September 19, 2014 | 1965 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MissMiaMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got super oily skin, and normally my makeup like melts off my face, and I get mascara and eyeliner all over my face. I've found skin primer helps a lot. I put on oil free moisturizer, primer then foundation then I spray my face with two sprays. Then I put on a heavy, loose setting powder, eyeliner and mascara. I then spray it again. My face does still get shiny, but way less shiny, and my makeup stays in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does absolutely nothing. My skin is still oily within a few hours. I've tried this everyday possible with every product and nothing. I actually think this made me oilier. It didnt keep my makeup on any longer either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This product does actually work, but I am finding it a bit drying for my skin. I apply a few sprays to my face once I am completely done with my makeup and I do see a positive change in how well my makeup lasts throughout the day. However, my combo skin has been a bit more dry recently due to a new cleanser (glycolic acid) and once I apply this to my face I look a bit cakey? Maybe I am imagining it, but I am going to try out the All Nighter Spray once I'm finished with this bottle. I know they all contain alcohol, but maybe the others have less than this one. Still, this product does what it says!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by EmilyJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It really prolongs my makeups life and makes life so much easier. I use it before and after putting my makeup on. It's awesome(:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Initially I thought this De-Slick setting spray would be no different than the All-Nighter which I already had and liked, and if anything, by its name, I thought it would be better at controlling oil than All-Nighter -- but boy, I couldn't be more wrong! De-Slick is nothing like All-Nighter, it is so much worse, it does nothing to control oil or extend the wear of my makeup, and in fact, it seems to make my face grease up even faster than usual! I have combo skin leaning towards the oily side and I have used the UD de-slick mattifier and de-slick mattifying compact with success in the past, so this De-Slick setting spray was such a huge disappointment. I am never buying it again and will definitely stick to All-Nighter or try some others. I rate it 1.5 stars for the fact that at least it doesn't sting and has no fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This spray helps set my makeup and keep it on longer, but just barely longer than without it. It didn't control my oil; in fact, I think that some days my face looked even oilier. I've tried using this many different ways and nothing great has happened so far.

On top of that, it is soooo expensive, and the bottle leaks. Milk of magnesia under my makeup is cheaper and does a better job of controlling oil. I'm still going to play around with it and see if I can make it work (although I've been trying for 3 weeks). So far, though, I'm disappointed.

Update: I came to like this spray more as I tried to use up the bottle. I still don't think it does a great job at controlling oil but, having tried a couple other foundation routines lately, this spray combined with Revlon Colorstay is still the best combination for my skin in terms of extending the life of my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product only does what it says its suppose to do when ive used my MAC Fix+(Sent from God) first then spray this If I spray it without my Fix+ its ok but nothing life changing. Otherwise it is not worth the money you can find less exspensive finishing sprays out there that do the same. Plus everyone is saying they have used it so many different ways and it doesnt do anything for them. It is probably not the sprays fault it is your foundation. You have to use the right primers to match your foundations. Depending on what their bases are water or silicone because they do not mix and neither can do the job they are suppose to. I just would not buy this again because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Thank god this came as a free sample as I bought some Urban Decay shadows off their website. This product does absolutely nothing and is just another gimmick to sell a product. Do not waste your time or money on this, spent your money on something else. I dont understand at all what this product does as it doesnt do anything. This was just a disappointment and nowonder it came for free. Just another dust collector on my dresser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have super oily skin. This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle of this stuff. Maybe it's my imagination, but I do feel like it does keep my make up fresher looking during the day than when I don't use it. I only use this after I've finished all my makeup. I don't use it under my foundation because I use a mattifying lotion under and I don't see how much more matte it would make me. When I'm done with my makeup, I just shake up the bottle and spray on my face. It makes my foundation+powder look less powdery and more skin like. Yes, you're spraying liquid on your face so it should make you look a bit shinier. Usually after it dries, I'll take my powder brush (with no extra powder) and lightly go over my shinier spots on my face. It works well for me. I forgot to use it one day and my oil broke through my makeup much quicker and by the end of the day, my makeup looked terrible. Maybe it was a bad makeup day for me or maybe it was because I forgot to use this! I found my latest bottle at nordstrom rack for half price. I don't think I would purchase it for full price ever. I can't say it makes my makeup last longer because by the end of my day, when I take off my makeup I feel my makeup is mostly gone.. idk where but its not on my face anymore. lol. BUT if I ran out and couldn't find it at n.rack I'd definitely consider purchasing it for full price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Like other reviewers here, I just don't get what this product is about. I've heard a lot of rave reviews about how amazing it is, so was obviously keen to try it out but for me it just doesn't work.

I've tried various different ways of using it; after moisturising before applying foundation; after foundation before applying the rest of my makeup; and after applying a full face of makeup. But none of them work! All this does is make my face look shiny and a few hours after application my face starts to look greasy too. My makeup looks ten times better when I DON'T use this so I've now stopped using it and won't be repurchasing.