October 25, 2014 | 1319 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In attempts to make my makeup last all day, I decided to give UD's sprays a try. UD's All Nighter did not work well with my skin; it didn't make me break out but it didn't make my makeup stay on at all. De-slick actually helped make my makeup stay on longer and all day.

I spray it over my face before applying makeup and after I am done but before putting on mascara. I use waterproof mascara, so nothing happens when I spray after mascara, its just a preference. Overall, I love how it leaves a dewy finish on my face, not heavy, no smell, no irritations, no stinging and def works to keep my makeup staying on all day. No touch ups!

As for the oil control part, mm, i think all nighter does a better job at oil control. I still blot during the day, at least twice to keep my face lighter. When I don't use de-slick my face actually has less oil...so it's like they say, sometimes when you strip away all the oils on your face, the face naturally wants to make more oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oil skin so I'm always looking for products that promise to keep my skin looking matte. I used it as instructed and didn't keep me from getting shiny at all. I do however like using it around mid-day after blotting to freshen up my foundation, but I think spraying water on my face would have the same effect. Would not recommend, and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I quite like this. Although it isn't amazing at controlling oil, it certainly keeps me less shiny than if I hadn't used it. It does a good job at keeping my makeup intact too which I'm impressed with. Although I haven't noticed it to be drying, I'm not keen on the fact that the second ingredient is alcohol as I'm not sure it's that great for my skin. I think I would perhaps look into trying other options that are better for my skin but for now I find this to perform well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MissMiaMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got super oily skin, and normally my makeup like melts off my face, and I get mascara and eyeliner all over my face. I've found skin primer helps a lot. I put on oil free moisturizer, primer then foundation then I spray my face with two sprays. Then I put on a heavy, loose setting powder, eyeliner and mascara. I then spray it again. My face does still get shiny, but way less shiny, and my makeup stays in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does absolutely nothing. My skin is still oily within a few hours. I've tried this everyday possible with every product and nothing. I actually think this made me oilier. It didnt keep my makeup on any longer either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This product does actually work, but I am finding it a bit drying for my skin. I apply a few sprays to my face once I am completely done with my makeup and I do see a positive change in how well my makeup lasts throughout the day. However, my combo skin has been a bit more dry recently due to a new cleanser (glycolic acid) and once I apply this to my face I look a bit cakey? Maybe I am imagining it, but I am going to try out the All Nighter Spray once I'm finished with this bottle. I know they all contain alcohol, but maybe the others have less than this one. Still, this product does what it says!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by EmilyJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It really prolongs my makeups life and makes life so much easier. I use it before and after putting my makeup on. It's awesome(:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Initially I thought this De-Slick setting spray would be no different than the All-Nighter which I already had and liked, and if anything, by its name, I thought it would be better at controlling oil than All-Nighter -- but boy, I couldn't be more wrong! De-Slick is nothing like All-Nighter, it is so much worse, it does nothing to control oil or extend the wear of my makeup, and in fact, it seems to make my face grease up even faster than usual! I have combo skin leaning towards the oily side and I have used the UD de-slick mattifier and de-slick mattifying compact with success in the past, so this De-Slick setting spray was such a huge disappointment. I am never buying it again and will definitely stick to All-Nighter or try some others. I rate it 1.5 stars for the fact that at least it doesn't sting and has no fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product only does what it says its suppose to do when ive used my MAC Fix+(Sent from God) first then spray this If I spray it without my Fix+ its ok but nothing life changing. Otherwise it is not worth the money you can find less exspensive finishing sprays out there that do the same. Plus everyone is saying they have used it so many different ways and it doesnt do anything for them. It is probably not the sprays fault it is your foundation. You have to use the right primers to match your foundations. Depending on what their bases are water or silicone because they do not mix and neither can do the job they are suppose to. I just would not buy this again because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Thank god this came as a free sample as I bought some Urban Decay shadows off their website. This product does absolutely nothing and is just another gimmick to sell a product. Do not waste your time or money on this, spent your money on something else. I dont understand at all what this product does as it doesnt do anything. This was just a disappointment and nowonder it came for free. Just another dust collector on my dresser.