MAC Matte - Omega

4.6

on 3/9/2011 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was recommended to me as a brow filler at the MAC counter. I have very full brows and because they have a nice shape, it never occurred to me to use powder on them. I am so glad I listened though! It helps making me look more put together. I use an EcoTools angled eyeliner brush to apply it and it looks great. It looks very natural.

Well I had written a review on this one before saying I wouldn't repurchase because my skin tone changes by getting lighter in the winter. I'm a NW20 and pretty much don't like how my skin looks period in the winter, I feel I look pale no matter what I do, and bronzers just make me feel like an oopma loompa. I tried Omega again now and just applied it a bit lighter than what I do in the summer, when my skin looks alive once again, and it gives me a luminous natural daytime look for my eyes. It is the kind of taupe, skin gray tone that you see actresses on television wear. I like to use Groundwork paintpot as a base and use Omega all over the lid and the crease, with a lighter color like brule or bisque as a top color.
Edit- I must admit I did tire again of this color, but I found coquette to achieve the look I was going for.

on 1/19/2011 11:19:00 PM

After trying many things for my eyebrows, I was recommended this my a MAC artist. Been in love ever since. I've never really used it for it's purpose as an eyeshadow, but for eyebrows its works wonders.

PROS: Recommended for my brows by an SA. Okay match for me (my eyebrows are like a light to medium brown that is cool-toned.) MAC calls it "muted beige-taupe." It's quite light compared to that description, though. Finish is matte, which is a pro to me, especially for brows. Good amount of pigment, as usual from MAC's shadows.

CONS: Being a N15, leaning to NC, this would be too cool for my lids for shadow. Mattes are not my favorite finish by MAC; they're generally a bit harder to blend. This is just a tiny bit too warm for me.

ALTERNATES: If you can wear this, you may like "Kid," which is very similar to this, but a tiny bit warmer (still cool) and just slightly darker. The only 2 things I've found that are cool enough for my ash brows are YSL's brow pencil that is a true taupe (slightly cooler than this) and Elf's wax/powder combo they have in "ash" (or even "medium.").

****The color on the lid in the first pic. looks a little warm compared to what it looks like on my lid.****

on 12/31/2010 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was one of my must haves when I built my neutral pro palette, and it really is to die for. The shade is a cool-toned mink, which blends beautifully with Coquette or Copperplate. It looks gorgeous on cool-toned skins, very 60's minx! This will be a constant repurchase for me. The consistency is easy to work with and the shade is perfect for either day or night. Love this.

on 12/8/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good color overall - a nice minky shade for some natural-ish crease work, or for smoking/fading out darker eyeshadows. Being an extremely cool, almost ashy medium brown, you never run the risk of looking tired or sick, as you would with warm and orange-toned colors. However some caution is needed as this could easily look muddy or scruffy if not applied properly (aka, not recommended as an all over lid color for fair skin). Works like a dream as a brow filler for blond/light brunette people since, as I mentioned above, it's cool and not at all intense. It can come off a bit chalky at times but over a base there's no such issue and it just goes on flat and opaque and works great as a more "serious" contour color, as well as a more subtle bottom lashline option. This is one I would always like to have around, so I would repurchase.

on 11/11/2010 5:05:00 PM

I love this eye/shadow color... it's very smooth and it's the perfect all over lid color for my skintone ( NC37)with urban decay's darkhorse in the crease = perfection with my green eyes ! I would repurchase this again once i run out of it.

on 10/17/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Omega is the eyeshadow I bought for my eyebrows and I use it every single day for filling them in. It's a great natural color and doesn't show up too dark or too light. My eyebrows are light brown, but my hair is dirty blonde so omega is the perfect color for me. I also use it as a lid color and a crease color. It's so versatile and great for natural looks or even darker looks! I have had it since May and I've just hit pan on it. This will definitely get repurchased very soon so that I have a backup!

on 9/20/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omega is one of my favourite shadows. It's a light to medium beigey taupe. It's very similar to wedge, which I've also tried, but wedge has more red/pink undertone. Great to wear as a soft wash or in the crease for a natural definition to the eyes. Also great for contouring for fair skin!

on 9/15/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a fairly matte light brown. I bought this when it was used for a bridal look on MAC's website a few years ago. I sometimes use this as a brow filler when I want my brows to have more definition without looking fake. I also use it as a subtle crease color or as an all-over color wash on my lids just to add a bit of neutral color. A very versatile color that wears well throughout the day.