August 22, 2014 | 1861 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Initially I thought this De-Slick setting spray would be no different than the All-Nighter which I already had and liked, and if anything, by its name, I thought it would be better at controlling oil than All-Nighter -- but boy, I couldn't be more wrong! De-Slick is nothing like All-Nighter, it is so much worse, it does nothing to control oil or extend the wear of my makeup, and in fact, it seems to make my face grease up even faster than usual! I have combo skin leaning towards the oily side and I have used the UD de-slick mattifier and de-slick mattifying compact with success in the past, so this De-Slick setting spray was such a huge disappointment. I am never buying it again and will definitely stick to All-Nighter or try some others. I rate it 1.5 stars for the fact that at least it doesn't sting and has no fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This spray helps set my makeup and keep it on longer, but just barely longer than without it. It didn't control my oil; in fact, I think that some days my face looked even oilier. I've tried using this many different ways and nothing great has happened so far.

On top of that, it is soooo expensive, and the bottle leaks. Milk of magnesia under my makeup is cheaper and does a better job of controlling oil. I'm still going to play around with it and see if I can make it work (although I've been trying for 3 weeks). So far, though, I'm disappointed.

Update: I came to like this spray more as I tried to use up the bottle. I still don't think it does a great job at controlling oil but, having tried a couple other foundation routines lately, this spray combined with Revlon Colorstay is still the best combination for my skin in terms of extending the life of my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product only does what it says its suppose to do when ive used my MAC Fix+(Sent from God) first then spray this If I spray it without my Fix+ its ok but nothing life changing. Otherwise it is not worth the money you can find less exspensive finishing sprays out there that do the same. Plus everyone is saying they have used it so many different ways and it doesnt do anything for them. It is probably not the sprays fault it is your foundation. You have to use the right primers to match your foundations. Depending on what their bases are water or silicone because they do not mix and neither can do the job they are suppose to. I just would not buy this again because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Thank god this came as a free sample as I bought some Urban Decay shadows off their website. This product does absolutely nothing and is just another gimmick to sell a product. Do not waste your time or money on this, spent your money on something else. I dont understand at all what this product does as it doesnt do anything. This was just a disappointment and nowonder it came for free. Just another dust collector on my dresser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have super oily skin. This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle of this stuff. Maybe it's my imagination, but I do feel like it does keep my make up fresher looking during the day than when I don't use it. I only use this after I've finished all my makeup. I don't use it under my foundation because I use a mattifying lotion under and I don't see how much more matte it would make me. When I'm done with my makeup, I just shake up the bottle and spray on my face. It makes my foundation+powder look less powdery and more skin like. Yes, you're spraying liquid on your face so it should make you look a bit shinier. Usually after it dries, I'll take my powder brush (with no extra powder) and lightly go over my shinier spots on my face. It works well for me. I forgot to use it one day and my oil broke through my makeup much quicker and by the end of the day, my makeup looked terrible. Maybe it was a bad makeup day for me or maybe it was because I forgot to use this! I found my latest bottle at nordstrom rack for half price. I don't think I would purchase it for full price ever. I can't say it makes my makeup last longer because by the end of my day, when I take off my makeup I feel my makeup is mostly gone.. idk where but its not on my face anymore. lol. BUT if I ran out and couldn't find it at n.rack I'd definitely consider purchasing it for full price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Like other reviewers here, I just don't get what this product is about. I've heard a lot of rave reviews about how amazing it is, so was obviously keen to try it out but for me it just doesn't work.

I've tried various different ways of using it; after moisturising before applying foundation; after foundation before applying the rest of my makeup; and after applying a full face of makeup. But none of them work! All this does is make my face look shiny and a few hours after application my face starts to look greasy too. My makeup looks ten times better when I DON'T use this so I've now stopped using it and won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I don't understand this product. I heard so many race reviews about this stuff... Even when I was buying this at Ulta one of the sales girls saw me holding it and told me how much I'd love it. I've tried applying this so many ways (before and after foundation, just before foundation, just after foundation, before my makeup, after I've finished all my makeup, etc) and this does nothing for me. If anything I feel like it makes my face look instantly cakey. Not a fan of this stuff at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product to set my makeup after my regular daily routine and makeup routine to see if it would be good for a night out and I was extremely disappointed!!! After a few hours I had an oilier than usual face, and I also started itching and breaking out because it was irritating my skin. After washing my face the itching stopped, and the next day when I did my makeup without De-Slick Setting Spray, I had no irritation problems.
I have previously used hairspray (Tre Semme tres two extra hold) to set my makeup before a night out and it has worked much better than this actually control oil and no irritation! I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by trumpetgirl808

I've used it for about a week now. It really does set your makeup all day even in muggy weather. I feel like my skin is less oily but I also used the Urban Decay Skin BB cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this before and after makeup as suggested, and while it looked good for the first hour or so, it made me look super cakey later in the day. Didn't help oil control at all. Will not repurchase, and will continue to lightly blot my face with toilet paper when I visit the bathroom, that gives me much better results.