November 28, 2014 | 1922 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Parichella

Hi, I started using this 1.5 weeks ago and my skin looks terrible. Is this the purging phase. I went to shoppers and the lady who sold the stuff to me said it was def the purging phase and to continue. I saw her yesterday. Can someone please help me! I have a bunch of pimples and bumps on my face right now and I've never experienced this before. Please help if anyone knows what's going on.. Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was prescribed this by my dermatologist for my sensitized, clogged up and broken out skin. I've been using it for about a month now and I have about half the tube left over. I use it after the Effaclar gel cleanser, applying it all over my face, not just on spots. It claims to unclog pores, which I haven't noticed that much, but it definitely does NOT clog me up more, irritate or break me out. It has been effective, but don't expect overnight results. Give it at least a week. The La Roche products for acne-prone skin, I've noticed, are about gentle, consistent care for sensitive skin, and definitely work. The only downside to this is the slightly steep price at about 12 pounds and the painful burning if it comes in contact with an open wound or scratched up pimple on your face. It does burn a lot, but only has a positive effect even on those pimples/wounds. Definitely recommend this, and will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by NicoleLov3ly

Love this! It is amazing. I live in Minnesota, US, and my skin is horrible, the weather changes, stress and I have had cystic acne. I thought I would always have acne on my face. This was a game changer! I got this as a gratis item from the La Roche Posay training I had attended and immediately wanted to try it! After using twice a day for two days my skin was immediately different. My pores were smaller, blemishes significantly smaller and I was getting great compliments from friends and family! It does have micronized benzoyl perioxide and micro LHA which is more effective than Salicylic Acid. However IT IS NOT A SPOT TREATMENT, during training I was told by the vendor that you apply a very THIN layer to all over the face. Make sure you are using a great moisturizer because it can be drying. I follow up with my LRP Anthelios sunscreen during the day and at night I use Tarte Maracuja Oil.. You can purchase this at select Target stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I hade a huge acne attack on my chin and after reading the reviews here I bought this cream and used it morning and evening. After two days my attack was almost gone!! Wow! It works on me. And now I have been using this everyday for three weeks and I'm still satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

BEEN USING THIS SINCE IM 15. BEST PRODUCT EVER. I LITERALLY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. WHEN I SEE THAT IM GETTING A PIMPLE ON MY FACE I PUT A BIT OF THE PRODUCT ON AND IT DISAPEARS THE NEXT MORNING. AMAZING. I KNOW AT LEAST 6 GIRL FRIENDS THAT LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO. I DONT USE IT ALL OVER MY FACE, ONLY WHEN I HAVE IMPERFECTIONS OR A PIMPLE. MUST HAVE!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off by saying that I do have slightly sensitive, acne prone skin. I was hoping this would be gentle enough on my skin to not cause a reaction, but every time I use it, my face breaks out into these little red, hive-like bumps, which is basically like an allergic reaction. It didn't do anything for my acne at all, my face just looked like a huge ol' mess. I was really hoping this would work for me, since I heard such great reviews on this :( I just don't think this product is right for me, and it would be a lot more suitable for people who don't have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product has been a saviour for my skin! I had tried so many other acne-fighting products. My skin is very sensitive so I had a lot of trouble with some of the more harsh products (such as benzoyl peroxide in the Regimen).
After about two months of using this twice a day (in conjunction with the rest of the Effaclar line), my face was virtually acne-free. I am so grateful for this product. I will probably re-purchase it forever. I only use it once a day now and it still works wonders. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by amkclaes

So, I've been using this for a while but I'm cutting it out of my routine because I'm trying to purge my skincare of products tested on animals. This stuff is good. Not so good I couldn't live without it. I find it works better as a spot treatment than an allover treatment, and that using it every other day yields better results. I found a sort of replacement in Paula's Choice CLEAR acne treatment (it's an all-over 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream that is half the price of this) that I have yet to try, but I've already tried going some nights without this product and my skin was none the worse for wear. I do find though that if I have a stubborn zit or a bad breakout, a few layers of this can dramatically reduce that by the next day. It is pretty gentle. I used it after cleansing every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the last few months i have had a huge amount of breakouts and the worst of it was, that they were gigantic ones! A lot of people had recommended this to me, so wanted to see if it would work.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo not only unclogs and purifies the pores from future breakouts but it significantly reduces the size of existing blemishes and gets rid of dead skin cells, leaving a more clearer complexion.

The Effaclar Duo is a light gel formula, that can be used day and night or when your skin feels like it's going to breakout. However, i just used the product at night. It is a watery consistency, so i would recommend letting it absorb into the skin before you apply any sort of makeup.

This has been a miracle worker for me and i absolutely love it! I am trying not to use it continuously because my skin doesn't need it and it does dry out my skin a bit. I only use this on my blemished areas or where i can feel a spot coming through. Once my skin looks like it's calming down, i then return to my normal night routine.

I have before and after pictures on my blog, so feel free to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased Effaclar Duo along with the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel and the Thermal Spring Water about 4 Months ago. My skin is combination with breakouts mostly around my chin area and whatever i used made my skin too oily or too dry. So i brought all the products and used only them in my skincare routine morning and night. At first the Effaclar Duo really dried my face out and seemed to make everything worse. It went on like this for a couple of weeks until i decided to try mixing it with my previous moisturiser (Neutrogena oil free moisturiser) then it finally worked! My skin started clearing up amazingly after about 10 days of doing this. I would recommend the product to anyone with confusing combination skin like mine as it really does work! I think the trick for me has also been using the other two La Roche Posay products (the face wash removes oil without drying too much, the thermal water adds back suppleness and light moisture then the duo mixed in with moisturiser controls the oil) I would recommend all three products without a doubt, but if you only brought one i would say buy Effaclar Duo and experiment a little to you get the amount your skin needs!