April 21, 2014 | 1221 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by pierce0566

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product light weight, absorbs right into my skin, refreshing scent, didn't break me out im super sensitive and oily even at 46. Overall a great product with a nice price to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I freakin' love this shiz!!!!!! My skin is oily and super acne prone. This moisturizer is meant for combo/normal skin.. I think it works better with oily skin. It doesn't leave your skin greasy. It feels über refreshing and cool. It smells amazing too. All garnier does. I will definitely be repurchasing! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this moisturizer... most of the time. It's very light, absorbs quickly into the skin, and doesn't leave any film/residue. However, I have really, really dry skin, especially in the winter, so this isn't moisturizing enough for me right now. in spring, summer, and fall, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite moisturizer and I really can't see myself using anything else. I first purchased this because it sort of resembled Clinique's Moisture Surge. Paying $40 for a moisturizer just isn't an option for me so I decided to try this out. The first thing I noticed was the packaging. Alot of people complain that the packaging is not hygienic because you have to dip your fingers into the jar to get the product. I really don't mind because it's just me that uses it and I always have clean hands before applying. It's the first product I use after cleansing my face in the morning so I don't have to worry about cross contamination from another product. The next thing I noticed was the smell. This stuff has grape water in it so it was a very fresh (I wouldn't say fruity) scent to it. Smells great but doesn't linger which is good, who wants their face to smell for up to an hour lol. When you apply it, it doesn't resemble a cream at all. Very gel like. It goes on and absorbs into the skin SO QUICKLY. The reason I steered from traditional moisturizers is because it would take so long for it to seep into my skin and then it'd leave a residue that would make my foundation brush drag and look streaky. With this stuff, it goes on a little wet, I give my hair a quick brushing and by the time I'm done, it has completely absorbed into my skin and it just feels like very soft skin instead of skin that has lotion on it. I pretty much use this as a foundation primer because since it's a gel formula (and does have a bit of alcohol in it), it kinda dries up the oilies while still making the skin soft. I love this stuff. It's never caused any breakouts or anything (and any and everything causes me to break out). I only use it in the morning before I apply my makeup (as at night I use proactiv) and one jar lasted me for 4 months because it doesn't take alot to do your face. It could be cheaper ($8 at Walmart isn't bad but $10 at CVS is) but I have to have it lol. I have also tried the dry skin formula and will soon by writing a review on that. Love this stuff. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by KikiCrystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product has alcohol listed as the third ingredient, so I only apply to my t zone(I have dry cheeks&chin, oily t zone, and acne prone skin), this made my chin break out a bit, and the area around my mouth a bit dry. It is great on my t zone, though, it works to help control oil a bit while moisturizing. The packaging isn't very hygienic, but I think that the formula wouldn't work well with a pump, so a jar it is. You could use a q tip or a mini plastic scoop for the product as I do.

Overall, this is a good DS moisturizer if you have oily skin, but people with dry skin, I'm not sure if this would be the best suggestion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Maccazan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always liked gel-moisturizers better. What I love about this one is the way it is rapidly absorbed, and instantly gives a sensation of freshness to my skin. The amount I need is minimal, therefore that tiny jar can last for months.

It has an amazing scent (which is usually a huge issue for me). What else can I say? Everything about this moisturizer makes me happy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Love this product it is great for my skin. This is not for dry skinned people, if you have dry skin and have this I'd suggest using under makeup or under primer
Pros
-product dries fast so no greasy feeling on skin
-amazing refreshing light scent with a nice cooling sensation
-pretty cheap price and u only need a bit to do whole face so great value
-I like the packaging it allows you to use entire product with no waste (I don't get people's obsession with everything needing a pump)
-skin feels fresh and healthy after applying and I don't feel like it's clogging pores
Cons
-no SPF
Over all great product I think it will be great in summer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

I really like this moisturizer. It's one of the few products that I've been dying to repurchase (this is rare for me since I'm really picky and rarely love a product enough). It is very moisturizing but somehow it's still very light weight and is oil-free so it doesn't make my oily skin extra greasy and doesn't break me out. This is perfect for for the harsh winters here in Canada for those with oily & acne-prone skin :)

The ONLY down side for me, as others have mentioned, is the packaging. I wouldn't mind paying an extra dollar or two for it to be in a pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a good hydrating gel (I wouldn't call it a moisturizer) for combination to oily skin. It is great if moisturizers are too heavy/greasy for you, but you still need a product to get rid of dry patches, or if your face feels tight after cleansing but gets oily throughout the day. This will add the perfect balance. I suggest applying after you get out of the shower, while skin is slightly damp, which will retain the moisture better. It does have alcohol in it, unfortunately, which will result in the product sinking into the skin very quickly if you have dry skin, leaving you with little to no moisture. Hence, I only suggest this for oily dehydrated types like me! I had a bad reaction to an AHA product due to my sensitive skin, which resulted in dry patches all over my face for a week, yet my skin would produce oil throughout the day. This product really helped restore my natural glow, and the alcohol in it did not irritate my skin at all. I will be searching for a similar gel-cream product without the alcohol, but this is still a good product to add a bit of balance to oily skin.

EDIT: While I still think this is a good gel for oily skin, I have replaced it with Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion, which has very simple yet effective ingredients, performs the same if not better than this, and doesn't contain alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this. It absorbs quickly and hydrates well. I'm almost done with it! I love the gel texture.