Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 2/10/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

As someone with eczema, I tend to look for foundations which do not cling to dry flaky patches and also cover redness. This foundation does both of these things. Previously, I was using the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation and I was pretty happy with it. Rimmel Nude 25h foundation surpasses the Bourjois foundation and I wouldn't go back. It provides more coverage than healthy mix serum yet does not cake. I've also found 100 Ivory to be a good match for my NC25 skin.
I initially wanted to give it a 4/5 overall rating however I fail to see what it could improve on- especially for a drugstore foundation at such a decent price!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

There is some sort of luminizer in this foundation. You might think this sounds good, but it pools in pores (no matter how small) & if you have mature skin, it can make it look crepey. If you have flakes or dry spots, this will highlight them.

It felt very strange on, as though it was tightening or drying my skin (I didn't look more tight or dry though). Also, I found the smell quite strong & it lasted the full 1.5 hours I had it on.

Lastly, it seemed sticky going on as though it was setting up too quickly. I apply foundation with my fingers, so I'm very fast & haven't had this issue with any other product.

I will be returning this & staying with Revlon ColorStay as my d/s long lasting foundation.

on 2/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

This review is for the NEW Rimmel lasting foundation. Several reviews on the web say this is simply new packaging of the previous, same named product. IT IS DIFFERENT. I actually loved the old one, but this one is even lightyears better. It goes on more smoothly, dries more quickly and completely, and does NOT keep a tacky feel. IT LASTS HOURS AND HOURS WITHOUT ANY CHANGE. For example, this is the first foundation, (and I mean out of at least a hundred of them, and several thousand dollars) that leaves a full face of foundation on my cleansing cloth at the end of the day. It is a gorgeous finish, covers beautifully, and layers like a dream. The biggest change is that people keep telling me how good I look. Specifically about my skin glow, have I changed my hair, etc. THis is embarassing, but someone even said I looked gorgeous, which I am NOT, but isn't that the point of makeup? It is to me.

It looks like really good, well rested skin on a happy face. Important note though, I found these are lighter in shade than the original.. I used to wear Classic Beige, but it was Way too light in the sun. I can wear both true beige and sand it this, and both look fantastic. I am medium-light, by the way, and pretty neutral toned. I really recommend trying this. It is new in 2 formulation, regular coverage ( that is the one I have) and a Nude formula, which I have not tried yet but has great reviews on this site.

on 2/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Excellent foundation. Good consistency and easy buildable coverage. The 25 hour thing is just silly but it does last all day and there is minimal colour change and no going patchy.

My skin is very combination but it looks good all over and covers my acne roseacea really well. No break outs and no irritation at all.

If I were going to complain about anything I would say the palest colour could be a little more cool neutral toned but I rarely find a match for my pale Irish skin at this kind of price.

This is a budget marvel - well done Rimmel

on 2/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will be honest, I had my doubts about this foundation. The first time I used this foundation it caused horrible break outs in my skin, which is why I kept my distance from this foundation for a few days. When I ran out of my HG foundation, I thought about giving this foundation another chance. I applied it in dots all over my face and blended it with a damp beauty blender. I was shocked with the results. It gave me the most beautiful coverage, it looked so natural. I can't believe I stayed away from this foundation for so long. You just have to know how to apply this foundations to get the right result. This foundation is not too thick nor too thin in consistency. I can't really say if this lasts for 25 hours but I wore this to a wedding and it lasted approximately 12-14 hours yet I was able to take it off easily as well. It gives a dewy finish. It gives medium coverage but you can definitely build it up to higher coverage.

Pros:
1) Afforadable
2) Amazing coverage for people with light blemishes (eg. dark circles, acne spots, etc.)
3) Wide range of shade for light skin tones.
4) Does not look cakey.
5) Does not crease into fine lines and wrinkles.
6) Best choice for people with dry skin
7) Long lasting
8) Transfer resistant
9) Stays put even during extremely hot weather conditions.
10) Does not cause break outs if taken off properly.

Cons:
1) The fragrance might be irritating.
2) It might cause break outs if it's not washed off properly.
3) It might irritate extremely sensitive skin.
4) Might not be the best choice for people with oily skin.
5) Does not have a lot of shades for dark skin tones.
6) Not the best choice for people looking for sheer coverage.

I really love this foundation. And I will buy it again. You just have to take it off properly to avoid break outs. It actually gives the second skin look if applied correctly. I will definitely recommend this to everyone.

