September 2, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by xomakeup4ever

First off, this was my first foundation I ever used. It wasn't bad, gave light to medium coverage, but that's about it. I went to target and the color selection was awful, so I ended picking up a shade too light (200 soft beige), bummer. Also, I gave it 3 stars because for me, the packaging is so frustrating! I only squeeze a little and a whole glob starts spurting out, and I ended up wasting a lot of foundation that was good for at least 7 more applications! I am definitely not repurchasing and hope to find a better foundation soon.

EDIT: 3/8/14
Also, this clings to dry spots so badly when I tried to give it another shot. It kinda makes me look like I have foundation on... thumbs down.

EDIT: 4/4/14
I also didn't like how this felt on my face. It feels weird & I can't really describe it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by citygirl91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used a buffing brush to apply this foundation and it went on pretty well. It also wore well throughout the day.

The only problem I had was taking it off. I couldn't use my cleanser like usual to take off this foundation. It just came off in clumps and onto my hands. Even when I went to wash it off my hands with soap, there was still a lot of residue. I also tried to wash it off my brush and that took forever too. It wouldn't come off with just soap and water. You really need an oil-based cleanser to get this off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by nicolelee76

I REALLY like this foundation. I get a lot of compliments on my skin since I started wearing it about a week ago. I was sick of my Bare Escentuals melting off my face all day. I wanted full coverage that would last. So far this foundation delivers!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by rMasters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff! The shades are a tad dark for super pale girls but ivory works well for me. This doesn't make me break out, doesn't cake up and has a nice finish, not too matte. I like the squeeze tube too

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mayabooba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation, it stays all day, doesn't flake off my dry skin and works amazingly all day long. The coverage is perfect for my redness and it's affordable enough that I buy spares when I'm in stores whenever I can.

I have the squeezable tube and I love the fact I can control the amount I get out very easily. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I had to completely delete my review because my opinion has changed so much that it's embarrassing. I did not like this foundation at all, I don't know why, but now I love it. It has great coverage and amazing lasting power. It's inexpensive and great quality. It applies nicely with a buffing brush and blends well. When it dries it's a natural finish that isn't cakey. I'm loving this foundation and will continue to buy it!

Warning: the ivory is not ivory. It is more of a buff as it has yellow undertones, not porcelain or pink. They should really add a lighter shade, even in the wake me up foundation, ivory is pretty dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The price for this product is good (around $6) but you get what you pay for. The shade range is terrible and I hated how it felt on my skin. The coverage was very light and my face still felt sticky. The finish was really dewy and I could not imagine it would last all day on oily skin. I would not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by colleenkelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a regular user of Revlon Colorstay, and while I liked it and bought it repeatedly, I was always looking for something better. I first bought this foundation about 8 months ago. I found a perfect match for my skin tone and applied the way I applied my Colorstay - with a non-latex wedge sponge.

I hated it. It clumped on my cheeks, collected in the (very fine, almost unnoticable unless I was wearing this) lines around my mouth. It felt like I'd spread Elmer's glue all over my face. The coverage was nice, but it was just way too thick. I stuck it in with my other "emergency" cosmetics, which I do since I hate throwing anything away, and went out and bought a jar of the Colorstay Whipped. Which I loved, once I learned to apply it with my MAC 187 Duo-Fibre (aka "skunk") brush. Then I noticed that it wasn't really staying. By mid-morning I would have bare patches on each side of my nose where the oil seeped through and wore the makeup away. (I have combination skin, but I'm not terribly oily, and I do use primer.) It would collect in the tiny hairs around my eyebrows and looked really strange. So, back to the drawing board.

Then on a whim I decided to try and apply the old Rimmel stuff with my skunk brush. I applied primer, let it sit for a few minutes, then dotted this foundation on my forehead, cheeks, chin, nose, etc. Using the brush, I swirled it around and buffed it in until - well, it looked just like my skin, only better. No weird globs, no sinking into otherwise-invisible lines. Just a dab of concealer under my eyes and a tiny bit of translucent mineral powder keeps this stuff on ALL. DAY. LONG. And I glow!

So I'm glad I didn't toss this. I like it better than any of the versions of Colorstay I've tried, and I've tried them all (even that horrible whipped mousse stuff). The color matches me perfectly, and I just checked my face in a mirror. I've had this stuff on for 9 hours, and it hasn't budged. I haven't even had to blot my T-zone. I will definitely repurchase this for as long as they keep making it (which, now that I've decided I love it, will probably only be another month or so, because that's how my luck goes).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. It stayed on my skin 5-6 hour which is decent, matched me perfectly, and was relatively cheap. BUT it cakes. Very badly. not to mention it also broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation in the glass jar with the pump, boots had a 3 for 2 offer going on and I needed a third. I tried it in store and it seemed to have a nice finish and not come off after rubbing my hand (also no transfer!). It all seemed great until i tried it at home with better lighting; the lightest product in 100 Ivory is still too dark for me :( I hate wasting products so in desperation i have mixed it in with my revlon colorstay and they work wonderfully together! Much better than either on their own. Colorstay is too matte and clings to my dry skin and 25 hours is too oily... So together...magic! They are both also very long lasting which enhances each other and so far they have been working well. I also use EL double wear and that's wonderful too but im a student and need to buy cheaper products! I'll be back if the product breaks me out or is worse than i thought xx