Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Moisture rescue is an extremely accurate name for this product. I've always had trouble with dry skin, because I use a lot of acne products which tend to be drying. The acne creams would help my acne, but dry my skin and when I would try to re-moisturize, the oily moisturizers would create more acne. I even tried the clean and clear brand medicated moisturizers, but nothing worked. But this stuff feels seriously good on your face and works like a miracle. It smells nice, has a smooth texture, and works really really well under makeup, but best of all, no oil, no acne. It lasts for an entire day, and actually seems to smooth my complexion under my makeup for a more flawless appearance. It soaks in almost immediately for a cool, fresh feel. LOVE this. The only problem I had was that it comes in a bulky glass jar, which is really unnecessary. It would be much better in a pump or tube.

on 8/11/2013 4:30:00 AM

i like this product when i first started using night cream. but because of unavoidable sun exposure, i switched to one that can help reduce spots and moisturize better

on 8/7/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Picked this up for $7 at Walmart. Pretty good price I thought. It's a light tell moisturizer and feels great on the skin. Used it after a day in the sun and it cooled and refreshed my skin. Would I repurchase? Yes!

I use to buy this moisturizer years ago when it first came out and I don't know why I ever switched. It is made without mineral oil and other oils and is such a cooling light moisturizer good for sensitive and acne-prone skin. During the winter, it might not be quite heavy enough to protect your skin depending on your environment but for most of the year it's great and doesn't cause breakouts for me.

I only wish that it was in a pump or squeeze tube rather than an open vat.

on 8/6/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really liked this as a day moisturizer, especially in the summer time. Just as it says I found it felt very refreshing and light on the skin.

Sinks in almost immediately, and doesn't leave a film or residue. I have an oiler skin type, with a tendency to become shiny especially in the t-zone area, I found this helped reduce shininess and greasiness.

Hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts for me and I've repurchased this twice in the last 6 months. Might avoid this if you have a drier skin type as it is quite light. I feel one of the downsides is that it doesn't have any SPF protection.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is literally a dupe for the Clinique moisture surge (besides the fragrance being different). I use this after i have washed my face and sprayed on a non-alcohol base toner. I would sometimes put another light moisturizer on top when i have drier skin. I hate when a moisturizer leaves a thick waxy layer on the skin. So I love this product because it seeps right into my skin immediately. Its light and perfect for the summer. For the price compared to the Clinque version, i would definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've recently been having extremely dry skin due to a benzoyl peroxide face wash I'm currently using. I usually have oily skin so I wanted to buy a moisturizer that wouldn't give me more oil. I was hoping this moisturizer would help with my irritated itchy skin but it did not work at all. At first it feels soothing and cool but it quickly absorbed into my skin and did not give it any moisture. The only thing I love about it was the texture and smell, I just wish it worked for me.

on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 AM

Literal skin rescue.

A light-weight non-greasy gel creme that's great for use in summer. It moisturizes well and has a nice clean fragrance.

on 6/29/2013 1:00:00 AM

I love this moisturizer! I have combination skin, so although my skin can be oily in some spots, it still needs to be hydrated, and this cream is perfect for that. The whole jar lasted me nearly a year because you barely need any. If you have dry skin, this won't be enough for you, though.
It also doesn't leave a residue or irritate my skin, although I have had allergic reactions to certain moisturizers in the past.

Popular Moisturizers