October 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I hade a huge acne attack on my chin and after reading the reviews here I bought this cream and used it morning and evening. After two days my attack was almost gone!! Wow! It works on me. And now I have been using this everyday for three weeks and I'm still satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

BEEN USING THIS SINCE IM 15. BEST PRODUCT EVER. I LITERALLY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. WHEN I SEE THAT IM GETTING A PIMPLE ON MY FACE I PUT A BIT OF THE PRODUCT ON AND IT DISAPEARS THE NEXT MORNING. AMAZING. I KNOW AT LEAST 6 GIRL FRIENDS THAT LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO. I DONT USE IT ALL OVER MY FACE, ONLY WHEN I HAVE IMPERFECTIONS OR A PIMPLE. MUST HAVE!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off by saying that I do have slightly sensitive, acne prone skin. I was hoping this would be gentle enough on my skin to not cause a reaction, but every time I use it, my face breaks out into these little red, hive-like bumps, which is basically like an allergic reaction. It didn't do anything for my acne at all, my face just looked like a huge ol' mess. I was really hoping this would work for me, since I heard such great reviews on this :( I just don't think this product is right for me, and it would be a lot more suitable for people who don't have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product has been a saviour for my skin! I had tried so many other acne-fighting products. My skin is very sensitive so I had a lot of trouble with some of the more harsh products (such as benzoyl peroxide in the Regimen).
After about two months of using this twice a day (in conjunction with the rest of the Effaclar line), my face was virtually acne-free. I am so grateful for this product. I will probably re-purchase it forever. I only use it once a day now and it still works wonders. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by amkclaes

So, I've been using this for a while but I'm cutting it out of my routine because I'm trying to purge my skincare of products tested on animals. This stuff is good. Not so good I couldn't live without it. I find it works better as a spot treatment than an allover treatment, and that using it every other day yields better results. I found a sort of replacement in Paula's Choice CLEAR acne treatment (it's an all-over 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream that is half the price of this) that I have yet to try, but I've already tried going some nights without this product and my skin was none the worse for wear. I do find though that if I have a stubborn zit or a bad breakout, a few layers of this can dramatically reduce that by the next day. It is pretty gentle. I used it after cleansing every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the last few months i have had a huge amount of breakouts and the worst of it was, that they were gigantic ones! A lot of people had recommended this to me, so wanted to see if it would work.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo not only unclogs and purifies the pores from future breakouts but it significantly reduces the size of existing blemishes and gets rid of dead skin cells, leaving a more clearer complexion.

The Effaclar Duo is a light gel formula, that can be used day and night or when your skin feels like it's going to breakout. However, i just used the product at night. It is a watery consistency, so i would recommend letting it absorb into the skin before you apply any sort of makeup.

This has been a miracle worker for me and i absolutely love it! I am trying not to use it continuously because my skin doesn't need it and it does dry out my skin a bit. I only use this on my blemished areas or where i can feel a spot coming through. Once my skin looks like it's calming down, i then return to my normal night routine.

I have before and after pictures on my blog, so feel free to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased Effaclar Duo along with the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel and the Thermal Spring Water about 4 Months ago. My skin is combination with breakouts mostly around my chin area and whatever i used made my skin too oily or too dry. So i brought all the products and used only them in my skincare routine morning and night. At first the Effaclar Duo really dried my face out and seemed to make everything worse. It went on like this for a couple of weeks until i decided to try mixing it with my previous moisturiser (Neutrogena oil free moisturiser) then it finally worked! My skin started clearing up amazingly after about 10 days of doing this. I would recommend the product to anyone with confusing combination skin like mine as it really does work! I think the trick for me has also been using the other two La Roche Posay products (the face wash removes oil without drying too much, the thermal water adds back suppleness and light moisture then the duo mixed in with moisturiser controls the oil) I would recommend all three products without a doubt, but if you only brought one i would say buy Effaclar Duo and experiment a little to you get the amount your skin needs!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by albs

