April 18, 2014 | 1887 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by gumbyguy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Discontinued? I think not. I just bought this in Hong Kong.

This is a tough one. I love ANR Eyes. And I think it's crap. Estee Lauder claims that this product can rebuild, de-puff, brighten, hydrate, and smooth. If it does, I haven't seen it. And I've been using this stuff for three months. It seems to be okay at hydrating but that's about it.

BUT it's brilliant on my nails. Two years ago I ill-advisedly used nail product, Barielle, which claimed to strengthen and lengthen the nails, but all it did was make my nails chip, split and peel. Thanks, Barielle, for stubby, shredded nails at my wedding.

Anywho, fast forward to the present. I began using ANR Eyes as it came in a package with ANR. I try everything on my nails in hopes that it will resuscitate, so tried ANR Eyes. And surprisingly, it worked!

My nails have stopped chipping and breaking. The peeling has finally, finally ended. My nails have now grown out long and beautiful. The cuticles have even re-attached themselves to the nails. My nails glow and look amazingly healthy.

I take tiny dots of gel and rub it into my nails several times a day. I love that it absorbs right away. So, in summary, nails = magical, under eyes = might as well use vaseline.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lyly223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

help with the buff but not under eyes circle ( i event tries out for 2 jars hopefully long term use will help but it's wasn't) since i look for both but this is not the right product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is the texture of vaseline / lip balm. It is a lot goopier than what I thought it would be. I like this since it moisuturises and is a fantastic base for concealer since it lasts much longer and appears to prime it very well. It has however, made my skin sensitive so it stings a bit everytime I apply this, which is a common complaint. I have not used it enough to determine if it gives me milia or not but this is not a cream as it is a thick whipped gel. It improves the overall appearance of the skin around the eyes but does nothing for circles. I hate the jar, it is unhygenic and uneconomical since it is a square jar and is only 15ml, inevitably it would be a struggle to get the last 50% out when you are half way through.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just okay as a moisturizer-- I've been using it for several months and haven't seen any improvement vis a vis fine lines/dryness. I'm sure there are better eye creams out there that are less expensive and work better; I've yet to find it though! Probably will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by macqueen87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I most recently had a baby and as we know sleep doesn' come easy. I started to really notice the circles under my eyes, so Istarted to experiment. Noting seemed to work until I started to use this product. At first it wasn't really working but the feel of it was very refreshing, plus i loved how it made my eye shadow look so vibrant. After a few weeks I started to really see a difference. I have been using it ever since. I have been using it in the morning and at night and I feel that gives me the best results. However this product does not have immediate results, you have to give it a week or two to take effect. All and all I am very pleased with this product and would highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by hutch_23

I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin forever on my face and under my eyes. I never had problems with it, but within the last year I noticed some slight puffiness, so I bought this because I had heard it's supposed to be good for that.
In my opinion, Estee Lauder should revamp the formula because it's basically useless. It's a glorified moisturizer that looks good immediately after applied, but loses all effect once absorbed. I used this faithfully every night for 5 months and actually noticed fine lines form. I never had even a hint of lines before using this! (I've been taking good care of my skin and using sunscreen for ages). I guess getting off retinol was not a good idea.
Any effect it had on puffiness and circles is minimal and basically undetectable. I didn't even bother finishing the jar which was hard for me because it's expensive.
Don't buy this. There are much better eye creams out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This leaves my eyes feeling soft and smooth. It is not too heavy on my oily skin. It helps to reduce dark circles as well. It just smooths the whole eye area beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

As for fine lines and wrinkles, this really doesn't do much. Not from what I've noticed. What I love about this product is the silky smooth feeling it leaves the eye area and the way eye makeup (shadow especially) goes on after applying this. I find this interchangeable with Perfectionist CP+ Wrinkle Lifting Serum. Both products seem the same to me with little difference in the end result, however I've never purchased either one and don't plan to.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have been using a deluxe sample of this cream regularly at night for the past 2 weeks even though my eyes are not prone to puffiness and dark circles. however, as i've been quite fatigued the past few nights, my undereye is a little dark. in spite of applying the cream, it didn't do much to reduce the darkening. i wanted to try the new time zone cream but it was out of stock and got this instead. won't buy it because it doesn't really do anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by beverlyx

While I'm not crazy about the price, this product is the only thing that can de-puff my eyes in the mornings. I would not advise anyone with very dry skin to use it because it isn't a heavy moisturizer- it's a gel and gels are always lighter and more ideal for oily skin types. Even though it's light, a jar of this lasts me over 6 months- a little bit goes a very long way- and I use it in the AM and PM.