September 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Dark Kiss

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the body splash, cream, and lotion in this scent and I love them all.

I am not skilled at identifying notes in perfume but I smell berries, vanilla, and amber. My coworker smelled Skittles, apparently, but she said she liked it.

It's very long-lasting, even though I don't have the EDT. I love the scent and have given it as gifts to family members and friends and they love it, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ddpanda

I have this in the EDT (and the lotion) - it is GORGEOUS. I never tried the body spray, so I can't comment on that. I am so impressed with BBW these days; the quality of their products have really jumped to a higher level. This EDT has good staying power on me, too. The berry notes are not artificial like BS Midnight Fantasy - that perfume reminds me of children's Dimatap cough medicine - that fake, grape note. This is so much richer, sexier, warmer - again, absolutely gorgeous! The bottle is beautiful, too! With the amazing sales BBW has been having the past few months, you can't complain about the price, either. I love this so much, I have a backup of both the EDT and the lotion. I hope this remains in their line indefinitely!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was so underwhelmed by this. When I smelled it, I instantly thought "well that's it? Come on, it smells exactly like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy perfume". I know that for sure since I OWN this perfume and wear it often.

* Side note :

It was my first time ever entering a BBW store (in Canada, there are only about 4 stores, including only one near where I live). I have to say I was not impressed at all. I find that the YT gurus rave about the scents way too much. I've used a ton of products similar to those sold at BBW, if not better. Good for you Americans, your sales are great though - ours not so much. Here it's way pricier to buy products at BBW and for the price, I don't think it's worth it. The only thing I am willing to splurge on is candles.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by linzerophe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The scent is very sweet. Supposedly it's the only fragrance BBW currently carries with both floral and fruity notes, but I don't really smell the floral. It smells exactly like Haribo blackberry candy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lisaaja9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume (body spray, what have you) seems to engender an extreme response in those who don't like it. I personally think it's a lovely fall winter fragrance. It is quite a bit more sophisticated than most of BBW's line though. I think the note most are objecting to is the strong incense in the top notes the notes in this fragrance are: bergamot, incense, mirabelle plum, black raspberry, amber, burgundy rose, geranium, peony, dark vanilla bean, labdunum, vetiver, balsam and musk. For comparisons sake here are the notes for Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (which many people have compared this to) black cherry, framboise, (framboise is Belgian raspberry "beer") plum, orchid, freesia, iris, musk, amber and vanilla. As for all fragrances "your mileage may vary" but I do encourage people to try this and don't just pass it by because it didn't work for someone else . I do love this fragrance, but it is "different"

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have to write a review and say that this is abominable. Repulsive. Offensive. Monstrous. I had the misfortune of having this cat piss squirted on me and it is by far the worst thing I have ever smelled from B&BW, and I don't like most anything they sell as it is. It reminds me of dollar store cologne. It is overpowering and really rank. I cannot imagine who would like the smell of this. B&BW needs to stop formulating these vomit-inducing fragrances for their products. Real perfumes don't smell like this. They should stop pretending they sell fragrance items because their stuff does not smell good at all, especially Dark Kiss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me it was an acquired taste. When I first smelled this in the store in August, at first I thought it was kind of nice so I bought the trial size body spray and lotion. When I tried it at home, I hated it. I thought it was obnoxious, cloyingly sweet and downright nasty smelling. I couldn't believe it. I put it away and didn't pick it up again until I cleaned out my dresser in November and decided to give it to my teenage daughter. She put it on and it smelled nice. Talk about confusing! I started to like it. I tested the EDT in the store and found it to be much nicer than the body spray. So I bought the set again, with the EDT. Now, a couple of weeks later, I'm in LOVE with Dark Kiss! Maybe because it's cold out, I don't know, but I can't get enough of the smell. When I'm home I keep spraying myself all day long because I want to keep catching a whiff of it. It's like a more mature version of VS Love Spell. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dark Kiss smelled so bad, i had to wash it off. Maybe its just my body chemistry, i liked the perfume so i figured the body butter would be fine. Wrong. I don't even know if i want to try some more on again. When at first applied it had a terribly tangy lingering smell that was just gross. My mom didn't like it either.

Typically, the important part for me is the dry down since that is what i will be smelling like. Even the dry down wasn't great. Very boring, made me yawn. Ill be returning this for a different body butter for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by chocol8eyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

*** UPDATE - It seems women like this scent a lot but men tend to say it smells like a stripper :(

I work @ a mall and we always get things from other stores - BBW tends to give us lil' santitizers of the newest scents and we also received this scent.

When a fellow employee put this on I was immediately like what is that and she showed me the bottle and was like isn't it amazing?! I didn't know what to say ... the reviewer below me hit it on the nail!

It's very similar to Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy - which I love but I would have to add that it has a hint of pepper in it! Yes, I said pepper - I could never nail down what the notes were, I suck @ describing notes in a scent but I always had a aroma of pepper when applying this lotion @ work.

I haven't bought it and not sure I would unless it was clearanced down or on sale - definitely wouldn't play full price. Now if it was one of those amazing scents that do so well they decide without reason to discontinue such as sparkling apple, tropical passionfruit, pearberry, there was a strawberry one too, I even recall an amazing pineapple one --- those would be worth full price and the tax!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Annabellp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! It's a very Fall-ish scent. I have the lotion and the fragrance mist. I want the shower gel, lip gloss, etc. I'm not good at describing scents but it smells like plums and berries. I could literally smell it all day because it smells amazing!