August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the wonderfully helpful MUA community I was steered towards this liquid liner as an easier alternative to using a gel liner with a brush. I am soo happy I bought this! It really is the best liquid-liner out there. The precision of the slim, delicate brush gives you that perfect cat- eye or a more natural look depending on what you prefer. This makes my eye makeup routine so much easier and is almost fool proof even on a day when you're shaky. It's easy to fix mistakes too where I was having trouble fixing the mistakes I would make with a gel liner. This liner creates a very precise line and has great staying power. It's worth the 20$ that I payed and I am devoted fan of this liquid liner from now on!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by TrampChick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the colour. A lot of dark brown eyeliners are too red - and my eyes don't need any added red! I found I had to go over the line a few times to get any definition - no one swoop and you're done. Then the texture was ... tacky. It felt like my eyes were going to be stuck open. Overall I was not impressed. I did keep using as I'd spent the money and it's already to run out after six weeks of not terribly regular use. If I'm going to use a felt liner I'll go for Lancome Artliner. This delivers everything the Stila did not.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this. It is the best liquid liner I've ever used. lasts all day, goes in smooth. It's a nice intense black. If you've struggled with doing cat eyes in the past, try this liner. only downside is that it is $20 US. worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by morganmercer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have not bought this product but I use it at a friends house whenever I go over and I love it! the tip is very spongey and flexible which is perfect for a winged eyeliner outcome. I'm not sure if my friend got brown-black or black but it did show up as a dark brown and I really like a black matte eyeliner but other than that I had no issues with it and I am looking into purchasing my own!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

It is pretty much what it is: a liquid eyeliner that stays on all day. It's relatively easy to use because of the marker pen. I bought this when I was after a pen liquid eyeliner and it's great. I cannot compare it to any other liquid eyeliner pens out there because I've never tried them. I don't use this eyeliner often only because I prefer gel and pencil eyeliners but this eyeliner won't smudge during the day. It is easily removed using makeup remover. The only con is the price, like others have said. I'm not sure how it'd work out for people with oily lids. My lids can be a little oily but it's not really a problem when I put primer beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At last, I found my HG eyeliner after a long and expensive journey. I have tried numerous high end brands and drugstore brands and nothing works which is long lasting and won't give you raccoon eyes. I asked the sale assistant at Sephora to recommend me any brand and she came up with MUFE eye pencil. Happily I bought it, tried and tested it and the result was awful. Here, we can't return products once it is used so money down the drain again. I went back to sephora and complained and then another SA suggested I tried Stila eyeliner. I bought four eyeliners in green, blue, brown and black. I gave the green and blue ones to my friend's daughter. This is the only eyeliner that last and doesn't flake or crease.
The only gripe I have about Stila eyeliner is the felt pen and I just wish the felt pen should be in shape and size like Sephora pointed liner brush and then Stila eyeliner can knock other brands out of the park.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by adhanoa1

This is definitely my HG liquid eyeliner. Yes its pricey - but it lasts for a long time. I purchased my Stila liner from Sephora Canada 5 months ago and its still going strong. I got the darkest black color and I love it! This eyeliner does not budge. The point is very fine at the end so it makes it super easy to do a winged liner. Once the liner dries it has a bit of a wet look to it - some people like that, some don't - personally I dont mind it. I was a big fan of the lorel liner intense, but the Stila liner is far superior.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by subwaystitches

When I couldn't find a truly smudge proof/long-wearing gel or cream eyeliner, I turned to this stuff, and oh my goodness, it's a HG liquid eyeliner. The felt tip is fine but easy to work with, and the formula lasts and lasts. I have slightly oily skin and no matter how tightly I close my eyes when laughing (usually where I get smudging from gel & cream liners), it doesn't transfer at all. It's also a matte black liner unlike NYX's studio liquid liner (plus the NYX brush sucks.)

Anyway, love this stuff! Wish it was a gel or cream, but happy with the pen-style liquid liner as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

At $26 (Sephora in Canada), this is more than twice what I'd normally pay for a decent liquid liner at the drugstore. I was expecting spectacular results for something so expensive, and this is truly a great liquid liner. The point is small enough to make a thin, precise line, but it can also be built up for a more dramatic look. It's really easy to do a cat eye with the tip and it doesn't get fuzzy or less intense as time goes on. The formula itself is very black and very intense, and it does stay put all day. It's also very waterproof - it doesn't bleed or smudge all over the place, which is great. All in all, I wish it cost a bit less, but you definitely do get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

This is definitely my HG eyeliner. I'm asian and every eyeliner I wear smudges and budges, but this one NEVER fails me. I can always count on it, even in the hot, humid summer weather, to stay put the entire day!!

Only thing I don't like is the PRICE! $26 is pretty pricey, and Stila does not ever seem to have sales on their products. But considering that I use mine all year before I need to repurchase, I think it's worth it...atleast until I find something better.

It is a very intense black, so it might look very out of place on some... I'd say try it on first at Sephora or something before buying it. Anyone use a brown one before?? I'm looking for something less intense but with the same staying power and not too crazy colourful.

Enjoy!