sets really fast , I recommend doing sections at a time or fast blending .

The pump isn't really controllable you either get too much or not enough .

No SPF .

It's harder to wash off the face then normal concealers/Foundations because it locks on the skin .

You have to moisturize your face real good before using this product if you are dry skin . ( I'm oily combination and when I use this I don't get oily so I assume it would be a little drying for dry skin types after awhile . )

Extra .
I'm kind of a Mac girl so I do use their foundation and concealers My highlighting shades are NC30 and my foundation shade is NC40-NC35 . I would also like to point out that The " Mac ProLong Wear concealers " in the NC Section aren't as yellow as Mac's other Concealer/Foundation in the NC Section, it's a little more between neutral and yellow . And the shades attend to be a little lighter .
My favourite way of blending this concealer out is with a Beauty blender or a Typical painter style foundation brush .

Rate .
This product is around $22 . It's def worth the money IF they make the pump more adjustable because I end up wasting some concealer or end up not getting enough and then I try doing a extra HALF pump and get too much . Overall it's a great concealer . I give it 4.5/5 for the product it's self and a 3/5 for the container/pump . And ofcourse I would repurchase this product! :)

on 3/9/2015 11:25:00 AM

Moisturizes my dry skin, coverage is good, very pleased with it!

I reallllyyyy like this product ! It has nice coverage and highlights under the eye really well! And lasts all day. The only thing I don't like is its kind of like a sticky texture (but I guess that is what makes it last a long time LOL )? and the pump disperses way too much product! I only need very little concealer cause with this product seriously a little bit goes a LONG way ! and its impossible to get only a little bit out. Really the only bad thing I have to say about the product! I will be repurchasing.. and will try and find a solution to the problem.. Have a great day ladies ! hope this is able to help someone!

on 3/2/2015 5:00:00 PM

The coverage on this is great, and the color is spot on for me, but it's so bad for my dry skin. My face is normal/dry, but no matter how much i exfoliate or moisturize anywhere I put this concealer turns dry and patchy within a couple hours and looks like a mess. On top of that, since a little goes such a long way with this product, the pump definitely needs to be redesigned. It's so hard to control and I almost always end up with way more than I need. I've heard of people using two pumps of this concealer for the whole face as a full coverage foundation (which I would never do, but not that much concealer should be dispersed in two pumps). At $20 a bottle for a product that's probably spent more time getting the excess wiped off the back of my hand than applied to my face, I could definitely live without this.

on 3/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Coverage: FABTASTIC

Likes: coverage, colour match (I use a golden shade under my eyes and I look so awake!!)

Dislikes: cause raging acne!!! I now can only use this under my eyes. No good for spots except in emergencies!! Also the pump gives a lot of product! Didn't last more than a couple months and I didn't really use much.

Do not use to cover spots on a daily basis.

on 2/28/2015 9:54:00 AM

Overall I can say that it is a good concealer that provides good coverage and is easily spreadable. However, the pump is really annoying, as a lot of the liquid comes out every time you use it, although little is needed. As I probably bought the lightest shade (NW15), I don't really use this concealer to cover imperfections but rather as a highlighter under my eyes.

on 2/27/2015 9:22:00 PM

I really like this concealer, however I don't like the price. I live in New Zealand and have to pay nearly $50. I have acne prone skin, and this breaks me out if used anywhere other than my undereye area. You'll be sure to get a perfect colour match, this blends out well and doesn't crease. Provides really good coverage :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin