Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss

3.9

I had smelt this body spray in the store and didn't really like it, then my boyfriend got it for me along with the lotion for Valentine's day. I really started liking it once I tried it and have been wearing it the past few days. I brought it with me to work today and just sprayed some on to refresh and touch up. A coworker commented that it smells like cotton candy. I hadn't thought of this smell at at even in the store when I smelt it the first time. I am kind of dissapointed because I thought it had such a different, fresh, lean-in-and-smell-more smell.... and now all I can smell is cotton candy. Maybe I'll get over it. I would still buy it again especially the lotion. Maybe just not spray it at work or around people who are near by.

I have the shower gel, the scent is just too sweet for my liking. It does smell good but it's just not for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Dark Kiss is my favorite scent right now. It smells so good...kind of reminds me of tanning lotion but in a musky deep amazing way.

I first recieved this in August for my b-day when it was new and I kind of liked it but wasn't crazy for it. I bought the body spray, lotion and shower wash and maybe its because it is winter but my goodness I just LOVE it! It's a great winter scent.. smells fruity but warm at the same time. Great product!

I have the body splash, cream, and lotion in this scent and I love them all.

I am not skilled at identifying notes in perfume but I smell berries, vanilla, and amber. My coworker smelled Skittles, apparently, but she said she liked it.

It's very long-lasting, even though I don't have the EDT. I love the scent and have given it as gifts to family members and friends and they love it, too.

I have this in the EDT (and the lotion) - it is GORGEOUS. I never tried the body spray, so I can't comment on that. I am so impressed with BBW these days; the quality of their products have really jumped to a higher level. This EDT has good staying power on me, too. The berry notes are not artificial like BS Midnight Fantasy - that perfume reminds me of children's Dimatap cough medicine - that fake, grape note. This is so much richer, sexier, warmer - again, absolutely gorgeous! The bottle is beautiful, too! With the amazing sales BBW has been having the past few months, you can't complain about the price, either. I love this so much, I have a backup of both the EDT and the lotion. I hope this remains in their line indefinitely!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was so underwhelmed by this. When I smelled it, I instantly thought "well that's it? Come on, it smells exactly like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy perfume". I know that for sure since I OWN this perfume and wear it often.

* Side note :

It was my first time ever entering a BBW store (in Canada, there are only about 4 stores, including only one near where I live). I have to say I was not impressed at all. I find that the YT gurus rave about the scents way too much. I've used a ton of products similar to those sold at BBW, if not better. Good for you Americans, your sales are great though - ours not so much. Here it's way pricier to buy products at BBW and for the price, I don't think it's worth it. The only thing I am willing to splurge on is candles.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The scent is very sweet. Supposedly it's the only fragrance BBW currently carries with both floral and fruity notes, but I don't really smell the floral. It smells exactly like Haribo blackberry candy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume (body spray, what have you) seems to engender an extreme response in those who don't like it. I personally think it's a lovely fall winter fragrance. It is quite a bit more sophisticated than most of BBW's line though. I think the note most are objecting to is the strong incense in the top notes the notes in this fragrance are: bergamot, incense, mirabelle plum, black raspberry, amber, burgundy rose, geranium, peony, dark vanilla bean, labdunum, vetiver, balsam and musk. For comparisons sake here are the notes for Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (which many people have compared this to) black cherry, framboise, (framboise is Belgian raspberry "beer") plum, orchid, freesia, iris, musk, amber and vanilla. As for all fragrances "your mileage may vary" but I do encourage people to try this and don't just pass it by because it didn't work for someone else . I do love this fragrance, but it is "different"

I have to write a review and say that this is abominable. Repulsive. Offensive. Monstrous. I had the misfortune of having this cat piss squirted on me and it is by far the worst thing I have ever smelled from B&BW, and I don't like most anything they sell as it is. It reminds me of dollar store cologne. It is overpowering and really rank. I cannot imagine who would like the smell of this. B&BW needs to stop formulating these vomit-inducing fragrances for their products. Real perfumes don't smell like this. They should stop pretending they sell fragrance items because their stuff does not smell good at all, especially Dark Kiss.

Popular Fragrances