October 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Hallow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm lucky that I've received enough samples of this product that I haven't needed to buy it yet.
I like the texture and find that it does hide pores for a few hours but I do not see it as a primer as it moves.
I mainly like to use this to hide my pores and for it's texture.. I use a different primer with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by rosiejnes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

it's an OK primer, I can sometimes see why people are obsessed with it, but it does have many faults.

I hate the texture, it's silicone and when I put it on my face in the morning it's hard to apply evenly and it feels horrible on my fingers, yuckk

It is terribly pricey for what it is! I would not re-purchase this, it feels really bad and doesn't actually also do a lot for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I like this; makes my skin feel nice and prepped for make up. I do not really notice that my pores are less visible though, but I don't think I have a big issues with pores to begin with. I feel that it does a decent job with controlling oils.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Different texture, but a nice product. I'm terrible with using any type of base before foundation but I found this to be a nice change.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

You love it.....you hate it.....It works so well but its pricey. It goes on like butter and creates such a lovely canvas for your makeup. It is a skin color however you don't see any of that on your skin. This just really is a great product, just wish it was cheaper, but until I find something equivalent, guess I will keep buying it and loving it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give two lippes because.....I believe macs primer prolongs the wear of your foundation. Rimmel London's stay matte primer prolongs the wear of your foundation. I have kinda dry/oily skin depending on the weather outside. Okay....if you ever felt what monistat feels like than that is what this poreles primer feel like. It's slippery and slippery does not = long lasting. I do think how ever that it creates a flawless poreless look...for about four hours. Lol and then....slip lol. In other words this primer is over priced...over hyped and if you got money to burn...burn it baby. But honestly you can find a better primer for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Benefit's The POREfessional is a great product! I got it from Sephora; I have the 0.75 oz tube which costs $31, but if you just want to give it a try before spending so much, there is a new 0.25 oz "Mini" available for $10. This product is a balm to minimize the appearance of pores. I have oily skin, so naturally I have big pores. After reading about a balm that can minimize them & is oil-free, I had to try it.

I wear this to minimize pores & mattify my oily skin. I don't/can't wear it alone because even though it's supposed to be translucent, I can see a peachy white haze. I have dark skin, so that's probably why I can see it on my face. After cleansing, I apply The POREfessional to my nose, on the sides of my nose, & on my cheeks because that's where I have visible pores. I blend in it with my fingertips. It's very smooth & lightweight like most primers. Someone people use this allover to prime, but I just use it where needed, & then apply a separate primer & foundation/powder as usual.

My only complaints are that it's not really translucent on my dark/black skin & I think it's overpriced. $31 is too much for something I get less than 1 oz of. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good makeup product, but Benefit should provide a bigger package/tube for the $30+ I'm spending.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a miracle solution in a tube but it does work fairly well to a degree, I do not think there actually exists a primer that will remove evidence of pores completely and I have tried a fair few!

Iv'e had this one for quite some time and mainly just use on and around my nose, this product is best patted in for effectiveness, not rubbed on like a cream. A little does go a long way so even though the tube is by no means large it will last awhile. It has a lovely soft and smooth consistency (silicony) and makeup does glide on easily over top. It is good and does work to soften/blur the look of open pores but I don't find this extremely long wearing.

This is very comparable to Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm which I have and enjoy using too, it has a very similar consistency and feel, I'm not sure I would repurchase Porefessional as I don't use a primer every day and have a few others to try. I also have Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder which does a good job in lieu of a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bonnielouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this in UK Elle and was super excited to try it as i had heard great things about it. Was totally disappointed. If anything it seemed to make my makeup wear/slide off earlier than usual! Also broke out in tiny, very painful pimples around my t zone. This definitely doesn't work for oily skin, wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer does an amazing job of concealing pores..... but that's about it. It doesn't work as a basic primer. It doesn't help my makeup go on better or keep it longer lasting. I am willing to spend more money on better products, but to me it isn't worth the extra money just for a primer. I've used other primers less than half the price that have worked way better (ex: the elf primer!) I love it for covering my pores and making them look less noticeable, but besides that nothing else. Isn't worth the money for me. But if your pores are your main concern, then this is the primer for you!