I don't use this as a regular part of my skin care routine, I use it more as a spot treatment. I don't usually just get one spot. If I break out in one spot more often follow and it becomes really hard to get things under control again. I apply this if I'm having such an experience. I apply it to the entire area; if I'm breaking out on my chin I apply it to my entire chin, or if I have a couple spots on my cheek I apply it to the entire side affected. Sometimes I use it all over. I don't find that it dries my skin out as long as I use a light moisturizer with it, and even without I don't find it very harsh at all. It usually clears things up very quickly and prevents more spots. Sometimes I notice a difference in big spots within the day. I haven't noticed a reduction in blackheads but perhaps if I used it prophylactically rather than as needed I would. I'll always make sure I have this on hand, I haven't found anything that works quite like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jadey92x

I bought this product after trying out many moisturisers and skin care regimes for my combination/oily skin. I've been using this product as a morning moisturiser for about 3 months now and to begin with I didn't see a huge difference. However after using it (along with the physiological micellar cleansing solution) for this time the blackheads on my chin and the annoying spots in between my eyebrows have finally gone. The pores on my nose are also finally disappearing but I don't know if it's down to necessarily this one product as I have been using the Dermalogica exfoliator three times a week.

The overall consistency is very light when applying to the skin and is good for sensitive skin as it doesn't have any fragrance. I've only used this product in the summer months so I'm not sure how well it'd work in the winter months in the scottish winters.

Overall I'd definitely recommend this product as it lasts for 3-4 hours, and although its's slightly expensive a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have suffered from blackheads, whiteheads, cystic acne for my entire adult life, which I believe is hormonal. I've tried hundreds of over-the-counter and prescription acne products.

Last week I was trying to remember back to the times when my skin was clearer for any significant length of time. At one point retin-a kept me clear for a few years, but the last few years when I had tried various types of retinoids, nothing good came out of it. All that resulted was horrendous initial breakouts, but without the next phase ever coming through. At one point I even had to go on antibiotics because my face was so infected and broken out from retinoids (and I never use antibiotics unless it's an emergency).

So I was trying to remember if there was ever another time when I was more or less clear for any length of time. And I remembered that when I used benzoyl peroxide consistently, my skin was better. (But I had attributed it to other things in the past.) However, I really do not like using BP because it comes in creams, which I hate using on my already-oily skin. So I began searching for BP which came in a more of a gel base. That's when I stumbled upon this product. The funny thing is that I had used a tube of this a few years ago, but had no recollection of whether it was a great product or not. But I did remember that around that time my skin wasn't too terrible.

I was very reluctant to purchase this because I do not like products by La Roche Posay at all. I had tried one of their sunscreens last summer, and as soon as I began sweating, my face was a disgusting greasy mess and I had to reach for the first thing I could find in my car to try to wipe my face. And I had used their Effaclar K with zero results. My skin just does not respond to salicylic acid (or glycolic acid or sulfur or tee tree oil or much of anything else for that matter).

As a side note, when I began searching for BP in gel form, another product I found was DDF BP gel 5% with tee tree oil, and I got a sample of it to try. It left me peeling and raw. I had pieces of skin peeling off through my makeup. Well, similar to retin-a effects at the start. So I went to this one. I had zero expectations. But holy cow. Within 2 days all of my active acne was gone. I've learned that my skin just likes BP, but in a gel form. I still have tons of discoloration from years of acne suffering, but my skin is clear. I keep praying that my skin doesn't become immune to it.

The first few days the skin feels very tight and very dry, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to the results. So use a moisturizer even if you have very oily skin.

So in conclusion, after 2 days my skin was mostly clear. Of course I understand that it did not cure me. Cure can only come from the inside, holistically. As soon as you stop using whatever cream or pill is helping, the skin will go back to the way it was. So it's not a cure, because the underlying problem is still there. And I understand that there are consequences to using chemicals. And some say that BP causes cancer. But it's just nice to have a little breather from the inflammation and acne.

P.S. If your skin responds well to BP, you do not have to use this particular product. There are many cheaper ones. It's just hard to find one that is not 10% and that is not too thick and creamy. I am thinking of trying the BP from acne.org because it is so much cheaper.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No