UPDATE : I have been attending a lot of weddings, graduations, parties the past few months and I have been wearing this foundation to every single event. This foundation lasts all day. I am certain that I will never stop buying this foundation. What surprised me more is that I wore this foundation when I went hiking and to the gym. I did set it with Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder but I did not touch up through out the day. It lasted all day. There was a little shine on my t-zone. But if you touch up once through out the day i am sure it will last a real long time.

on 1/28/2015 7:11:00 AM

Love this! Have strayed a few times out of curiosity but this foundation is one I always come back to. I have oily combo skin yet I hate a matte finish; this is not a matte finish but not super shiny and it lasts! I do need to powder my nose but the rest of my face stays flawless!

on 1/27/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the version that showed up in the USA at the end of 204-beg of 2015-in my area.. I wear shade 100 Ivory.
I have used a disposable angled sponge and a foundation round brush. Either way, it worked well.
No smell
yes, it does not have a pump

It feels damp, sticky when you apply it, what you would expect with a foundation for drier skin (I have combination / oily skin)
I have set it with Essence matte white powder, ELF white powder, Avon powder, ULTA face powder, NYX powder, MAC and Bare minerals. Yes all of these. It sells matte or semi matte. You have to re touch through out the day. . it becomes more dewy.

I take my make up off after work at home or before bedtime-never 25 hours.

I prefer the Revlon Colorstay foundations-dry and oily/combination.

I would not re purchase, not matte enough for my liking

on 1/23/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to use this foundation a hell of a lot when I was younger because it was cheap, it matched my skin tone well enough and it didnt break me out. I used this when I was say 14-16 years old.

Packaging- I like the glass packaging though there was indecent when I was on holiday and I dropped it and it broke. So I had to put it in a plastic bag and use it that way.. Niceee. Oh the younger me!

Formula- Thick ish, smells alright, I didnt really batter an eyelid back then but looking back it smelt rather strange.

Wear/Look/Feel- I used to apply this with my fingers (yikes, why oh why younger self) though at the time I wasnt massively into makeup and it was kinda the only way I knew how to apply it back then. it blended pretty well, i didnt wear primer or setting powder or anything like that back then and by the time i was home from school it disappeared from my face. Though I do think that with a primer/the updated formula that it would last a lot longer on me now. I liked this foundation when i was younger because it was cheap, easy to chuck on, it lasted me around 4 months, the colour matched me well and it didnt break me out in the first couple of wears using it, however towards the end I did have some breakouts around 15-16 years old ish. I chose to move on because I wanted to spend more money on something that is going to be on my face all day, and it wasn't meeting my needs anymore in terms of longevity, basically I had got my first job, and with that I was welcomed to proper girl world.. shopping and expensive things.

Price- Price ranges from £4.99-£7.99 depending on where you buy, Bodycare sell it for £4.99. That is hella cheap, almost to cheap for my liking now, especially when you will have this on your skin alllll day.

Summery- I have become makeup snobby recently and almost never purchase something from a drugstore though if no other foundation worked for me I would buy this again, as I trust it. However I am so makeup snobby I cannot bring myself to use this as my daily foundation.

I bought this foundation out of impulse because Priceline went on a clearance sale and I had been on a lookout for a good drugstore foundation. This is my first Rimmel purchase.

First impressions - I swiped a couple of samples from a good number of foundations during that sale and I had a strong preference for this one because of its finish, consistency and buildability. It glided on smoothly onto my skin and did not appear cakey or unnatural.

Upon continued use - I used this with the matching Rimmel primer and the results were amazing. My skin glowed and appeared healthy without looking too oily, and did not clump at my dry patches (e.g. around my nose). It surely did not have a matte finish, although I couldn't classify it as dewy either. It covered up my acne marks nicely, although additional application and some concealer were needed.

Packaging - Glass bottle with an efficient dispenser. May be too heavy of a bottle for travelling but it did not bother me much.

Probable cons - This product is strongly scented, just a word of caution to those who have a bad reaction to parfum.

Notes - My skin is acne-prone, combination; foundation applied with a sponge. Best used with the matching Rimmel primer.

EDIT - There were moments when this foundation somehow slid off my nose - leaving an odd uneven spot on my face. I suppose that's because of my oil problem. Lesson of the day - use a matte base if you have oily skin!

on 1/22/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This has decent coverage, but it definitely doesn't last anywhere near 25 hours. I wore it for 8 hours and even with powder it wasn't impressing me at all. Rimmel also needs to work on their color range. I almost never can find a shade that is dark enough for me, and I'm an NC42.