August 29, 2014 | 1734 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by londonn21

I really wanted to like this... It accentuates my pores, it makes my skin dry and my makeup looks incredibly cakey. I love the "that gal" primer, but the porefessional is a no from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jennibean06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand this product. I LOVE Benefit..one of my fav makeup brands but this just didn't work for me. It didn't reduce my pores at all. I did like the consistency and it smelled great but..no. I really wish it would have worked :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by starletdust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love love love! Best primer there is! Pores are noticably reduced, skin is smooth and soft and a perfect base for foundation! In the day time I find I only need this and a powder, as it does leave my skin a little more dewy than I like it looking, but is a primer not a cover up keep in mind! You can not really expect a primer to do all the dirty work of a cover up and a healthy skin base, but it certainly does go a long way and is worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Currently I only own this is sample size, so I definitely need to get my hands on a full size because I am pretty much in love with it.
I have a love hate relationship with primers, as each one I have owned either high end or low budget have let me down in some way, which is why I tend to steer clear of them, as they seem like a bit of a con. This is why I try to get samples first wherever I can, seeing as the Porefessional is pretty expensive and you don't really want to shell out on something that doesn't work for you.
Personally, I don't suffer from large or open pores, nor do I need oil control so the two main selling points of the product don't really apply to me! However the main function of a primer is to keep the foundation there so it definitely achieves that to me. Some of my friends who have the Porefessional also use it alone, like no foundation over the top, although I don't often do that because it would feel like a little bit of waste.
What I would really compare this to is some of the cheaper 'Miracle Blur' Primers you can get from brands like Garnier and L'Oreal, only its just that bit more expensive and that bit better. It makes my skin look smoothed out, perfected and feel softer. I also find with other primers I've used it tends to make the foundation apply patchy or fall off the face whereas this is a primer for me that actually does what it is intended to do!
Overall, I know this is an expensive product that doesn't exactly work for everyone but I have dry skin and have found it works very well for me, so I guess its just a matter of different products for different people. I will most definitely be looking into getting the full size once I've used my sample, which has actually lasted me quite a while because you don't need a lot as it goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by whereismybucket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm living in a hot and humid climate so a good primer is a must for me as I've got oily skin. There are so much hype about this product and so many good reviews, however I find this product made me oilier throughout the day and each time I use this product it causes breakouts around my chin for some reason.

This product smoother appearance of pores and fine lines but the effect did not last long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by VivaLaDiosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really get the hype about this stuff. For the price it isn't that spectacular. It clings to dry patches & makes them that much more evident (even when I put on a considerable amount of moisturizer), and it makes anywhere you may get oily even oilier. I've tried it several times and tried it on other people several times and was never impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Lucreciagdlc

Totally hate this product. It does cover pores, however it gave me a huge breakout after 3 times of use. The price is insane... A total waste of money! Don't recommend it at all. Better use Clarins Instant Smooth perfecting touch.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by allycat7005

I really tried to like this product, but it just doesn't work for me. I soon discovered that this product containes silicone. What silicone does is it fills up your pores, trapping bacteria in your skin and preventing oxygen from entering. Because I have oily/combo skin, this only caused me to produce even more oil. I tried to put this on in every way-before applying makeup, after, putting it on my brush, etc. But instead I just gave it to my mom, who has really dry skin. She loves it, however, so I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying it, but I'm just warning people who have oily skin like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by itsheathermckay

I was so disappointed with this product. I decided to buy it after hearing so many good reviews about it. It smells amazing but I have very sensitive skin so the perfumes in it made me break out like crazy. It did make my skin feel smooth but even though I have oily skin that's not dry at all it made it look dry, patchy and flakey, even without foundation on! My foundation went on nicely but 'dry patches' were even more visible. I found that I had to use way more concealer than usual because it just didn't stick to my skin at all. The primer made my skin smooth but the concealer just didn't work with it. I didn't notice any difference in the size of my pores and my skin was oily just a few hours after applying it. By the end of the day it didn't look like I had any makeup on at all, the primer didn't hold it it actually helped it slide off. I tried using it other times, applying it different ways but there was no difference and since it made me break out, I can't use it anyway. I'm really disappointed because there was so much hype about this product and so many good reviews. Also for the amount of product you actually get, the price is ridiculous. Wouldn't recommend this one unfortunately :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by prettydarncute

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've searched high and low for a solution to large pores. I finally found a product that is almost perfect. I always thought concealers should do the job but, they go over the pore and do not get the job done. Weather it's good or bad this stuff actually gets in the pore and after applying your liquid makeup you can't even see the pore. Thank you