July 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Thank god this came as a free sample as I bought some Urban Decay shadows off their website. This product does absolutely nothing and is just another gimmick to sell a product. Do not waste your time or money on this, spent your money on something else. I dont understand at all what this product does as it doesnt do anything. This was just a disappointment and nowonder it came for free. Just another dust collector on my dresser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have super oily skin. This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle of this stuff. Maybe it's my imagination, but I do feel like it does keep my make up fresher looking during the day than when I don't use it. I only use this after I've finished all my makeup. I don't use it under my foundation because I use a mattifying lotion under and I don't see how much more matte it would make me. When I'm done with my makeup, I just shake up the bottle and spray on my face. It makes my foundation+powder look less powdery and more skin like. Yes, you're spraying liquid on your face so it should make you look a bit shinier. Usually after it dries, I'll take my powder brush (with no extra powder) and lightly go over my shinier spots on my face. It works well for me. I forgot to use it one day and my oil broke through my makeup much quicker and by the end of the day, my makeup looked terrible. Maybe it was a bad makeup day for me or maybe it was because I forgot to use this! I found my latest bottle at nordstrom rack for half price. I don't think I would purchase it for full price ever. I can't say it makes my makeup last longer because by the end of my day, when I take off my makeup I feel my makeup is mostly gone.. idk where but its not on my face anymore. lol. BUT if I ran out and couldn't find it at n.rack I'd definitely consider purchasing it for full price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Like other reviewers here, I just don't get what this product is about. I've heard a lot of rave reviews about how amazing it is, so was obviously keen to try it out but for me it just doesn't work.

I've tried various different ways of using it; after moisturising before applying foundation; after foundation before applying the rest of my makeup; and after applying a full face of makeup. But none of them work! All this does is make my face look shiny and a few hours after application my face starts to look greasy too. My makeup looks ten times better when I DON'T use this so I've now stopped using it and won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I don't understand this product. I heard so many race reviews about this stuff... Even when I was buying this at Ulta one of the sales girls saw me holding it and told me how much I'd love it. I've tried applying this so many ways (before and after foundation, just before foundation, just after foundation, before my makeup, after I've finished all my makeup, etc) and this does nothing for me. If anything I feel like it makes my face look instantly cakey. Not a fan of this stuff at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product to set my makeup after my regular daily routine and makeup routine to see if it would be good for a night out and I was extremely disappointed!!! After a few hours I had an oilier than usual face, and I also started itching and breaking out because it was irritating my skin. After washing my face the itching stopped, and the next day when I did my makeup without De-Slick Setting Spray, I had no irritation problems.
I have previously used hairspray (Tre Semme tres two extra hold) to set my makeup before a night out and it has worked much better than this actually control oil and no irritation! I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by trumpetgirl808

I've used it for about a week now. It really does set your makeup all day even in muggy weather. I feel like my skin is less oily but I also used the Urban Decay Skin BB cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this before and after makeup as suggested, and while it looked good for the first hour or so, it made me look super cakey later in the day. Didn't help oil control at all. Will not repurchase, and will continue to lightly blot my face with toilet paper when I visit the bathroom, that gives me much better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff my skin is super oily and this helps my makeup last so much longer... It feels so refreshing too, when I touch up during the day. I am also really acne prone and this does nothing to aggravate that. A great product and plan to always buy it! I gave it 5 lippies because any product that keep my skin shine free for a while deserves it!! Lol

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by kjr20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really not impressed with this product. I think it may have helped my foundation last a bit longer, but it made an absolute mess of my eye makeup! No matter what eyeliner I used, within a couple of hours it would be goopy, sticky and transferring to my eyelids. Even my Stila liquid liner, which normally does not budge, was a mess. Maybe it works for powder products and foundations...I don't know. I'll try to use it on the occasional days that I don't use any eye makeup; but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a makeup setting spray, doesn't it?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a huge love-hate relationship with this product! i absolutely love the actual stuff; it makes my makeup last noticeably longer and natural looking, kind of refreshes my skin after i put makeup on, and makes my face less mud-slide-y when i wear liquid foundation.

however, i have some qualms about this spray. it doesn't really keep my oil at bay because i still get shiny towards the night, even though it doesn't make my foundation slide around (does that make sense?) another problem is that it's so expensive for how quickly it gets used up, and i feel very hesitant to pay the price for the amount of ounces you get. maybe it's because i like to spray it twice, once before makeup and once after, but it still gets used surprisingly quickly.

another thing i have to mention is how weirdly uneven the spray seems to be. i have to use several sprays sometimes to coat my face evenly, but sometimes, it sprays really nicely and one or two spritzes is all i need.

even though i've already purchased several bottles of all nighter and de-slick, i think i won't be investing in this product any more, and i'll be looking for an alternative. however, i still think this was a nice buy and could work really well for others, but it's just not a right fit for me! :)