April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't you hate when the high end version of a product really is the best? That's the case for Stila Stay-All-Day liner and felt tip pen liners.

In my opinion, felt-tip liners are the absolute easiest way to get that inky-black (or any other colour!), opaque liquid liner look. I'm so happy to see that the market has begun to be saturated with this kind of liner- instead of working with a gel liner and getting a brush dirty or trying to get a super thin line with a pencil liner (impossible imo), a felt tip liner like this is practically like writing with a pen, and allows you to easily get the shape of liner you want- I know for me, I was finally able to get that even, symmetrical, cat-flick liner look.

There are a bunch of brands that make these now, and I've tried a handful. The two most talked about is the Stila Stay-All-Day, and the Physicians Formula Eye-booster. BOTH are excellent, well worth your money, have a deep dark black and brown shade that work amazingly. Here's why Stila has a *bit* of en edge over PF, and why I will continue to repurchase Stila:
-I have oily skin, and the Stay-all-day does not smudge, budge, or move, while the wings I make with my PF liner tend to smudge by day's end.
-The PF formula is a bit more watery/liquidy than Stila's, and slightly bleed into the fine lines on my eyelid when used right in my inner corner, while the Stila liner stays exactly where you put it.

TL;DR: Felt tip liners are very user-friendly liners. Stila's is the very best I've tried, and beats out close competitor Physicians Formula because it's more longwearing and doesn't bleed into fine-lines on the eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ForeverKim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily lids and bought alot of eyeliner from low end to high end, and for a long run, they all smudge which makes me a racoon at the end of the day. I even ask some experts for what is the best liner for oily lids like me, and they didnt help at all, until i tried this stila all day waterproof liner. Literally its stays all they and even a single smudge is not seen in my lower lash line... I will recommend this product to everyone and i would buy again if ever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I'm kind of cheap with eyeliners especially liquid liners because I only wear them when going out to a fancy place. But, I'm tired of picking up duds that smear and smudge so I decided to spend more time in researching for a nice one. So, there I was walking around Ulta testing out liquid liners on my hand. I think I spent and hour testing different brands. I would pick a liner and draw a line. Let it sit for a few seconds then walk over to the Ulta supply and mirror stations and drench it with brush cleaner. I would take a tissue and try to wipe it off. Out of all the testable brands that Ulta offers, Stila came out as the winner. Even after wiping the sample off with brush cleaner, I was still left with a light line that didn't come off until I did a regular hand washing and light scrubbing at home. I also love how pigmented the black is and I love how easy it is to draw lines. For $20, I feel it is worth every cent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by imasupermann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the best eyeliner I have used. It is the first liquid liner I have ever purchased.

PROS:
- So pigmented
- VERY waterproof
- Stays on all day; they really weren't joking
- Applicator is easy to use
- Packaging ensures that the lid doesn't fall off in the makeup bag (I think that may only be a problem for me)
- Very good for beginners - application is very easy

CONS:
- Although some may say price is a con, it really is worth it. I live in Australia, and it costs $31. However, I will continue to repurchase.
- Stays on so well, mistakes are difficult to correct

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by nhingyn

When I first got this eyeliner after reading the reviews, I was really impressed with how black it turned out to be. I didn't like how glossy it turned out, but everything else was great so I didn't bother returning it. Now when I do my wing for my cat eye, I like to pull the felt tip and after around 3 months, the felt tip started to get flimsy and it started drying out after that time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Zelda123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A fantastic product, possibly the best eyeliner I have ever used. I bought the sparkle version in grey and it looks beautiful, lasts all day and all night and the price is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I love the how easy it is to apply this eyeliner and the staying power is great, but I find it's to glossy for me and not as matte as I like it to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by eclair9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like this eyeliner because it allows you to control how thin or thick you want your line to be. I've been using this nearly everyday for months and it hasn't irritated my eyes. It seems to dry quickly (which is good to stay in place!) but it has smudged before, usually after 12+ hours of wearing it. And if you're looking for waterproof eyeliner, this isn't the best product. Since I'm not concerned with that, I wouldn't mind purchasing this eyeliner again. As for the packaging, it's great. The cap fits tightly to prevent accidents (I've dropped it before and thankfully it hasn't broken or opened). But because the cap is tight, you can't place it on the other end as you apply. That's not all too convenient. Still would recommend this eyeliner though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by zabloski

I love this eyeliner! I just bough it three or four days ago and have since used it several times. I have always had liquid eyeliner that would "chunk" off or flake off, and it definitely was not durable. This eyeliner stays put and does not flake off at all! It is easy to apply and I love that the felt tip is slightly flexible because it is so much easier to use than a stiff felt tip.

The only downside to this product is that it really isn't very waterproof at all. I was not looking for waterproof, so it suits me perfectly. But for someone that is really looking for a waterproof liquid liner, this would not be my top recommendation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bigbrighteyes

This is my HG eyeliner. Don't know what i did without it before?!!

I have oily, hooded lids - yep, the worst kind - and this liner is my saviour. I even put it at No 1 on my blog's favourites list (bigbrighteyes.co.uk) because I want other people with hooded eyelids to know about it. For £13 it is also excellent value, my current liner has lasted a year and is still going strong

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No