April 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this for a few days but I put it to the true test today with my 1:30-10:00 shift. When I got home my makeup was still intact and most importantly, NO OIL! There was a slight dewiness and I actual looked normal. I was very impressed! When I applied it I used this as my primer. I spray about 2-3 times before applying makeup and then another 2-3 when I finish applying my face makeup. Once it dries I go over my face with MUFE HD powder and it sets perfectly.

Although it is expensive this definitely works and I will repurchase when I am out. I think they redesigned the bottle and it is very sleek packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by koralam

I have very very oily skin, as i think anyone who bought this or is thinking about buying this product has. I purchased a mini bottle first and ended up going back for the XL bottle. The mini was $15 for 15ml and the large $30 for 177ml. Honestly the mini was such a rip off, it only lasted me 3 weeks. If you do buy the mini and like me cant resist going back to get the bigger size, save the mini bottle for traveling or to keep in your purse and you can refill it.
I also have some advice about the applying this. I followed the instructions on the bottle the first time and it actually did nothing for me, i was oily an hour later. The next time i tried spraying it on a powder brush and then sweeping it all over my face, concentrating on my t-zone and it worked great! I mean its not a complete miracle, but i do recommend it. I did still have to blot my face a couple times during the day but i was a lot less oily and my makeup stayed put as well. I think people who buy this want it to completely get rid of any oil on their face but if they wanted that they should just rub a deodorant stick all over their face! ..jk dont do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

I've had success with this product, despite its mixed reviews. My skin is combination with a very oil prone T-zone, and I got tired of blotting with powder multiple times a day and having my makeup slide off in the heat. I mist this product on before and after I apply all of my makeup (apply your mascara after so you don't get raccoon eyes!), and I am left with a nice satin finish. This also eliminates the powdery look of your makeup. For me, I have to touch up with powder only once or twice throughout the day on my T-zone when using this product. It doesn't keep me totally matte, but I prefer to have a more natural finish anyway. While this has never broken me out, it is pretty heavy duty so I only use it when the circumstance call for it (a hot day, special event, etc). For me, the scent isn't unpleasant and doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a mask. It's no miracle product, but for those with oily skin like me this might make your makeup hold up better and lengthen the time before your first blot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good setting spray, it definitely works to keep make up from melting. I have quite a few creamier foundations that tend to slide off my face and puddle up in my oiler areas under the extreme humidity here but this helps everything to stay like iron on my face. I layer it by spraying it once on my face after primer and once after my finishing powder. I do spray quite a lot and make sure my face is entirely covered with this mist. My make up still looks fresh at the end of the day.

The only negative thing I have to say is that it doesn't really control my oilies. However, it makes my face look dewy, not oily at the end of the day. But I am not really that oily, only my T-zone gets a little greasy after 12 hours. People with very oily skin, don't get your hopes up. It will probably only reduce the appearance of oiliness but I really don't think it will be a miracle that banishes all oil.

Nevertheless, I will repurchase this because it really helps to hold the makeup well and doesn't cause me any breakouts. Remember to shake the bottle before spraying :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Tiffanymarieeee

Absolutely a necessary product if you have an oily complexion. This is like my "hairspray" for makeup to seal in all the beautiful work you've done to make it last, and block your skin from shine. Few sprays of this and I can touch my forehead (which usually gets very oily mid day) without any traces of oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im really surprised at the rating this product received. I actually love this setting spray more than any of my others. It really does have amazing staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is definitely a staple for my makeup bag. It does help control oil (though doesn't do away with it completely, but I don't mind) but the thing I love it for the most is that it makes my makeup look far more natural than it does otherwise. It makes the days where it just looks cakey and a bit odd look almost like I'm not wearing makeup at all, and it helps it last all day (up to 12 hours!).
HOWEVER, I have heard that you can make this by combining 1 part glycerin with 4 parts water. I haven't tried it myself, but once I'm out of De Slick, I think I'll try it because it is pretty pricey. Still though, if I need to, this will definitely be a buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I wanted to like this product, but for some reason it just did not live up to its claims. It comes in a very nice bottle (I bought the new version that is in a white long lean spray bottle). On the first application it feels quite interesting on the face, almost like a tightening effect, although it did not feel uncomfortable. I applied this over my FLOWER BB cream which is already an oil controling product. All it did was to make the BB cream appear dewy, but not greasy. I loved it at first, since I do like a dewy finish, but if you have an oily skin you will know that very soon the dewiness turns into a sleek ball. After about 2 hours I noticed that the BB cream began to slide off my face in the T-zone area. I literally had to take a make-up sponge and press it all back in to get read of streaks...
I am going to give this product another try over a powder foundation, since GossMakeup Artist on Youtube claims that by spraying a setting spray over powder foundation makes it appear less matte (less cakey) and gives the face more of a natural look. If this does not work, I will have to return the product back to Sephora :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this setting spray! Nothing has ever set my powder, controlled shine and held my makeup in place all day long like this stuff! It's amazing! My makeup would be all over the place by the end of my work day before a coworker recommended this. So glad I decided to try it. I love Urban Decay so I knew it would be a quality product too. I love how it makes my makeup look after I apply it too. It gets rid if that powdery look and really blends my makeup into my skin for a natural, matte finish. Try it, you won't be disappointed!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by violet210

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did absolutely nothing to set my makeup on my extremely oil skin. Gald I purchased from Sephora and can return it.