Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 1/27/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the version that showed up in the USA at the end of 204-beg of 2015-in my area.. I wear shade 100 Ivory.
I have used a disposable angled sponge and a foundation round brush. Either way, it worked well.
No smell
yes, it does not have a pump

It feels damp, sticky when you apply it, what you would expect with a foundation for drier skin (I have combination / oily skin)
I have set it with Essence matte white powder, ELF white powder, Avon powder, ULTA face powder, NYX powder, MAC and Bare minerals. Yes all of these. It sells matte or semi matte. You have to re touch through out the day. . it becomes more dewy.

I take my make up off after work at home or before bedtime-never 25 hours.

I prefer the Revlon Colorstay foundations-dry and oily/combination.

I would not re purchase, not matte enough for my liking

on 1/23/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to use this foundation a hell of a lot when I was younger because it was cheap, it matched my skin tone well enough and it didnt break me out. I used this when I was say 14-16 years old.

Packaging- I like the glass packaging though there was indecent when I was on holiday and I dropped it and it broke. So I had to put it in a plastic bag and use it that way.. Niceee. Oh the younger me!

Formula- Thick ish, smells alright, I didnt really batter an eyelid back then but looking back it smelt rather strange.

Wear/Look/Feel- I used to apply this with my fingers (yikes, why oh why younger self) though at the time I wasnt massively into makeup and it was kinda the only way I knew how to apply it back then. it blended pretty well, i didnt wear primer or setting powder or anything like that back then and by the time i was home from school it disappeared from my face. Though I do think that with a primer/the updated formula that it would last a lot longer on me now. I liked this foundation when i was younger because it was cheap, easy to chuck on, it lasted me around 4 months, the colour matched me well and it didnt break me out in the first couple of wears using it, however towards the end I did have some breakouts around 15-16 years old ish. I chose to move on because I wanted to spend more money on something that is going to be on my face all day, and it wasn't meeting my needs anymore in terms of longevity, basically I had got my first job, and with that I was welcomed to proper girl world.. shopping and expensive things.

Price- Price ranges from £4.99-£7.99 depending on where you buy, Bodycare sell it for £4.99. That is hella cheap, almost to cheap for my liking now, especially when you will have this on your skin alllll day.

Summery- I have become makeup snobby recently and almost never purchase something from a drugstore though if no other foundation worked for me I would buy this again, as I trust it. However I am so makeup snobby I cannot bring myself to use this as my daily foundation.

I bought this foundation out of impulse because Priceline went on a clearance sale and I had been on a lookout for a good drugstore foundation. This is my first Rimmel purchase.

First impressions - I swiped a couple of samples from a good number of foundations during that sale and I had a strong preference for this one because of its finish, consistency and buildability. It glided on smoothly onto my skin and did not appear cakey or unnatural.

Upon continued use - I used this with the matching Rimmel primer and the results were amazing. My skin glowed and appeared healthy without looking too oily, and did not clump at my dry patches (e.g. around my nose). It surely did not have a matte finish, although I couldn't classify it as dewy either. It covered up my acne marks nicely, although additional application and some concealer were needed.

Packaging - Glass bottle with an efficient dispenser. May be too heavy of a bottle for travelling but it did not bother me much.

Probable cons - This product is strongly scented, just a word of caution to those who have a bad reaction to parfum.

Notes - My skin is acne-prone, combination; foundation applied with a sponge. Best used with the matching Rimmel primer.

EDIT - There were moments when this foundation somehow slid off my nose - leaving an odd uneven spot on my face. I suppose that's because of my oil problem. Lesson of the day - use a matte base if you have oily skin!

on 1/22/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This has decent coverage, but it definitely doesn't last anywhere near 25 hours. I wore it for 8 hours and even with powder it wasn't impressing me at all. Rimmel also needs to work on their color range. I almost never can find a shade that is dark enough for me, and I'm an NC42.

on 1/11/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Honestly I love this foundation! I have Dior, Lancome, MAC and this by far has to be my fave! I have always re-purchased this and due to the packaging change I picked up 2 of my colour for £4 each from my b&m bargains store but it is around £7/8 in superdrug and boots.
I love how I can change the coverage as it is buildable and it works well on my dry skin. I am in the colour 010 light porcaline and it matches great.
The foundation does not look cakey on my skin which means I can use more products on my face without my face looking like I got slapped in the face with makeup.
I would reccomend this for sure!

on 1/11/2015 1:31:00 PM

This foundation provides full coverage and a satin/skin-like finish on my skin. In terms of lasting power, it lasts over 12 hours on me and keeps oils at bay. I find it looks really flawless but doesn't look or feel cakey. The shade I wear is 10 Light Porcelain, which is around a MAC NW15 and it does not oxidize on me. The one small problem I have is that the foundation feels quite tacky when you apply it, but that does go away shortly after. For the price, I think it compares to high end foundations and I would recommend it to everyone.

on 1/9/2015 7:39:00 PM

I've recently bought this foundation expecting great results based on the numerous positive reviews that have been given about the foundation. Most things said about this foundation I have found to be true (good light-medium cover, great pump action glass bottle for packaging, doesn't irritate my skin, reasonably price) except that even with the second lightest colour, that foundation oxidized on my skin, turning a darker, slightly orangey colour. Now in saying this, I didn't use a primer either of the times I've used it but still, I think that it shouldn't do that. Not with how many good reviews it got. But I will keep using that foundation, probably go buy a primer, as I don't like wasting money.

on 1/1/2015 7:15:00 PM

This product is NOT discontinued in the US. The packaging has changed from tube to glass bottle. It's the same name, same product and same shade selection. My local Walgreens recently put up a big new display with the new look and a new primer for the Lasting Finish foundation.

on 12/22/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely one of my favorites. Goes on smooth and looks like 2nd skin but with amazing coverage. Gives a medium coverage and you can build it to a heavy coverage. Lasts for hours on my oily face. Bummed out that it's only sold in the glass tube now, I really liked the squeeze tube it used to be in.

on 12/12/2014 1:05:00 PM

I have really enjoyed since product since hearing about it from a YouTube beauty guru but it has been harder to find recently so I asked the question on Facebook and it was confirmed that this has been discontinued in the US. I do not know about other countries...